Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    YEAH!
    vCash
    thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    My Italian is alittle rusty but what they mean by that is that Tessa and Scott should've gotten the levels for the twizzle .
    nope.. if you check, she said they unfairly lost one level. so the twizzles should have been called lev4 with slightly less GOE's because the mistake was very minor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    nope.. if you check, she said they unfairly lost one level. so the twizzles should have been called lev4 with slightly less GOE's because the mistake was very minor.
    Oh I'm sure Judy Blumberg had something to do with that lol

vCash
    http://video.intelligencer.ca/search.../2778078313001

A lovely interview from (presumably) today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ofdarkness View Post

I honestly hope that going to class and filming the documentry doesn't backfire on them they seem so busy!
    Last edited by parapluies; 10-29-2013 at 02:11 AM.

vCash

Thank you. Also doesn't Ryan Pyette work for lfp as well?

Parapluies I'm sure if they couldn't handle it they wouldn't be doing it.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash

Thanks much. Tessa looks so beautiful on camera -- & of course Scott is hot

vCash
    They just seem so busy this year ever since worlds they've been all over the place! Where do they get the time to train and relax? Anyways can't wait to see the tweaks they are planning on making. Btw is it just me or does their music sound... different...edited? smoother? from Finlandia.

vCash
    I know we've seen it many times but damn that performance of 'Stay' was exceptionally hotOr is it just me?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    I know we've seen it many times but damn that performance of 'Stay' was exceptionally hotOr is it just me?
    Nope, haha, not just you! If she really doesn't want Scott, I will be MORE than happy to take him off her hands. He should wear those shirts all the time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    They just seem so busy this year ever since worlds they've been all over the place! Where do they get the time to train and relax? Anyways can't wait to see the tweaks they are planning on making. Btw is it just me or does their music sound... different...edited? smoother? from Finlandia.
    Yes, that's what thought too, that the transitions on the music were smoothed out. I liked the tiny changes

vCash
    I was thinking that it's really incredible how ice dance is never discussed by a technical point of view on internet boards, with the exception of this thread. Generally, people talk about emotions, music, impressions, personal tastes, the way a program looks. A rather subjective (i.e., self-centered) way of approaching a sport. While for singles, everyone know about underrotations, quality of spins etc. And obviously everyone take these things in account. Ice dance experts seem so rare. They seem to be active in this thread only, and thank God we have them.
    All this is so baffling. Things should change, and asap. Ice dance is a sport and deserves a different treatement.
    Coaches and skaters don't comment on the points that they, and they rivals, receive on single elements, but if they had the nerve to do it, i bet they would say a lot of very, very interesting things. Sometimes i even doubt that the judges themselves really know how to score the GOE's.

vCash
    Thank you for opening the new thread, CatherineC, and thank you for naming it, girlscouse62. Emdee, ceg15, and Rotation, thanks for your reports! how cool that you got to meet them E
    very happy for you
    and Corianna, I hope you also had a great time.
    welcome Dreamskates and welcome back, elle123!

I really loved reading through the various reactions to their performances. This is one of my favourites:

Quote Originally Posted by Lety View Post
    If music was something that we could see, we could see it coming within them.
    It's amazing how is something so strong that we all can feel it. This is surreal.
    so beautiful.

And thank you for the link with that post as well as your collection of photos, Ice Princess. I put it through google translate and it was very enlightening. I find these discussions of the lift mechanics fascinating, and would love to learn more so I hope you keep that discussion going, Subway and Golightly.

vCash

Thanks, but it didnt work to me. What did they say?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Ice Princess* View Post
    I don't think... The documentary's troupe will follow them also in Paris for TEB...
    Did they said this? I thought they follow them only in USA and Canada, because the wasnt in Finland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Did they said this? I thought they follow them only in USA and Canada, because the wasnt in Finland.
    I can't transcribe it word for word but they talked a while about the decision to do this documentary. They wanted to make sure it wasn't a distraction, they talked it over with their coach, a sports scientist they work with in Saskatoon ('??) and I assume others not listed. They were very clear on what to expect and that it really hasn't been a distraction at all and their training has been going really well. They also mention they get along really well with the crew so that helps. The interviewer asks if they filmed in London and they spent a day with Scott and his family and friends. A day with hers. Also their training in London as they said they do a lot of training in London as well (ie. Maria Mountain). Maybe they skate there as well? I guess we will see.
    Tessa mentioned she was still doing some courses for school (maybe just one, she wasn't specific). That the others skaters she trains with took the year off but that she likes the distraction although she laughed and said she was worried about her midterm in a couple of days (imagine with SC and this she didn't get much study in). Final thing I remember is they said they'd be making small adjustments but that they expect to be doing that all the way up til February. That they have gotten positive feedback so far and really feel these are the programs to get them where they want to go. That you hear music they like but you don't always picture yourself winning with it. They feel this music and especially the FD is special to them. Spoke about the sting of coming in second in London, that of course it hurt not hearing your national anthem in front of your home crowd but spun it into a positive that it set them up nicely for this year and they are sort of the underdogs even though they are the reigning Olympic Champions. (most of this was in response to pressure).

And now I'm forgetting the rest but those were the two that stuck out.

They didn't say anything specifically about what competitions the cameras will be at. I think in the beginning when this first came out they talked about filming for a couple of months. I think at the time we all guessed they would just add in footage from competitions along the way.

eta..my own two cents. I'm not the slightest bit worried about how this affects their training. Often with these shows they get most of their filming done in a shorter time frame and then just stretch it out with editing. I don't think it would be any more distracting then having to meet sponsor obligations with travel and press conferences and just schedule the crews to be there on your schedule. Doing what you do but just doing it with cameras. Although the friends and family setups are less natural in the sense that Scott mentioned his friends that are outgoing and vocal were somewhat quiet and the quieter ones more animated for the cameras so he thought that was interesting.
    Last edited by bmcg; 10-29-2013 at 10:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    They (in person) didn't, but an article of this summer say that the troupe will follow them in both GP competitions: Skate Canada and TEB. Oh and the crew was also in Finlandia.. my friend (same girl of VM and DW italian thread) that was at FT saw it and she think they filmed for documentary, somehow..

Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    No Its very hot haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Ice Princess* View Post
    They (in person) didn't, but an article of this summer say that the troupe will follow them in both GP competitions: Skate Canada and TEB. Oh and the crew was also in Finlandia.. my friend (same girl of VM and DW italian thread) that was at FT saw it and she think they filmed for documentary, somehow..
    Thanks! I dont think cameras was with them in Finland, but who knows.
    bmcg, thank you a lot. It was interesting interview for me.
    And thanks Meyrs, i could read it at FanForum too.
    I think its good they understand they already have OGM and have nothing to lose.
    And interesting to know about feedback. Fingers crossed for judges like there programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    I was thinking that it's really incredible how ice dance is never discussed by a technical point of view on internet boards, with the exception of this thread. Generally, people talk about emotions, music, impressions, personal tastes, the way a program looks. A rather subjective (i.e., self-centered) way of approaching a sport. While for singles, everyone know about underrotations, quality of spins etc. And obviously everyone take these things in account. Ice dance experts seem so rare. They seem to be active in this thread only, and thank God we have them.
    All this is so baffling. Things should change, and asap. Ice dance is a sport and deserves a different treatement.
    Coaches and skaters don't comment on the points that they, and they rivals, receive on single elements, but if they had the nerve to do it, i bet they would say a lot of very, very interesting things. Sometimes i even doubt that the judges themselves really know how to score the GOE's.
    Honestly, it's not an easy sport to understand for the most avid fan let alone the average joe. You have to take some time and effort to learn the scoring system and I think only through watching, and I mean really watching and paying attention over time can you really appreciate what makes one team 'special' and 'better' than another and I mean how many people really wanna do that? I've watched skating for years but even I don't pretend to begin to know or understand everything. The casual fan, and there's lots of them, aren't gonna bother. They better understand singles or pairs because it's more obvious, they jump, they fall etc. but even then it's a struggle to completely understand all the ins and outs. So they go on emotion, music, personal preference because it's easy.
    I think you're very right about the judges as well and for that I would say there's no excuse.I would even say I believe even the skaters aren't sure sometimes. But then that would again be the fault of the judges. How many times have we heard ice dancers state they aren't sure why they got the levels/mark that they did. At times they've seemed baffled. Now either the judges don't know what they are doing or...?
    Also I feel there is no excuse for the medias ignorance. You wanna 'report' on figure skating do some research at least basic stuff. Make it look like you at least made an effort. Most reporters can't tell a lutz from a flip or they call a jump a spin. How many times have we read articles like that? If there was just some one who was interested enough to report on figure skating and took the time to understand it they could really help the general public understand it as well and give this sport a helping hand instead for the most part they could care less and unless you care enough to seek it out for yourself you will never understand it. It's a shame.

vCash
    Tessa and Scott interbiew was uploaded on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DcStY6nN50

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast