Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieC View Post
    Can somebody tell me what subscribing means on Youtube? Do they send you emails or something when a new video is posted? I'm only asking because lately I seem to be getting more junk on my favourite email address and I don't want to change it.
    You can change your settings on Youtube to make sure you don't get any emails. It just means any new videos will pop up in your "subscriptions" box on your Youtube homepage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieC View Post
    Can somebody tell me what subscribing means on Youtube? Do they send you emails or something when a new video is posted? I'm only asking because lately I seem to be getting more junk on my favourite email address and I don't want to change it.
    I might get an update occaisionally, but I have found it just makes it easier to find your favourite channels because they go into a list.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I subscribed!

One of FSUer posted a thread on this topic in Korean Skating Forum and many subscribed.
    Wish you good luck!
    This too will pass away.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Done!
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    I subscribed!

The counter said 470. Is that correct?

vCash
    It only updates the counter sporadically.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Subscribed.

I hope you get all the subscribers you need and have a great event!

vCash
    We are up to 496 - nearly half way there.

Thanks everyone - much appreciated

vCash
    526 - over half way there

vCash
    Over half way!!!!!! In just a few days!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!!

If we make it, I'll bring my laptop to the rink every day of Nationals for all the young skaters to watch!

vCash
    Subscribed myself and, accidentally, my husband. I told him he is fighting a good fight and he should not be surprised.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Subscribed myself and, accidentally, my husband. I told him he is fighting a good fight and he should not be surprised.
    I just repd you for that.

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Hop View Post
    Statisticslly it's probably true, but if you stay in the cities you're unlikely to encounter many/any of them. I've only seen a venomous spider once, never seen a snake or had a close encounter with a water borne menace. The threat is exagerated.
    I don't know...my friend from Oz swears that all manner of garish creature can show up in your typical back yard.
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Probably true, but there's a fairly simple rule to follow and nothing will happen: leave them alone and they'll leave you alone. 95% of people bitten by snakes in Australia every year were trying to pick up or kill the snake.
    Some gourmands of snark would say that this is just a case of natural selection working as intended (idiocy being removed from the human gene pool)...

vCash
    I subscribed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeye View Post
    Some gourmands of snark would say that this is just a case of natural selection working as intended (idiocy being removed from the human gene pool)...
    I am going to try and remember that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Hop View Post
    Statisticslly it's probably true, but if you stay in the cities you're unlikely to encounter many/any of them. I've only seen a venomous spider once, never seen a snake or had a close encounter with a water borne menace. The threat is exagerated.
    I have seen one snake in the 29 years I have lived here. Red back spiders were pretty common where I grew up, but I don't know of anyone who has actually been bitten by one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post
    I have seen one snake in the 29 years I have lived here. Red back spiders were pretty common where I grew up, but I don't know of anyone who has actually been bitten by one.
    Someone at work just told us yesterday about a guy who was bitten on the neck. It affected the whole right side of his face so that it looked like he had a stroke.

I have seen a few snakes over my time and also get redbacks around my yard. We get reports of snakes at work.

Oh and major update: We might have got enough subcriptions to run the event via Youtube. An email update from the person organising it said it looked like the requirement for numbers had dropped. Will keep you posted. However thanks to everyone who has subscribed and please keep subscribing till I can confirm that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    We might have got enough subcriptions to run the event via Youtube. An email update from the person organising it said it looked like the requirement for numbers had dropped. Will keep you posted. However thanks to everyone who has subscribed and please keep subscribing till I can confirm that.
    That would be great. I subscribed as myself and under the youtube channel I use to post skating vids -just for good measure.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I so hope this works -- I've loved O'Brian/Merriman since I first saw them in 2008, and Olympic spots are on the line.

There's a nice interview with Brooklee Han from December 2012 on the channel.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    subscribed. sitting at 626.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast