Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I know I keep posting things, but I can't seem to help myself.

This has to be the sweetest thing ever (Alexandra posted the same photo)...

https://twitter.com/mitchislam/statu.../photo/1/large

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    I know I keep posting things, but I can't seem to help myself.

This has to be the sweetest thing ever (Alexandra posted the same photo)...

https://twitter.com/mitchislam/statu.../photo/1/large
    Those a beautiful rings. Kaitlyn and Andrew have the same ones.
    I'm still on a high from this weekend. I've watched their FD at least 20 times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta24 View Post
    Those a beautiful rings. Kaitlyn and Andrew have the same ones.
    I'm still on a high from this weekend. I've watched their FD at least 20 times.
    Same here!

vCash
    Congrats to them!! hope they have a fantastic time in Sochi.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    http://www.rogerstv.com/page.aspx?li...769&gid=124521

Not sure how many of you can see this, but it's an interview with P/I from yesterday from a local TV station in Ontario (where they're from). I saw it on TV yesterday. Enjoy!

vCash
    Just saw Euro dance marks. C/L won with 102.23 forFD. 171 overall. Gives whole new perspective for P/I's chances if they skate as well as they did at Nats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    Just saw Euro dance marks. C/L won with 102.23 forFD. 171 overall. Gives whole new perspective for P/I's chances if they skate as well as they did at Nats.
    With all due respect you cant take Nationals scores seriously. If we were to do that Weaver & Poje would be a lock for the Olympic bronze unless they fall three times, but we know sadly that is not the case.

vCash
    Has this video of the free dance been posted yet? It was just posted two hours ago by someone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgHpanAqkBc.

And the short dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNbo5ptrdZw

Hopefully they won't be removed.

vCash
    Congrats to Paul and Islam for making it to Sochi. Their dancing is very elegant.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Thank you for posting those, geoskate I've been looking for them on YT without success. The lines and unison are to die for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I actually think they should be contending for a medal but I don't think it will happen due to reputation. They were incredible at nationals and as much as I adore Kaitlyn and Andrew, I think Alex and Mitch should have finished second. Their edge control, posture, line, unison, the detail of their movement and those lifts! I think it was skatingfan04 who had mentioned a couple seasons ago that they are one of the best lifting teams in the world right now and I totally agree. Alex practically self-levitates and she is able to hold her positions without looking strained. I was practically jumping up and down at the conclusion of their free dance and all I could say was "wow". I think in order to make a bigger impact they have to push the performance right out to the top rows, and who better to help them with this than Anjelika who is, imo, unsurpassed in her ability to project emotion.

I love the group of P&I, W&P, and H&D at DSC. Three very talented teams who can push each other and learn from each other. I am so excited to see them all develop in the next few years (fingers crossed that they all stay in)

vCash
    I am so thrilled and pleased that Alex and Mitch are our 3rd couple going. Guess the "No Matter What" held them in good stead this season -- especially when they needed to be solid and qualify for Sochi.

I too am looking forward to seeing how W/P and P/I push each other over the next few years -- at least I am hoping that W/P stick around for a few years.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I'm so happy that P/I finally could show all their talent in a competition. I think, if they develop the way they did in the last two years, they could be contenders for the OGM in 2018. My guess is, that the Olympic title in Pyeongchang will be between them and Ilinykh/Katsalapov. Right now,I don't see an US team that could be a contender for the OGM in 2018.

vCash
    BKF, always such a pleasure to read your astute, knowledgeable posts. Thanks so much

vCash
    Love this team, especially how they have such great basic skating skills. Deep, smooth edges, speed, ice coverage, control in the lifts, elegance. I also have to say that I saw clips of them in K&C and holy moly does Angelika Krylova ever age? She looks so beautiful still.

vCash
    I don't know if you have already read them, but here are two articles about Alexandra and Mitch:

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/201...mpics-in-sochi
    http://www.simcoe.com/news-story/431...dy-for-russia/

vCash
    girlscouse62, you are very kind. I really enjoy reading your posts, too (and your thread titles!)

and thank you for the articles, Marta24, and the links, skatingfan04 and geoskate.

Quote Originally Posted by canbelto View Post
    Love this team, especially how they have such great basic skating skills. Deep, smooth edges, speed, ice coverage, control in the lifts, elegance. I also have to say that I saw clips of them in K&C and holy moly does Angelika Krylova ever age? She looks so beautiful still.
    Like a fine wine, she just gets better with age. She is absolutely stunning. I kept staring at her when the ice dancers were getting ready to take the ice in practice because she is just so beautiful and I was a huge fan of KO's skating (one of the greatest ice dance teams of all time, imo). I am thrilled that she is finding success as a coach, and I really enjoy seeing her interact with her own students and other skaters.

aka_gerbil posted videos of the medal ceremony in the V&M thread:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4126205

I would like to upload my pics for you but I have no idea how to put pictures or videos on the internet. I have seen some people using flickr--is that easy to use (for someone so tech-unsavvy as me, who can barely figure out email)?

vCash
    Funny...Mitch being into hockey. I expect him and Andrew and Scott will be attending a game if they get the chance. Nice to see them getting some mentoring from Tessa and Scott.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Paul & Islam have a great shot at the 2018 Olympic Gold. I wonder what will be their first year to win the Canadian title. I would guess 2017. I see Weaver & Poje being allowed a 2 year run at #1 before being overtaken by P&I in the pre Olympic season.

vCash
    Thanks Bournekraatzfan for the link to the medal ceremony! It was just delightful. So nice to see all three teams being genuinely happy for one another. Canada sure is sending an excellent set of ice dancers to Sochi!!

On a completely random note, does anyone know if the ISU has stated which compulsory dance rhythm will be used for the SD next season? I'm just curious!
    Last edited by skatingfan04; 01-24-2014 at 04:56 AM.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast