Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

X Factor UK Season 10

My apologies if there is a thread out there about this already, but has anyone been watching? From what I've seen, I only have two words...

SAM BAILEY!

I have no idea in the world how she wasn't known before, but she should be now. She has been flawless every single week in finals. Is she favourite to win? If she does, I can't wait to buy her CD, she's so amazing!
    Kyle

vCash
    It's a really good season.

There are quite a lot of very strong acts in the finals.

I still can't get over Louis picking Sam Callahan who can't sing at all and Sharon not choosing Joseph Whelan and either Angela or Zoe but going with the godawful Lorna and Shelley instead (no surprise they were gone first).

I guess producers wanted Callahan because he is cute and Shelley to have a joke act.

I feel sorry for Miss Dynamix. Yeah, their Week 3 performance was awful but they were a new band, only starting to gel and I thought they had incredible potential. All three of them were very good singers.

Sam Bailey is going to do well out of this. She probably won't sell many records but she's an incredible live performer and will probably make a good living out of that. It's incredible to think she just did one season on a cruise ship and then gave up singing, given how good she is. She seems to hardly ever miss a note and it's not just the voice. The performance aspect and the power of her last performance was incredible too.

I think Kingsland Road might become a good boyband if they put around one year of really hard work in after the show (and I imagine Syco will want to make this kind of investment).

Rough Copy are simply incredible. I hope they stop doing bland songs and get more edge but they have the whole package. And are extremely likeable on top of that.

Tamera has incredible potential. Gorgeous, stunning voice. She just needs time to find her identity and develop her sound but she is still so young.

Nicholas and Luke are sweet but I think they lack the X-Factor. I don't see a recording career for them.

Hannah annoys me to no end. Horrible personality, constant whinging and whining and playing the victim. Croaky, uncontrolled voice that is more shouting than singing. I don't understand why the judges kiss her ass so much all the time.

vCash
    Is there any consensus on a favorite to win at the moment?
    Kyle

vCash
    The Sam Callahan fiasco is getting ridiculous now. He can't sing. He never could. He is only in the show because he makes teens' panties wet.

Kingsland Road still need a lot of work but they had great personalities and always gave it their 110%. I hope they get a record deal. One year from now they could be amazing.

Tamera being in the bottom two was even more . It just shows that people can't appreciate a 'less is more' performance without the vocal showboating, usual for shows like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    Is there any consensus on a favorite to win at the moment?
    I'd say Sam Bailey hands down. All of her performances so far were flawless and she will appeal to a broad audience.

And in disco week she's shown she can do much more than ballads. The power, the performance it was just incredible.

vCash
    The fact nobody is posting in this thread is probably a fair testament to how underwhelming this season is.

I almost slept through the last episode.

Vacant
    vCash
    Didn't even know there was a thread this year

LOVE Sam Bailey who is THE class act of the competition. Every week she's just knocking it out of the park. The extra push she's getting each week on Gogglebox isn't hurting either
    Rough Copy are the only serious competition to Sam IMO. Last weeks Big Band week showcased their versatility and proved what wonderful performers they are.
    Nicholas - beeeauuutiful voice with absolutely flawless intonation that just makes me every week. But agree he has no charisma and will only go so far.
    Luke at least has some stage presence although not a fan of his voice.
    Hannah seems to be loathed if you go by twitter and it's surely only a matter of time before nodules develop. When is someone going to teach her how to breathe properly???
    Sam Callahan - errrrrr yep

vCash
    I really liked Kingsland Road and I think they went home way too early. Abi had one amazing week and the rest she sounded terrible, I'm glad she's gone. Hannah is also kind of amazing but she's always teetering on the edge of disaster and will be gone soon for sure. I wish Jade Richards could've been picked instead of one of those 2, it was so obvious to me that Hannah and Abi would be flashes in the pan and Jade had more potential to grow in the competition, but every year she seems to be cut off right before live shows. Luke is interesting and can be great but usually is pretty bad. Sam B. is terrific and I'm glad she got a nice makeover. Sam C. has terrific abs and needs to outlast some of these duds- I don't think he's as bad as everyone is saying, but its clear some others are better. Rough Copy does nothing for me and I think they should've gone before Kingsland Road- no idea what everyone is so impressed with there. Nicholas and Tamera are both very good in general, although Nicholas has had a couple terrible songs- the one he did this past week was awesome for him. I'd like to see them in the final with Sam B...but maybe they will be the next 2 to go home instead.

