Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Vacant
    vCash
    It should have been Nicholas and Rough Copy in the bottom 2 with either one going. Nicholas because he's dull and RC because they sang soooooo badly in the sing off.

vCash
    I agree, Rough Copy just totally lost it emotionally in the sing-off and their vocals were a hot mess.

The final will be a little anti-climactic since you can very safely bet on Sam Bailey winning, McDonald coming second and Friend being chucked at the first vote freeze.

I wonder what Cowell is planning for those acts. Friend could possibly make a successful pop-rock album if given a bit of time to develop. I wouldn't rush that release. With Bailey and McDonald, Cowell might go for the quick and easy buck route and rush release crappy covers albums, like he did with Jahmene Douglas and his abomination of a début release, which was basically a shower of total shit.

I hope he's not going to go down that route with Sam Bailey because she definitely is a one in a million talent vocally and deserves much better. Just hire Sia and Emeli Sande to write big ballads and she's sorted, really.

vCash
    I really hope Sam does win. I'm a little worried about the Scottish vote doing it for Nicholas because he's somehow managed to stay in up until now despite being incredibly boring. The kids I teach at school are mostly in favour of him winning so I spent yesterday trying to convince them to vote for Sam instead - I remember Leon Jackson mania up here and I don't want to see another bland teeny bopper boy winner!

vCash
    Just saw the other two finalists, and perhaps I'm biased, but vocally it's not even close. Sam Bailey wins it in a runaway, of course that's not always the case and I'm not sure about British Teens, but I'm sure there are many that will vote for Nicholas just because "he's cute", him trying to do Beyonce was worthy. The song was way too big for him and his voice. He really has very limited range and should probably stick to Bieber type pop songs where he doesn't have to stretch it, because the power isn't there.

Luke Friend, isn't my cup of tea but he knows who he is, knows what he wants to do and I know what genre he will do. That I think will drive people to him, but he just isn't that interesting to me. I hope he gets a deal because he is talented and deserves to go somewhere.

Sam, what can I say? That voices just makes me melt as soon as I hear it. She has such superb range and control over what she does. If she can get the right people and Cowell doesn't royally screw it up, I think she could carve out a very good market for herself. She has the kind of voice that can really make her go international and be a hit in North America with the right people and songs behind her. I really hope the British Public realizes what kind of a talent they have with her, because I will be buying her CD if she wins this thing. Fantastic voice and deserves the win.
    Kyle

vCash
    So did no one see the finale this weekend?

Sam Bailey is the new X-Factor winner!

She was spectacular this weekend. She is by far one of the most consistent talent-show performers I have ever seen. She never gave a single bad performance. She was consistently good. I'm still over the Scherzinger duet though. Granted it was amazing and I had no idea Scherzy had the kind of voice in her, did she really feel the need to outdo Sam every chance she got? Like really? She sang the hell out of her songs this weekend and has actually made me like a Demi Lovato song which I never thought possible. It's locked and loaded into my iPod and I've listened to it already. She kills it every time.

Nicholas is going to be fine. He's got that dopey "aww schucks" smile and is "cute" so girls everywhere are going to love him. I'm surprised the teeny-boppers didn't put him over the top but he's going to get a record deal out of it without question so he'll be okay. I'm really glad he didn't win though, Sam had him beat hands down.

The one I worry for is Luke. He is clearly the most well defined of the final three, he's got the chops and talent, I just hope he won't be ignored. He has the potential to sell a lot of albums as well.
    Kyle

vCash
    I've finally got around to watching it.

It was a very underwhelming final. I feel sorry for Friend who really didn't deliver vocally on day 1. "Candy" was a complete disaster for McDonald (who in their right mind would pick that song for him...) but he redeemed himself with his other performances. Still, nowhere near Bailey. It was really obvious she would win.

The only interesting thing in the final was discovering how absolutely incredible Scherzinger's vocal range is.

What was very surprising though was the day 1 results. I didn't expect it to be this close. Bailey 38.2%, McDonald 32.1% and Friend 29.7% (damnit, he was so close to making it! ).

I thought that the song they picked as the 'winner's single' for Nicholas was perfect but I am not so sure about 'Skyscraper' for Bailey. Whilst she has managed to make the coveted Christmas number one with it, it has been the second lowest-selling X-Factor winner's single so far. I hope Sony is not going to spare any expense and they've already drafted Emeli Sande and Sia to work on Bailey's album.

As for McDonald, I hope he releases a mother's day cover album full of stodgy ballads and then disappears forever.

vCash
    Agreed, I hope Sony goes all out for Sam. She's got the vocal talent with the likes of Adele, Celine Dion and the like. There's no reason she can't be a global superstar.

OT - did you see the videos performing of her at G-A-Y bar in London? I guess that means she likes us! She really likes us!
    Kyle

vCash
    Sam Bailey has apparently recorded something with Michael Bolton, making sure to secure her hold on the over-40 market.

Nicholas McDonald is SURPRISE SURPRISE recording a shitty covers album, entitled "Arms of an Angel" , following in the footsteps of Jahmene Douglas. Will it be equally appalling? My guess: It will be worse. Although in a shocking turns of events, there will be three original songs on it! Make sure to update your diaries, accordingly.

vCash
    Nicholas McDonald's single dropped. And it's not a cover! RCA surely realises that his 5 minutes of fame will be over very soon so they're not dragging their feet. It's called "Answerphone" and it's predictably terrible although you cannot deny it's pretty catchy.

Nicholas McDonald "Answerphone"

Popjustice did their usually hilarious and snarky write-up. 'Rummaging around in the bins of One Direction’s A&R team'.

vCash
    Sam Bailey's GRAND PRIZE of 'supporting Beyoncé on her UK tour' has been demoted to 'supporting Beyoncé on ONE date of her UK tour, and that date is in Birmingham.'

vCash
    Aaaand any hope that Sam Bailey would be treated seriously by her record label is gone now:
    http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/sa...ith-it/124565/

Jesus Christ.

PJ's winsome commentary:
    http://www.popjustice.com/briefing/t...better/124572/

Given it's taken them about 15 minutes to put that 'cover art' together, I imagine it's going to be a crappy covers album dropping right in time for Mother's Day.

Also: The crappy video to McDonald's crappy debut single is out now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKDa6GE--KI

Simco desperately trying to cash in before everybody forgets who they are.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 02-21-2014 at 03:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Sam Bailey's GRAND PRIZE of 'supporting Beyoncé on her UK tour' has been demoted to 'supporting Beyoncé on ONE date of her UK tour, and that date is in Birmingham.'

I totally missed this thread at the time, but it was a pretty boring year, wasn't it?

Facebook keeps suggesting Sam Bailey to me, I'm slightly concerned by this.

vCash
    Popjustice asked their readers to improve Sam Bailey's artwork and they got flooded with submissions: http://www.popjustice.com/briefing/t...ssions/124806/

My favourite is 96% of sales go to the Syco Trust.

vCash
    Also, as expected 'the real winner' of that piss poor series is likely going to be Tamera Foster. She just got signed by Syco and provided they pile enough money into this and had her a lot of CBT, they can have a big pop star on their books.

vCash
    Nicholas McDonald's debut single failed to chart. And this Sam Bailey news is just something else: https://twitter.com/Popjustice/statu...15733200867328

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Nicholas McDonald's debut single failed to chart. And this Sam Bailey news is just something else: https://twitter.com/Popjustice/statu...15733200867328
    that is the funniest thing I've read in ages! After taking a pregnancy test in asda....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    that is the funniest thing I've read in ages! After taking a pregnancy test in asda....
    And then using that charming fact to land a deal with Asda. Just who is her manager exactly? I guess just like the label, he/she is confident her chances of long-term success are none and their modus operandi is to cash in as much as possible before her 5 minutes of fame are over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12