Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeye View Post
    OK, another touristy question: is there any place in Stralia that actually has natural snow and ice for winter sports?

(and yes, I subscribed )
    The mountains around Canberra have skiing.

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Thanks for the replies, Aussie Willy and aliceanne.

Correcting one's ignorance is always good. I was under the erroneous impression that it was essentially flat Down Under, except for that large outcropping that looks like a humongous red table in the middle of the outback.

vCash
    Subscribed. Hope you get to 1,00 soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    "around Canberra" being a loose and relative term...it's about two and a half-three hours drive before you arrive anywhere you can actually ski. Though the snow that falls just above Canberra is good for minisnowmen.

vCash
    695 now

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    Well, spit in my eye and call me stinky! I came across this astounding photo (well, astounding for an American): http://www.karels.com.au/More%20cold...Web%20view.jpg

I guess there really is more to Straya than deadly crocs, sharks, snakes, spiders, scorpions, ticks, ants, centipedes, jellyfish and various species of vicious dropbears.

(This is to commemorate Australia's inaugural streaming of its Nationals. Grats )

vCash
    ^^^^ I blame Crocodile Dundee (Paul Hogan) for painting a picture of Down Under as a land of crocodiles, sharks, snakes and spiders.

Good ole Down Under offers ocean delights, tropical paradise , cool heaven and many more.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Done!

Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    ^^^^ I blame Crocodile Dundee (Paul Hogan) for painting a picture of Down Under as a land of crocodiles, sharks, snakes and spiders.

Good ole Down Under offers ocean delights, tropical paradise , cool heaven and many more.
    My image of Australia has been painted by "Crocodile Dundee", Men At Work's "Down Under" song (one day I'd like to try a vegemite sandwich!) and "Muriel's Wedding"! 'Muriel' made my sisters and I wish we could visit Down Under someday!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    Done!

My image of Australia has been painted by "Crocodile Dundee", Men At Work's "Down Under" song (one day I'd like to try a vegemite sandwich!) and "Muriel's Wedding"! 'Muriel' made my sisters and I wish we could visit Down Under someday!

The key to a vegemite is to make sure you have sufficient butter to vegemite ratio. Lots of butter with a smear of vegemite

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post
    The key to a vegemite is to make sure you have sufficient butter to vegemite ratio. Lots of butter with a smear of vegemite

Unless you have any naughty children you want to punish, the key to Vegemite is to dispose of it in the nearest toxic waste facility. That stuff is lethal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    "around Canberra" being a loose and relative term...it's about two and a half-three hours drive before you arrive anywhere you can actually ski. Though the snow that falls just above Canberra is good for minisnowmen.
    I was there in the '70s, my geography is a little fuzzy now. My brother lived in Sydney and I spent a couple of months traveling around by bus and train. My most delightful memories were a movie theater in Alice Springs with no roof (I've never seen so many stars) and getting off the steam train in Kuranda and walking behind the station and seeing that big waterfall. Back then you could climb Ayres Rock. I imagine like everywhere else it is much more developed now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Unless you have any naughty children you want to punish, the key to Vegemite is to dispose of it in the nearest toxic waste facility. That stuff is lethal.
    nooooooooooooooooooo vegemite is the greatest spread on earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blasphemy! Blasphemyyyyyyyyyyyy!

*happily noms all the vegemite*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12