vCash

Stefania Berton and Ondrej Hotarek

I can't believe these two have won a bronze medal at Euros, a Grand Prix event and still don't have their own thread here!!
    There, now they have it

ISU video from Skate Canada: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfNvjPnK88U
    Skate Canada interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sx3JGsO6Kw
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    Their skating and connection were exquisite.

vCash
    And who knows, maybe in a matter of months they'll have an Olympic medal!

vCash
    Yes, Pingu, they reallly deserve a thread of their own! It was a great victory in Skate Canada! I keep my fingers crossed that they will make the GPF. And if V/T are not skating at the Europeans, as they have hinted, there might be a change for Stefania and Ondrej to snatch the silver.

vCash
    Thanks for starting a thread about these two. I loved watching Stefania in the Ladies event at the Euro's in '08 & '09, so I was over the moon when she started skating pairs.
    They match very well together & their lifts are fantastic.
    I was so pleased they won Skate Canada.

vCash
    I was really happy about their win as well. It was fun to listen to Franca Bianconi telling how they learned about their gold medal.
    Stefania was giving interviews, and Franca had seen that they were in the overall first place. So she was trying to tell Stefi about that, but she was so concentrated on talking with the journalists that she didn't hear anything else. After the millionth time Franca told her "Stefi...you are first!" she looked at her as if she was thinking "What are you talking about? Are you kidding me??" And Franca was like "No, you are first!!" and Stefi was like "Oh...ok! Cool!"

vCash
    Yesterday Stefania and Ondrej attended the semifinal round of Italia's got talent. They won the home-crowd vote out of their group of six contestants; this earned them a spot in the final, scheduled for next week.

vCash
    Saw this video in my feed:
    http://www.video.mediaset.it/video/i...o-hotarek.html

Was it from yesterday? Very beautiful and passionate.

vCash
    Yes, it was
    There was also a small interview they did before the performance where they talked about how Fiamme Azzurre financially helped them to keep on training, and that they hoped to make their sport more popular with this participation. Uhm they probably said something else, but I don't remember it right now...

vCash
    Yesterday evening there was Italia's Got Talent final. Stefi and Ondrej came in third place, performing on this song: Ti Vorrei Sollevare
    Besides their performance, there was a fluff where they told their story, how they started skating, and some pics of them as little kids on the ice were shown...Ondrej as a kid was super cute!!!!

vCash
    A few days after Skate Canada, Eleonorad and I interviewed Stefania and Ondrej. It was extremely interesting to learn about their reverse lasso lift and how much working with David Wilson changed them as skaters.
    It's a quite long interview, but definitely worth a read in my opinion

Interview with Stefania Berton and Ondrej Hotarek: With David Wilson our turning point

vCash
    Love the interview. Their joy and singing on the podium at Skate Canada was wonderful to behold. So happy for them and wish them the best in this Olympic season.

vCash
    I love them. They have such a positive quality to their skating. I really wish they were going to the Grand Prix final.

vCash
    They won the Merano Cup Senior B competition in Italy with a total score of 192.69 today.

SP:
    1 Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA 67.11 38.43 28.68 7.00 6.92 7.42 7.25 7.25 0.00 #1
    On demand video can be viewed here: http://www.idealweb.tv/16-merano-cup...rima-giornata/

FS:
    1 Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA 125.58 66.38 59.20 7.08 7.25 7.67 7.50 7.50 0.00 #4
    Sunday's FS should eventually be linked from here: http://www.idealweb.tv/15-17-novembr...16-merano-cup/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Re-posting from the Italian news thread in GSD :
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    New interview with Stefania Berton/Ondrej Hotarek on Icenetwork

Berton, Hotarek make for perfect European union
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden