Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Any reports on Madison's injury? I am hoping it was minor and all she needed was some rest.

vCash
    Just what Zach needs! Another kitty! I know he has one, Madi has one also! and Madi is resting but still training

vCash
    Great Article and Blog by Madison Hubbell. I hope she heals quickly and shows the world that she is one of the top ice dancing women in the world. Sounds like they have a strong partnership and isn't it great that Zach is so strong for her, when she needed it the most. IceNetwork http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2013/12/03/64354274
    Last edited by keep n spin n; 12-04-2013 at 05:44 AM.

vCash
    I am so impressed with Madison and her positive outlook! I had no idea her hip pain was that bad and bless her (and Zach) for being so strong through it all. I have been rooting for them for a while now and am looking forward to seeing them at Nationals. Really hoping they make the Olympic team, I would love to see their programs at the games. Whatever happens I wish them nothing but the best, they are a wonderful ice dance team and I really love their connection and support for one another.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    I'm not happy that she was in pain, but I am happy to hear that there was a reason for their weak performance and I look forward to a real show down at Nationals.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Another skater with a torn labrum. She will have surgery after the Olympics. It's too close to have surgery before the Olympics, but the pain level can be managed in the short term. They will try to make the team and then have the surgery as soon as the season is over. Then she will have four more years to get back into Olympic shape.

vCash
    Poor girl, I didn't realize the pain was that severe! I hope she's getting the rest she needs to be ready for Nationals (and I'm hoping the Olympics).

Glad to hear she has such great support around her.

vCash
    Wow, Madison is a very gutsy lady. I hope that her injury doesn't flare up and that she can compete strongly at Nationals. I REALLY want these 2 on the Olympic team. I love their programs this year.

On another note, what is up with all these labrum injuries? I can understand it with the other disciplines because of all the jumps. But what would cause it in Dance? The spread eagle positions or the stupid "haircutter, grab your blades" moves?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Another skater with a torn labrum. She will have surgery after the Olympics. It's too close to have surgery before the Olympics, but the pain level can be managed in the short term. They will try to make the team and then have the surgery as soon as the season is over. Then she will have four more years to get back into Olympic shape.
    Is surgery always required for this injury?

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    It's amazing how much they've accomplished and what high scores they've gotten this season even with such little training and Madison in such pain. Now that the pain appears manageable and they're actually training again, just imagine how good they'll look at Nats.

vCash
    Madi is doing fine now! And she may or may not have a new short program dress =)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blancanieves View Post
    No, there are other options in treating this injury. It depends on the area and the severity. I am sure Madi will weigh every option, and it seems avoiding surgery, if at all possible would be the route to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    Madi is doing fine now! And she may or may not have a new short program dress =)
    Glad to hear she is doing better. I just love this team to pieces! However, I hope she doesn't have a new dress because I have a gift to give her at nationals and it involves that blue and white dress. Phooey!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kiss-n-cry View Post
    Glad to hear she is doing better. I just love this team to pieces! However, I hope she doesn't have a new dress because I have a gift to give her at nationals and it involves that blue and white dress. Phooey!
    For what is worth, I love the blue dress. I'm sure Madi will enjoy your present regardless. Maybe I'll get to see it too, in the arena! I'm so excited to see H/D, and hope they'll be in good health and spirits to really show off the depth of their talent

vCash
    For what is worth, I love the blue dress. I'm sure Madi will enjoy your present regardless. Maybe I'll get to see it too, in the arena!
    Yes, I am going to give it to her anyway, since I don't know what the possible new dress looks like. I hope she does love it, regardless. I plan to toss it onto the ice after their short dance. Five weeks away!! I can't wait to be there and see them in person.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    It's debatable. Depends on how much you are willing to overcompensate by limiting your movement and if you can deal with pain (varying levels of pain depending on movement.) Once the cartilage (labrum) is torn, it does not repair itself. The labrum must be stitched back together and the offending bone shaved down to prevent further tearing. There's no other way to fix a tear. I don't think that's something a very active athlete would want to deal with for too long. This is why I guessed that Madi will have surgery immediately following the season.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    As a holiday gift to their fans, Madison and Zach have launched a new website at:

http://www.hubbell-donohue.com

Check it out and feel free to offer your suggestions here on what you'd like to see included in the page.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    it's such a nice site, i love their love for kittens!
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    As a holiday gift to their fans, Madison and Zach have launched a new website at:

http://www.hubbell-donohue.com

Check it out and feel free to offer your suggestions here on what you'd like to see included in the page.
    Great site! I'm excited to see them skate at Nationals. Dance should be a good competition this year!

vCash
    Love the new website! I got to see them at Skate America and can't wait to see them in Boston!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast