vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    China (1) – Huang/ Zheng—won Chinese Nats with 195.55
    Thank you, MissJD, really, but ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Now there's some nationals inflation.
    Last edited by CassAgain; 12-29-2013 at 10:20 PM.

vCash
    195.55 is the score Peng/Zhang got in pairs: http://chnfs.org/wp-content/uploads/...5/CAT134RS.HTM

Huang/Zheng's score was 134.18: http://chnfs.org/wp-content/uploads/...5/CAT135RS.HTM

vCash
    Haha! Thanks Mrs. P, I corrected it! Perhaps I should sort my spreadsheet by discipline as well as country

vCash
    The 2 German dance teams have been nominated officially and * can be added. Here's the Dec. 18, 2013 press release: http://www.eislauf-union.de/DEU-Olym...view_news.html

Do we know whether or not Siobhan Heekin-Canedy has obtained UKR citizenship? Ditto Alisa Agafonova (TUR)?
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-29-2013 at 10:39 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    That would be taking Nationals inflation to a new level.

vCash
    Thanks Sylvia, I've added an asterisk to the German teams. I googled the citizenship issues, and this article says both have obtained citizenship (though I have no idea as to its credibility). http://www.snowalps.com/sport/figure...-danza-2013-12

vCash
    [QUOTE=nuge;4088698]
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    So Russian Nationals was interesting.
    Bobrova/Soloviev won,

I can't help feeling a bit sad that B/S if D/W V/M P/B retire after olympics are pretty much the new world champions
    That may not happen. Remember in 2006 when N/K & G/G retired after Turin many thought that Belbin/Agosto would win the Worlds but they only came third.
    If B/S deserve it & skate more like last season than this, then fine. But I have a feeling that IF D/W & V/M & P/B did not go to the Worlds the judges would be more open to who would get the Gold.
    Cappelini/Lanotte NEW WORLD CHAMPIONS !............................I like the sound of that !.

vCash
    [QUOTE=PashaFan;4091331]
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post

That may not happen. Remember in 2006 when N/K & G/G retired after Turin many thought that Belbin/Agosto would win the Worlds but they only came third.
    If B/S deserve it & skate more like last season than this, then fine. But I have a feeling that IF D/W & V/M & P/B did not go to the Worlds the judges would be more open to who would get the Gold.
    Cappelini/Lanotte NEW WORLD CHAMPIONS !............................I like the sound of that !.
    Or Weaver/Poje New World Champion. Sounds even better to me.

vCash
    Weaver/Poje are getting hyped like D/W & V/M.
    For me, when the two top couples retire I would like to see no single couple dominate like these two have over the past two years.
    If W/P are the best then fine but they don't have a right to it. No couple should.
    Cappelini/Lanotte are improving so much & Bobrova/Soloviev have a lot of improving to do. Also Ilinykh/Katsapalov are also natural future World Champions.
    I would love to see World titles change hands between 3 or 4 different couples in the next few years.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Marta24;4091332]
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post

Or Weaver/Poje New World Champion. Sounds even better to me.
    No I can't imagine C/L as WC sorry W/P definately.B/S yes if they have the right programmes.I want to see the rise of I/K the young french P/C and maybe one of the new Russian's S/Z S/B or M/K.Love the Russian dancer's.
    I agree Pashafan it would be nice to see the title change hands.

vCash
    I think if D/W and V/M retire, we won't see such a dominant rivalry for a long time. I/K have the talent to dominate the ice dance world, but they have to pull themselves together. Other couples that I'm going to watch out for are Paul/Islam and Hawayek/Baker. Paul/Islam seem so finally have found a way to show their talent in competition and I think training in DSC is really helping them. IMO, Hawayek/Baker have that certain something you can't get, regardless how many hours you train.

vCash
    [QUOTE=nuge;4091339]
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta24 View Post

No I can't imagine C/L as WC sorry W/P definately.B/S yes if they have the right programmes.I want to see the rise of I/K the young french P/C and maybe one of the new Russian's S/Z S/B or M/K.Love the Russian dancer's.
    I agree Pashafan it would be nice to see the title change hands.
    As much as I have loved watching D/W & V/M skate this past 5 years at the top I have felt like the result was already decided for the top two no matter how they or any other couple have skated. I would love to see a new era of Ice Dance start after Sochi. After Vancouver I had hoped for the same.
    But looking back after N/K retired after Turin we did have quite an open time. Den/Sta in 06' & 07' then Del/Sch in 08' then Dom/Sha in 09'.
    Getting back to Cappelini/Lanotte, I think on their day are amazing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta24 View Post
    I think if D/W and V/M retire, we won't see such a dominant rivalry for a long time. I/K have the talent to dominate the ice dance world, but they have to pull themselves together. Other couples that I'm going to watch out for are Paul/Islam and Hawayek/Baker. Paul/Islam seem so finally have found a way to show their talent in competition and I think training in DSC is really helping them. IMO, Hawayek/Baker have that certain something you can't get, regardless how many hours you train.
    North America have dominated Ice Dance for the past 5 years but European couples are coming back up there. I hope we get a good balance at the top.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Marta24;4091341. IMO, Hawayek/Baker have that certain something you can't get, regardless how many hours you train.[/QUOTE]

I've just checked these two out on YT as I've never seen them skate before.They are a beautiful team .Could you tell me their FD music please it sound's very familiar !

vCash
    I've just checked these two out on YT as I've never seen them skate before.They are a beautiful team .Could you tell me their FD music please it sound's very familiar !
    It's the Amelie soundtrack.

vCash
    There seems to be a curse on successful U.S. junior teams when they turn senior, especially teams really similar in height... Lichtman/Copely and now Aldridge/Eaton are struggling. I feel like over the next few Oly cycles we'll see fewer teams like Virtue/Moir and more teams like Chock/Bates as the sport keeps getting more acrobatic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    There seems to be a curse on successful U.S. junior teams when they turn senior, especially teams really similar in height... Lichtman/Copely and now Aldridge/Eaton are struggling. I feel like over the next few Oly cycles we'll see fewer teams like Virtue/Moir and more teams like Chock/Bates as the sport keeps getting more acrobatic.
    I hope not. Honestly, I don't know what to make of Chock/Bates. Last season it looked like they are close to Weaver/Poje, but at CoR they lost with a 10 points gap to W/P.

Banned Member
    vCash
    You know, besides Moir being expressive and mugging as if he is the only skater in the world with sex appeal, I find nothing all that outstanding about this ice dance team. Phony romantic themes with questionable skating every season, "peaking" for Worlds and Olympics.

Virtue and Moir are BORING.

Therefore, it makes me watch all the other teams more closely, and I realize that V/M are not THAT great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8Fan View Post
    You know, besides Moir being expressive and mugging as if he is the only skater in the world with sex appeal, I find nothing all that outstanding about this ice dance team. Phony romantic themes with questionable skating every season, "peaking" for Worlds and Olympics.

Virtue and Moir are BORING.

Therefore, it makes me watch all the other teams more closely, and I realize that V/M are not THAT great.
    Questionable skating? Well, they do make mistakes, but elements without mistakes are not all that great skating consists of. Otherwise a team like, say, Reeds would win over Virtue/Moir, Ilinykh/Katsalapov or Weaver/Poje when they make less mistakes than those teams (or other higher level teams). It's your problem that you don't understand where the quality/greatness in skating/ice dancing lies.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast