Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    There's an interview with Nathalie Pechalet over at ICE Network .
    They are reworking the SD to a more ballroom style with more closed holds .The first music section will be to Roxy to keep with the Fosse theme.Also Nathalie's dress was too SEXY
    I think that's a good idea - although they left it a bit late.

The SD was their weak spot - if they can improve that so they lead [for 3rd] or are very close, OBM looks very good for them.

vCash
    I'm really torn about who I want to win the Ice Dance event.
    C/L have such lovely programs but I feel I/K have more technical content.
    I wish both couples could win !.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    There's an interview with Nathalie Pechalet over at ICE Network .
    They are reworking the SD to a more ballroom style with more closed holds .The first music section will be to Roxy to keep with the Fosse theme.Also Nathalie's dress was too SEXY
    Good decision, I think. I've felt all along that this year's burlesque SD was too similar to last year's can-can SD. Doing essentially the same thing 2 years in a row looked unimaginative. And yes, a bit tawdry compared to the elegance of some of the other teams.

vCash
    Aaaand Cappellini/ Lanotte win Euros! Ilinykh/ Katsalapov win silver. And a well deserved bronze for Coomes/ Buckland!

C/L 48.49 + 53.54 = 102.03 (no deductions)- 171.61
    I/K 47.28 + 54.69 = 100.97 (-1 deduction) -- 170.51
    C/B 48.07 + 48.86 = 96.93 (no deductions) -- 158.69

And S/Z beat out R/T 153.73 to 150.44! So I guess they're Russia's #3 now? Do we know when it'll be announced?

There were SO many random falls (including Ilinykh) and long lift deductions! Hope everyone gets it together!

As for Nat and Fab, I can't wait to see the new version of their SD. I was in love with the original, but I agree that they needed to change it if the judges didn't like it. I really want them to get that OBM. As for Nat's dress, I thought she was rocking it! I don't think any of the other ice dance ladies could do it! Well, actually both SD dresses, and I was kinda hoping there would be a new more scandalous version!

vCash
    Delighted for C/L but gutted for I/K.
    To lose a European title like that must have been awful.
    Penny & Nick should be so proud after everything they have been through.
    C/J just fell apart towards the end of their FD, such a shame.
    S/Z the new Russian couple really impressed me too.

vCash
    Hooray for Capellini & Lanotte! I'm so thrilled that they won the gold at Europeans!

vCash
    Protocols:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/ec..._SD_Scores.pdf

http://www.isuresults.com/results/ec..._FD_Scores.pdf

Though I was obviously voting for Lena and Nikita, I am very, very happy for Anna and Luca. They have improved so much over the last few years, and I think they are the most charismatic team in the world. I can't believe how much more at ease Anna looks on her blades--I can't even imagine the number of hours that went into that. I really notice the difference in their step sequences. And everything is looking so much smoother.

I too am gutted for Lena and Nikita...better here than at Olympics, I guess. I am anticipating a HUGE crowd response if they skate that FD the way I know they can. Does anyone have any pics of them working with Diana Vishneva? I haven't been able to find any, and it would be really cool to see.

I was really surprised at C&B's bronze. I have a lot of respect for them for overcoming so much, but I hope they work a lot more on their basic stroking technique, just smooth things out...some of their strokes look a bit choppy and I want to see greater use of their edges. and I know Yevgeny now has them doing ballet on a more regular basis so I hope to see their dancing develop over the next few years. They have the charisma, and I want to see them take their dancing to the next level.

I think we will see an exciting rivalry between S&Z, S&B, and M&K in the future. The depth in Russian ice dance right now is really something.

P&C just need time.

I was also curious what you all (well, those of you who caught Finlandia Trophy) thought of Torn and Partanen? I think they have a bright future and I would love to see a Finnish dance team back up there.

and which other teams caught your eye?

vCash
    Well, from Europeans I really enjoyed Guignard/ Fabbri (R&J) and Tobais/ Stagniunas's (James Bond) FDs. Honestly I hadn't paid either team much attention this season. Hurtado and Diaz are growing on me. I thought their Picaso FD was much better here than the last time I saw it (can't even remember which competition, haha). I personally think M/K have a long way to go, and I'm not into either of the French teams (C/J, P/C). I haven't seen Torn/Partanen, but I'll check them out.

vCash
    Omg, how could i foget to mention Hurtado&Diaz? One of my favourite teams right now. Loved their performance of their Picasso FD here. That is one of my favourite FDs this season.

I agree, MK have a long way to go but i think they have potential. Of course, i am hoping Lena and Nikita can get things together very soon and be a top team allowing the teams below them to flourish.

I look forward to hearing what you all think of Torn&Partanen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    I too am gutted for Lena and Nikita...better here than at Olympics, I guess. I am anticipating a HUGE crowd response if they skate that FD the way I know they can. Does anyone have any pics of them working with Diana Vishneva? I haven't been able to find any, and it would be really cool to see.
    In a recent interview, Lena said they did not get the chance to work with Vishneva due to a scheduling conflict. She said they worked with someone from the Bolshoi, but did not name the person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    I was also curious what you all (well, those of you who caught Finlandia Trophy) thought of Torn and Partanen? I think they have a bright future and I would love to see a Finnish dance team back up there....
    I found a video of their SD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFCPNCcP5dI

He seems really dancy. To my eye, he seems a bit stronger than she at present.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fialka88 View Post
    In a recent interview, Lena said they did not get the chance to work with Vishneva due to a scheduling conflict. She said they worked with someone from the Bolshoi, but did not name the person.
    Ah, thank you Fialka88! I missed that interview. I wonder who they worked with.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    I found a video of their SD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFCPNCcP5dI

He seems really dancy. To my eye, he seems a bit stronger than she at present.
    Yes, i agree. She was a singles skater and only recently switched to ice dance. I really like their basics and am impressed at how good they look for a team that has been together for such a short time. And yes, it is nice to see ice dancers who dance--it is something we see less of due to the demands of the new system. But i see more and more teams prioritizing dance, and it makes me so happy

vCash
    Can't find G/P thread so will ask here. Has anyone downloaded 4CC SD for G/P?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    Can't find G/P thread so will ask here. Has anyone downloaded 4CC SD for G/P?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlj9...re=c4-overview

vCash
    Thanks pani. I like this SD. I certainly think that Canada has great hope in future after T/S retire. Lots of very promising young couples.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415