Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    I am delighted for this team, I think they are true dancers and it really shows. Has it been confirmed they are going to Sochi?
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    I am incredibly pleased with the outcome. I've been waiting so long for P/I to finally make their mark and skate superbly when it counts. Congrats to them. They were wonderful, smooth, fast, light, and lines to die for. Like Tessa Alex has a lovely back and arms...very graceful.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    skatingfan04.... our faith has been vindicated !
    Pratfall, there were times when it seemed like there were only a few of us who had any left. I guess we were right!

Thanks to everyone who was at the event for the first hand accounts, and thank you to whomever posted the videos. As of yet, the official Olympic team announcement has not been made. I believe it should come out within the next three hours. I'll try and post it when it does.

It's a shame we'll have to wait so long for the gala. I also would have loved to see the medal ceremony, as my three favourite ice dance teams of all time were part of it , but oh well. I guess we'll just have to make up for it by watching them in Sochi!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I am delighted for this team, I think they are true dancers and it really shows. Has it been confirmed they are going to Sochi?
    Of course they are going. What would their basis for sending Gilles & Poirier to Sochi after being beaten soundly at Nationals by Paul & Islam. The stunning season of Gilles & Poirier, LOL!

vCash
    I, for one, an just glad that the judging was fair this year. That's all I ask from a competition.

I found a really short clip from the press interview after the FD. It's really short, but all three teams are there. P/I look so happy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCVFz...ature=youtu.be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    I, for one, an just glad that the judging was fair this year. That's all I ask from a competition.

I found a really short clip from the press interview after the FD. It's really short, but all three teams are there. P/I look so happy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCVFz...ature=youtu.be
    Thank u for that! Wow they are so emotional, brought tears to my eyes. I'm just so absolutely thrilled for them, they deserve it so much. I hope they enjoy every moment.

Also love Kaitlyn saying she and Andrew wanna be on that podium, beside Tessa and Scott. I so want that too. Ah what a team!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Of course they are going. What would their basis for sending Gilles & Poirier to Sochi after being beaten soundly at Nationals by Paul & Islam. The stunning season of Gilles & Poirier, LOL!
    Well... I just wanted to make sure, there have been uncertainties in other countries and I couldn't find confirmation of the team. I think P/I should go 100%.
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    So thrilled for Paul and Islam. They were absolutely exquisite in both programs! Love her new red dress for the FD as well (though I wish Mitch was in all black or all grey).

One thing that really stood out to me seeing G/P and P/I live is how much faster P/I were and with more flow, especially in the two footwork sequences. G/P as much as I liked their FD because it was something different, just seemed a bit slow and jerky to me. There was almost too much stopping and gimmicky stuff rather than actual dancing.

Alexandra almost gave me a heart attack though with the twizzles because she missed them in warmup.

Hope they have a great time in Sochi (and at Worlds!)!

vCash
    Well... I just wanted to make sure, there have been uncertainties in other countries and I couldn't find confirmation of the team. I think P/I should go 100%.
    I will be beyond pissed if P/I aren't named to the team! They had better marks internationally than G/P this season and G/P didn't exactly light it up at Worlds last year!

vCash
    Fair enough.

There is not reason for P/I not to go. It's actually worth pointing out that G/P had their lowest scoring FD at Nationals yet and this is without a doubt their best FD.

vCash
    So thrilled for P/I - I hope there will be no screwing around by Skate Canada, and that will be in Sochi!

vCash
    Besides their international scores were very similar. G/P have the better SD score and P/I have the better FD score, so there's no reason to give the spot to G/P, especially since P/I beat them so convincingly. If the Canadian judges wanted to give the spot to G/P they could have done so by giving them higher PCS, but even in that department Alex&Mitch beat them in both segments.

I always had the feeling,that the Canadian federation would support Alex and Mitch, if they would pull it together and they finally did.

vCash
    I'm not worried about the Olympic team announcement. I've been watching Canadian nationals for a really long time, and I can't think of a time when the team hasn't consisted of the medalists from the national championships. And believe me, there have been instances where skaters with a much higher international standing than P/I have had bad skates at nationals and have been left behind as a result (remember Moore-Towers and Moscovitch a few years ago?). If anything, P/I have outscored G/P this season. There's no denying that the teams are close to one another, but nationals was the tie breaker, and P/I won it convincingly. Lets just sit back, relax, and wait for the photos of P/I in their team jackets.

A nice article from Skate Canada...
    http://skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDetails/tabid/2157/sni[2797]/3176/language/en-US/Default.aspx

And this interview (nos sure if it's geoblocked outside of Canada):
    http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/Default.a...section=Sports

By the way, I think we all owe ourselves a pat on the back. We sure picked an appropriate thread title, didn't we
    Last edited by skatingfan04; 01-12-2014 at 04:43 PM.

vCash
    Sad for Piper/Paul, they looked so disappointed. But I guess someone always does. Perhaps like W/P, this will give them that extra motivation for 2018. I wonder if Canada can hold onto a third spot after V/M retire? If W/P continue, I guess that question may be answered by the likes of P/I and G/P, or perhaps others too.

vCash
    I believe the announcement ceremony is currently underway in Ottawa, but this article was posted on the Canadian Olympic Committee website today.

http://olympic.ca/2014/01/12/chan-vi...ters-to-sochi/

Time to pop the champagne, guys!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    They have been officially announced!

I have to say Canada has a beautiful Ice Dance team: Tessa&Scott, Kaitlyn&Andrew, Alexandra&Mitch

vCash
    Darn, it turns out CBC was streaming the announcement ceremony the whole time. I only caught the last two minutes. If anyone finds a video, please share! I'd love to see the whole thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Darn, it turns out CBC was streaming the announcement ceremony the whole time. I only caught the last two minutes. If anyone finds a video, please share! I'd love to see the whole thing.
    Here we are...

http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/?collection=72&show=273076

vCash
    Just a few more tidbits for everyone...

The official Skate Canada announcement, along with a Vimeo vid featuring the entire Olympic team announcement:

http://skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDetails/tabid/2157/sni[2797]/3177/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Also, Alex and Mitch's bio pages have been put up on the Canadian Olympic Committee website (Yay!)

http://olympic.ca/team-canada/alexandra-paul/

http://olympic.ca/team-canada/mitchell-islam/

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast