Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyskater View Post
    I think IK had the free dance of the TEB competition and should have placed above VM. I think Olympic Silver is slipping away from the Canadians . . . not because of any reason other than other teams are simply catching up both technically and artistically.
    Will either D/W or V/M stay around after the Olympics?.
    I know this sound harsh but I hope they don't. Not because I don't like watching them but no other couple has had any chance of major silver or gold for four years & I would like to see other couples shine.
    It's been an amazing four years but I would like something new now.
    C/L, I/K, W/P & B/S have worked so hard I would really love to seem them fighting for Gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    Will either D/W or V/M stay around after the Olympics?.
    I know this sound harsh but I hope they don't. Not because I don't like watching them but no other couple has had any chance of major silver or gold for four years & I would like to see other couples shine.
    It's been an amazing four years but I would like something new now.
    C/L, I/K, W/P & B/S have worked so hard I would really love to seem them fighting for Gold.
    None of them will be fighting for gold, as Cizeron's name is already on the that medal

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    This is why I started this thread. I would go into the V/M & D/W threads & feel like I could not say anything that was not total praise. I like both couples but they don't skate perfect every time. No one does.
    & Hey ! stop the Pasha hate. Yes, she was off her rocker but she made Ice Dance interesting !.
    Ha, not hating on Pasha at all. I ****in' love Pasha.

vCash
    I've been catching up on all of the galas, and Nelli and Alexander have already won the Best GP Gala Performance award. I could watch this on replay for hours!! Enjoy
    Skate Canada -Zombies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyskater View Post
    I think IK had the free dance of the TEB competition and should have placed above VM. I think Olympic Silver is slipping away from the Canadians . . . not because of any reason other than other teams are simply catching up both technically and artistically.
    Eh, even Maxim Staviski said that there are not enough transitions and changes of hand holds in Ilinykh/Katsalapov's FD. Don't tell me that he said it because they are rivals of Bobrova/Soloviev whom he coaches together with Zhulin. Actually, he was quite supportive of I/K at Cup of China in that situation of them vs. Shibutanis. I am not an expert for sure, but I must agree with him in this case - and I am not the only one to say that. Besides, they really skate far apart from each other. There may not be a lot of choreography in V/M's current FD, but at least the connecting steps, changes of holds and the close skating are still very much present in it. So, I/K's FD in itself and also their execution of it can't be marked higher than V/M's FD, as the level of difficulty is still quite different even despite I/K's more spectacular lifts.

vCash
    I/K said after TEB that they are planning to add more to the choreography of the FD before Russian Nationals. The aim on the GP was to get the elements down and performed as well as possible, and now they want to "fill in the gaps" in the program before the 2nd half of the season.

vCash
    I just browsed the "Have Nathalie & Fabian lost too much ground" thread.
    I can't believe how many people are trashing them. Why ?. Okay, if you love W/P then support W/P don't trash other couples. I knew this would happen.
    One event when they lost a Silver by one point & over night their season is over !. It's so sad what people say.
    I love Fabian & Nathalie & really want them to win a medal in Sochi but that does not mean I'm going to slate W/P or C/L or the Shibs. Because I love ALL Ice Dance.
    Let's face it V/M did not skate their best at TEB either but does that mean their over ?. No !.
    I want this thread to be about enjoying Ice Dance & all couples.
    No hate please.

vCash
    Can't wait to see W/P at CoR. Hope they do really well and make t to GPF. I really enjoyed P/B and thought they deserved to get silver. I think their overall skating skills superior to I/K
    Last edited by girlscouse62; 11-20-2013 at 12:42 AM. Reason: forgot P/B

vCash
    Me too. And I hope for a good showing from G/P as well. Won't Nationals be a treat?

vCash
    I so wanted to go toCanNats this season, but too expensive to travel from BC

vCash
    My heart breaks for Nathalie and Fabian. I hoped they would get silver at their last TEB. I am not really feeling their programs yet though. I much preferred I/K overall performance but I am not sure their skating skills are strong enough to deserve such high marks. I hope W/P can spice up their tango a little bit. They have lovely music but the choreography is a bit too tame for my taste

vCash
    D/W & V/M are exactly top. I love W/P (Canada) and Zhiganshina & Gazsi(Germany) as well !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stupsi View Post
    I love W/P (Canada) and Zhiganshina & Gazsi(Germany) as well !
    I wish they had kept last year's FD. I can't remember the last time I have seen such an original dance program

vCash
    Hi Dolore.