vCash
    Sam Bailey, Rough Copy and Luke Friend are the only three acts that even remotely excite me. Well I don't personally care for Sam at all but I can't deny she is absolutely incredible. She is most definitely going to win. Rough Copy I have an extremely soft spot for. They are great performers but most importantly they seem to be really lovely blokes and given the background they come from it's a very heart-warming cinderella story. Luke Friend stands out by having his own style (very edgy by talent show standards ). Those three are my dream final.

Everybody else can piss off.

I liked Abi but Sharon's comments about putting the kettle on were spot on. It was too early for her, she wasn't ready, she needed to develop more charisma and presence. Her last performance showed improvement in this regard and I wish she could have been kept over Hannah but for whatever reason they judges seem to be crazy about HB.

Hannah screams and growls more than she sings. As Flo said, nodules are a matter of time. She's on vocal rest most of the time already. No future in the industry, sorry. Also, her constant whinging is unbearable. This is one example of a sob story taken way way too far, to the point where I actually want her to sod off back to Greggs.

Tamera can sing but at this point she is a hollow vessel. No character, no personality, no sense of who she is as an artist. Gary's "Stars in their Eyes" comment was spot on. I guess she is going to make a perfect mini-Rihanna. I imagine a Syco deal is going to happen. On another note, her past is making me look wide-eyed at her.

Nicholas is a very consistent performer with a lovely voice but he has zero charisma and is just so dull. He's McElderry/Quigg/Jackson of this series who will promptly be forgotten.

Sam Callahan. Why is he even in the final in the first place? Ah yes, the wet panties effect. I mean I get it. He is incredibly handsome. Unbelievably so. He's not my type at all but he's one of the most attractive guys I have ever seen. He can't sing though. At all. Every single performance is just painful to hear, with him missing half of the notes.

Digital Spy summed up all of the contestants really well:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/...port-card.html
    Last edited by Ziggy; 11-13-2013 at 05:16 PM.

vCash
    Sam Bailey is who I absolutely LIVE for. I know that's not some people's cup-of-tea, but I absolutely LOVE the big diva voices and Sam seems so humble and down to earth so I really hope she does win. I plan to buy her CD if she does win. She has been nothing short of spectacular every single week.
    Kyle

vCash
    So we finally got rid of Sam Callahan who has proven he not only couldn't sing but he couldn't play the guitar either. His "Faith" two weeks ago was a very amusing car crash.

Not much has changed really.

When Tamera Foster auditioned, I thought she had great potential but it was way too soon for her and she needed like 2 years working with a record label to sort herself out first. I was right. She does have star quality and a very powerful voice but she's not ready yet. I'm pissed off she wasn't even in the bottom two after that disaster last weekend.

It was very funny to see Nicholas McDonald being given a song that McElderry covered given he's pretty much his copy. Another great vocal performance. Another dull performance with no character or charisma. He'll make a living as a wedding singer (maybe a session singer as well) for sure but no way is he gonna be a successful recording artist.

Sam Bailey belted it out again but I still have no sense of who she is as an artist and what she wants to do. What is she going to release if she gets signed? An album of power ballad covers?

Hannah Barrett had an ok performance but I find her voice and (lack of) vocal technique very grating on my ears. Not going to be crying after her (although her sing-off performance was great) but it's Foster that should have gone home.

Luke Friend is the only contestant who has his own style and identity. The big Elton John song was an absolutely terrible song choice, no wonder he was bottom two. But his complete re-working of "What Makes You Beautiful" was just brilliant. I'd never have thought it'd be something for him but he really 'made it his own' as Uncle Louis would say. I really hope he's in the final.

Each time Rough Copy perform, I think about how amazing sex with the three of them (at the same time, of course) would probably be. They are just so cool and so likeable. They are also great performers but I am not sure who they are as artists any more. That Coldplay cover was like . They work hard, they sing well but it's like they do something different every week. I feel confused.

I still want the final to be Sam Bailey, Rough Copy and Luke Friend but I imagine that Nicholas McDonald is going to make it instead of RC as all the boring people are going to vote for him.

Can Tamera please go home next weekend? She's going to get a Syco contract anyway, probably.

On a different note, it's been really lovely how close-knit, friendly and drama-free the contestants have been this year. A great atmosphere, a lot of camaraderie and no accusations of bullying or other nasty shenanigans.

vCash
    I took a listen to Tamera from last weekend and it grated on my ears. she probably does have talent but I didn't hear it last weekend.

For Sam I get the sense that she's going to try and continue in the same vein as someone like Celine Dion and the like, she has the voice to do it, but I just hope she's surrounded by the right people in which she can flourish.

Winner should be decided in a couple weeks yes?
    Kyle

vCash
    I think Gary was right about that performance. It wasn't just that she forgot the lyrics twice, it seemed to be the wrong key for her and it was all too much 'deer-in-the-headlights.'

Sam Bailey is an incredible singer but she'll need very clever A&R people in order to find her own sound. Something that will appeal to the general public whilst being modern enough to be considered 'cool' and get airplay. What I am worried will happen is Cowell will sign her, whack out an album of ballad covers quickly to make a quick buck and then drop her because investing in her would be too risky. Still, even if that does happen, I imagine she'll make a comfortable living from getting lots of bookings. She seems universally loved and there's no doubt in her signing ability.

The final is in 3 weeks, I think and this year the winner will compete for the Christmas number one single (in the past couple of years, the single was released a week before as a result of social media campaigns aimed at preventing the X-Factor winner from taking the top spot - official charts in the UK are based on sales only).

vCash
    [QUOTE=Ziggy;4065077]I

. What I am worried will happen is I imagine she'll make a comfortable living from getting lots of bookings. She seems universally loved and there's no doubt in her signing ability.

I think Sam Bailey is great ! I would think she is in the Jayne Macdonald catagory .Jayne is 50 and doesn't achieve chart status but she tours frequently and has an army of fans.Sam could have the same sort of career .Good luck to her .She seems such a nice person too !

vCash
    Yes, I think that this is a very realistic prospect for Sam Bailey. Not selling a lot of records but still earning a good living from touring and private bookings.

vCash
    The 'general public' has been selecting one of the two songs the contestants are going to perform next week and 'I Believe I Can Fly' was chosen for Rough Copy. WELL DONE, EVERYONE.

vCash
    I think Luke can win this now !
    Sam Luke and Tamera in the final .I think Little Nicky /RC will be in the sing off tonight .

vCash
    I still think Sam wins this in a runaway. She had two absolutely stunning performances AGAIN last night. Week after week she doesn't put a foot wrong and I think she's still very humble and down to earth. She gets inside of a song and connects with it and that comes out. Her range is off the chart. I can't wait to see her in the finals
    Kyle

vCash
    I'm amazed Tamera went out tonight Nicky should have been in the bottom two IMO.She is a good singer but I don't think she's likeable and she's so young .She will probably do amazingly well anyway.I really want Sam to win but I would be just as pleased if Luke won.

vCash
    Nicholas McDonald has been showing a bit more performance quality finally. He still lacks charisma and personality but in the second song, he finally let loose and lit up and gave a proper performance. It was his best outing so far, I think. I'd still have him in the bottom two because he's so bland but he probably has the public vote in the bag, being so inoffensive.

Sam Bailey was note perfect as usual but again, I think that identity and whether she has anything to say is a big issue for me. The first performance was ok but it made me . It was, as Nichole said, very cruise ship. The second performance started incredibly well. I was positively surprised that she managed to create such perfect mood and not oversing, being in total control. And then came the final chorus and the typical talent show vocal showboating kicked in.

Tamera Foster finally managed to rein in her nerves but I felt that I was watching something different than the judges. Her "We Found Love" seemed partly off-key, she seemed uncomfortable, hardly moved and all-in-all it was a pretty mediocre performance. Her second song was much better. Great control, she really connected with the song, it was very emotional. Still, overall I'd have her in the bottom two together with Nicholas.

Luke Friend confirmed to me that he's the best act this year by a mile. He's the only person there with an identity, with a sense of who he is as an artist and with his own voice. He doesn't cover songs, he makes them his own, by actually arranging them differently and changing them up. He has an original raspy, rocky voice and his performances are always so impassioned. I thought both his "Skinny Love" and "I Will Wait For You" were just incredible. I was very and to see him in the sing-off but then he's probably too 'different' for an average viewer.

Rough Copy left me with mixed emotions. Their first performance had fantastic energy, it was great fun, but the vocals really suffered as a result of all the dancing. The second performance was ok but a bit bland. I still don't know who they really are. A vocal harmony group? A high energy pop/r&b group?

Luke Friend's performance in the sing off was the best performance of the series so far, for me. The way he got carried away, the passion, the emotion, he really gave it 110%. When Barlow went to deadlock saying it was too close (seriously ), I thought that the producers told him to do it to keep Foster in. Fortunately that was not the case. But honestly, what was Barlow smoking...

At this stage, what I would like to see:
    1) Luke Friend
    2) Sam Bailey
    3) Rough Copy (or them 2nd and Sam 3rd)
    4) Nicholas McDonald

What probably is going to happen:
    1) Sam Bailey
    2) Nicholas McDonald
    3) Rough Copy
    4) Luke Friend

vCash
    Semi-Final

Luke Friend gave it 9 PE again on the Beyonce song. I agree with Scherzinger that his interpretation was perhaps a little one-dimensional but great presence, great charisma and again - he's the only act who really knows who he is and has his own, consistent style. His second performance was very different and he hit the big notes. I adore him.

Nicholas McDonald was just all over place. It was the first performance where he really showed emotions and carried them across but it was also the first performance where he failed to deliver vocally. Out of tune from the start, voice cracking a few times later on. What a mess. For his second performance he was back to very strong vocals and no charisma or personality. I don't see a career in the music industry for him at all. He can release a Mother's Day ballad covers album that would probably sell well but I can't see him doing much beyond that.

Sam Bailey delivered with killer vocals as usual in her first performance. I did switch off during the second song, though. I don't think that it worked very well for her as it doesn't have big notes of key changes. P.S. She's lost so much weight!

Great energy, great performance and quite strong harmonies from Rough Copy. I have to agree with Louis and Sharon. It was a bit too much everything-and-the-kitchen-sink. The second song completely blew me away though. I thought their individual vocals weren't that strong during "Survivor" but that's probably partly due to all of the dancing because they were so clear and strong during the second performance. It was simple, elegant and beautifully sang. And that final note from Joey. Wow.

Whilst the overall level has been very high this year, it's been a bit boring how predictable the acts were, I guess.

I'd rank the semi-final performances thus:
    1) Luke Friend
    2) Rough Copy
    3) Sam Bailey
    4) Nicholas McDonald (buhbye)

My last week's prediction was right, though. Nicholas made it (probably in 2nd place), as he appeals to a much wider audience than Luke Friend or Rough Copy.

Luke Friend gave a 8.75 PE performance in the sing-off again. Rough Copy did quite well also but I thought their vocals were a little rough around the edges. It seemed they wanted it too much and lost control. Luke had the same problem to an extent but I thought he had a slight edge in that sing-off and I am glad that he made it. I feel really sorry for RC, I think that final won't be as fun without them. I hope they can have a career in the music industry, though. They have great personalities, great energy on stage.

On another note, Leona Lewis' performance of her Christmas single was hilariously random and over-the-top. I don't like the song at all though and I think that Kelly Clarkson easily wins the battle of the Christmas songs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast