vCash

The threads are not showing all the pages

Hello,

When I try to read that Rosie di Manno thread about skinny female skaters, I only have acces to the first page. Even if I click the last page or poster, it always goes to page 1. Is there some witch in my computer protecting me from reading that trainwreck thread or what happens? I dont have the same problem with other threads.

I am a computer moron, so it is likely that I have messed up something.

vCash
    I'm having the same problem with that thread
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

vCash
    I've been having the same problem, it's also happening with the thread about the Rosie DiManno article on Kaetlyn Osmond. Maybe the board's as much a fan of her writing as everyone else seems to be!

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    How odd, will get Server Guy to look.

For his ref - Here is a 'problem' thread.....

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...pretty-DiManno
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    How odd, will get Server Guy to look.

For his ref - Here is a 'problem' thread.....

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...pretty-DiManno
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Administrator
    vCash
    Very odd. Is the problem preventing you from pages other than 1? I see 4 pages on that thread and I've just clicked through all 4 and can verify the replies on each page are different (so it's a different page).

What operating system and browser are you using?

Could try the following, might be an issue with your cookies and cache. Try emptying your cache and deleting your cookies (specifically FSU ones). If you tell me your browser/OS, I can give you steps on how to do it.

vCash
    I've just deleted my cookies and cache and it's still only showing the first page of the thread. I've tried clicking on the numbers of the pages as well as the "last" button but it just reloads the first page. I'm using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 10 (I think; I'm pretty useless at computer stuff!). I still think the board has something against Rosie DiManno...

vCash
    I still have the same problem, but only with that one DiManno thread. So never mind.

Administrator
    vCash

The threads are not showing all the pages

Ah Internet explorer doesn't play nice with vBulletin. Any chance you could try a browser like Google Chrome?

vCash
    I am using Windows 7, IE 10 and also have that problem with the DiManno thread. No problem accessing pages on any other thread in any section of the forum. I checked about 12 threads and all were ok except for the DiManno one. Didn't have any intention of reading the thread so it isn't a problem for me, I was just curious.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I'm also having the same problem with The Comeback of Tomas Verner thread. I can't get to page 2 and I posted on page 2 earlier. This is the first time it's happened for me and I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem getting to page 2:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...son-competing)
    Angie
    I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    I just tried to go to page 2 of the Comeback of Tomas Verner thread and I can't get to it either.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maureenfarone View Post
    I just tried to go to page 2 of the Comeback of Tomas Verner thread and I can't get to it either.
    It's like what you mentioned in your other post. I'm not having a problem with any of the other threads except for it and the DiManno thread. I tried it, too. I'm also using Windows 7 and IE 10.
    Angie
    I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. ~ Thomas A. Edison

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    The problem still remains as of today - still remaining on page 1 after clicking on the other pages. No problems with other threads, however, which is good.
    Angie

Administrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    The problem still remains as of today - still remaining on page 1 after clicking on the other pages. No problems with other threads, however, which is good.
    The problem remains because I can't reproduce it, thus debug it and find the cause. Sorry about that. I'll investigate shortly.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thank you, Server Guy. I'm hoping maybe the problem won't happen again.
    Angie

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Server Guy, I just wanted to let you know that I was stuck on page 1 in another thread this morning. It was the Ladies SP thread for the NHK Trophy in the Kiss & Cry forum. I couldn't get to page 2 or page 3, and I had refreshed the page. I decided to scroll down to the bottom of page 1 and posted a quick reply. When I did that, I ended up on page 3 where my post was. The problem cleared up after that.

So, I believe if I were to scroll down page 1 of the Tomas Verner thread and make a post that it would clear up the problem of viewing other pages in that thread. I'm just still not sure why I can't view the other pages without having to make a post.
    Angie

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I installed the security updates today and along with them was an upgrade to Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7. I noticed right afterwards that it was much faster getting to websites, etc. So, I decided to see if I could get to those other pages now and I could.

maureenfarone, you should have also had the option to upgrade to IE 11 today along with your microsoft security updates. If you do upgrade, I believe that will clear up your problem, too.
    Angie

vCash
    Thanks Angie, guess I'll upgrade today if I have time. I posted in the Tomas thread but still could not get beyond page 1! It is just so weird that this only just started happening and only on some threads and only on FSU. I read 2 other boards extensively and haven't noticed this. Maybe IE 11 will solve the problem for me too.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I'm sorry it didn't work for you after you posted. I didn't try posting with the Tomas or DiManno thread. Keeping fingers crossed that IE 11 will work for you when you have time to take the upgrade. I can also see the little FSU emoticon beside the FSU link in my favorites again. I don't know if that has anything to do with upgrading, but I didn't see the little emoticon even as of yesterday morning until I took the upgrade.
    Angie