Thank your for your reply.

Yes, I hope it, too.
    Just as my opinion, it's not sure if they can stand on the podium in Sotchi.
    But their Dance are "One and Only!".

I wish super performances of Nathalie and Fabian (perhaps last season for them ? not sure...) in Sotchi, too.
    Last edited by stupsi; 11-20-2013 at 01:13 PM.

vCash
    Cup of Russia should be really interesting this weekend. B/S have to step up from the COC just like C/B. W/P were fantastic at home in Canada.
    I did not get B/S choice of programs in China but maybe that was because I'm so pro-P/B. Up against W/P (Who I really admire like the Shibs but don't excite me like some others) it will be close between them.
    I feel that B/S have taken one step back this season with their choreography. Last season both their SD & FD was something new & fresh from them. This season the programs (More the FD) are quite old fashioned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolore View Post
    I hope W/P can spice up their tango a little bit. They have lovely music but the choreography is a bit too tame for my taste
    It's not so much the choreo, although, that too could try to translate more tango into the ice. To me, it's their lack of technique what's the problem. The back should be more rigid, their necks should be more tensed (to get the "cabeceo" right and there's a clear problem at the end of the leg extension, it's not aggressive enough. It's not kicking for the sake of kicking, it has to be violent, yet controlled. I do not see control. To be honest, it looked improvised. W-P have improved a lot, but to do a tango, you have to practice A LOT on the floor to get it right. I'm not seeing good elbow lines either. The have great chemistry, but there's more to tango than that. Anjelika was a master at tango, we know this.

vCash
    Can I just pop into this thread for a second to scream?

Just because you have a favorite doesn't mean that every other team out there is terrible and "not even ice dancing". Just because your favorite isn't winning by a massive landslide doesn't mean the scoring system is udder crap. Especially when you aren't even comparing scores from the same competition!

And there is more to ice dancing than D/W and V/M!

I wish I could just not read all the crap, but I go through FSU using "what's new" and I haven't found a way to block entire threads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post

Just because you have a favorite doesn't mean that every other team out there is terrible and "not even ice dancing". Just because your favorite isn't winning by a massive landslide doesn't mean the scoring system is udder crap. Especially when you aren't even comparing scores from the same competition!

I wish I could just not read all the crap, but I go through FSU using "what's new" and I haven't found a way to block entire threads.
    That's why I started this thread.
    If you are even slightly critical of V/M or D/W you get jumped on. W/P threads are also like that now.
    I like all three couples but sometimes enjoy others more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post

You can! Subscribe to this thread, and any other threads you like to see. Then instead, of clicking on New Posts, click on Settings-only your Subscribed threads with new posts show up. Warning-if you posted in a thread you don't want to see, you may have to Unsubscribe.

I find this very handy for looking at just the stuff I am interested in.

But I am so thrilled that Z&G's TEB showing was so much better than their Skate Canada showing. I love G&P's Hitchcock & can't wait to see it again this weekend, and I can't wait to see W&P's 42nd Street SD.

I do wonder exactly what music and program Bobrova & Soloviev are going to be skating to this weekend.

COR is going to be very interesting.
    thanks for a general ice dance thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    You can! Subscribe to this thread, and any other threads you like to see. Then instead, of clicking on New Posts, click on Settings-only your Subscribed threads with new posts show up. Warning-if you posted in a thread you don't want to see, you may have to Unsubscribe.

I find this very handy for looking at just the stuff I am interested in.

But I am so thrilled that Z&G's TEB showing was so much better than their Skate Canada showing. I love G&P's Hitchcock & can't wait to see it again this weekend, and I can't wait to see W&P's 42nd Street SD.

I do wonder exactly what music and program Bobrova & Soloviev are going to be skating to this weekend.

COR is going to be very interesting.
    thanks for a general ice dance thread.
    I love Z/G. It's great they are getting the credit for their skating this year.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast