Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    In the interest of making a suggestion that completely off in left field, what do you think of Bollywood as a potential FD style? I know that Bollywood is tricky on ice because the style relies on quite a bit of movement that remains stationary when performed on the floor, but I am by no means educated on the style, so I'd love to learn more. I know that Davis/White did it quire successfully in 2010, but I wonder if that style could truly be maintained for a full 4 minute program. If it were somehow possible, I'd love to see P/I try that. I know that a lot of the movements involve intricate, quick changes in hand and feet positions, but P/I are quite brilliant when it comes to having polish and attention to detail in their hands and free legs, so I could see it working for them. Performace wise, Bollywood is usually quite playful, something that P/I are also good at (from what I've seen). It would definately create an opportunity for the use of some unique, stylized lifts. Realistically, it would probably work better as a gala program though. Still, I'd love to see it!
    I know that you were not asking me, but that would be interesting. The American out of juniors team Aldridge/Eaton (coached by Krylova and Camerlengo too, by the way) did that last season, though - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQyNVIYaX90 . That's also an answer to your question whether a 4 minute Bollywood style program can be done. Paul/Islam certainly have better lines and technique, but I wonder if it would be a good idea to repeat such a distinct style that a slightly lesser team coached by the same coaches did just the previous season.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 07-18-2014 at 12:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    I know that you were not asking me, but that would be interesting. The American out of juniors team Aldridge/Eaton (coached by Krylova and Camerlengo too, by the way) did that last season, though - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQyNVIYaX90 . That's also an answer to your question whether a 4 minute Bollywood style program can be done. Paul/Islam certainly have better lines and technique, but I wonder if it would be a good idea to repeat such a distinct style that a slightly lesser team coached by the same coaches did just the previous season.
    Thanks for the reply! I meant to pose the idea to the entire forum, actually!

I hadn't thought of Aldridge/Eaton. I just gave the program a watch, and I have to say, I liked it. The theme was really nicely maintained throughout all of the elements (I especially liked how they kept it going with their hands while in hold), and they managed not to stay static for too long. My only criticism here is that the hand movements were getting sloppy as the program went on, and they looked a bit stiff at times, but A/E are of course a younger team with less experience as seniors (they look like a lovely team, BTW. Thanks for directing me to them). As you said, I doubt P/I would have either problem if they were to do it. I guess it is a doable style for the FD. It could be a cool idea for P/I in the future (you have a point about it perhaps not being the best idea for them to do right away after A/E)!

vCash
    Well, if we're going to be accurate, P/I have already done Bollywood.

Thinking back to this season, if they did go for blues, what sort of music would you want? Because this is one genre where there are really a few very different style directions a couple could go simply starting with music.

vCash
    [QUOTE=lavenderblue;4293592]Well, if we're going to be accurate, P/I have already done Bollywood. [QUOTE]

OMG I had COMPLETELY forgotten about that!

vCash
    A cute interview with P/I from The Skate Guard Blog!

http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca/2014/...and-mitch.html

No info about their new programs (argh!) but a great read nonetheless!

vCash
    A nice throwback to P/I's first season together from Alex's Instagram:

http://instagram.com/p/q2BncGpFAc/

(Looks like we may have been right about the Flamenco

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617