Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i think ever since after 2010 olympics, i just get anxious whenever they do their twizzles. i really wish they nail all their elements down solid and clean while bringing up the expression in their programs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apple123 View Post
    V/M are really skaters' skaters. That's a huge honor. Unfortunately they seem not to be judges' skaters, hmmm, the irony.
    People will always remember them as skaters' skaters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    i think ever since after 2010 olympics, i just get anxious whenever they do their twizzles. i really wish they nail all their elements down solid and clean while bringing up the expression in their programs
    They're always fine when Tessa in particular, is aggressive with the twizzles. The problem with them in the SD at SC may have been because they're happening during a slower change of tempo.

vCash
    I don't think this was posted: http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/fig...#id=2417546367. It's a short interview from CBC where Tessa and Scott talk about their preparations for Sochi (looks like it was shot at the RBC event a few weeks back). I watched about a minute, but the player started acting up.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Just ran across these on Twitter, and I had to share!

pic.twitter.com/ialLIONSAy (I would totally hang this on my wall, next to my Degas prints! haha)

The same user has lots of amazing work of other skaters too! https://twitter.com/tian_skating
    Last edited by MissJD; 11-14-2013 at 06:39 AM. Reason: fix link

vCash
    Judy BLUMBERG in tech. pannel at TEB with Christine HURTH (FRA). So it could be good for PB.
    Time Schedule
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra2013/

vCash
    Yikes. That is a bit of a nightmare panel for them. That's your 2/3 right there. I know Hurth is from FRA but that aside (because I don't know that she isn't fair) she is very tough and exacting. Blumberg needs no explanation....

Hopefully they won't look at the panel makeup and go out there blind and free of nerves.
    Last edited by bmcg; 11-14-2013 at 01:05 PM.

vCash
    I couldn't find which positions Blumberg/Hurth were sitting in, but it does seem quite a stacked judging panel against V/M. How is this allowed to happen again and again? Blumberg will have no need to call for a review of every element to try to catch something - so-called 'levels' will be automatically agreed upon. No wonder Tessa gets nervous. I'm hoping for two clean skates, not perfect yet - I want that at Sochi - but good representations of their programs. After all these years, I hate that there's still this suspicion that the marks have predetermined by the judging panel.

vCash
    Just popping in to see if there are many practice reports. Ioana, did you make today's? Anyways I'm guessing this is a pic from after practice maybe before http://Instagram.com/p/gsb44mucpn/.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    Just ran across these on Twitter, and I had to share!

pic.twitter.com/ialLIONSAy (I would totally hang this on my wall, next to my Degas prints! haha)

The same user has lots of amazing work of other skaters too! https://twitter.com/tian_skating
    love that picture!

vCash
    Hi everyone! It's Kristiina Thanks for welcoming me here ! Unfortunately I haven't had time to read this thread in a few days, because of work and that is why I'm also very disappointed because due to work related stuff I won't be able to go to Paris and TEB after all I'm so annoyed, but I hope that everyone who gets to go have a great weekend and I'll be trying to catch up with everything as soon as possible.

vCash
    Olaaa... Tessa wore a green dress for practice, hair down. Looks very pretty. Please check the photos published the awesome @eelinpaas on Twitter.

vCash
    Omg!! Tessa's wearing green! For the SD. But since I've been told of the superstitions behind it, I had given up that hope.

ETA: Oh golightly beat me to it. Anyways I can't link the pic itself, but the twitter account is eelinapaas. Wait apparently the green is for the FD?
    Last edited by Shayii; 11-14-2013 at 01:58 PM.

vCash
    Well, green is bad luck FOR the Olympics, not before Although it's Tessa, who knows? She might want to break the curse

vCash
    Lol we'll see I guess. I want these costumes to be for the SD. It makes more sense right? I don't know. Here's a close up: http://twitter.com/eelinpaas/status/...883457/photo/1.

vCash
    Tessa looks FABULOUS in that green dress. Probably my favorite costume for her ever.

vCash
    For those impatiently wondering if I made it to today's practice, here's your answer. It was an excellent practice for Tessa and Scott, I think one of the best I've seen from them. Everything worked, no hesitations anywhere. Lifts were great, the first one is an absolute stunner, amazing how the stretch their legs simultaneously, so that the effect is wonderful. They modified the second rotational lift a little, no problems there anymore. The choreo lift looks simpler, but more effective, because they are able to hold the positions longer. The spin is very elegant and it really emphasizes their pointed toes (the focus is on T, but S moves so elegantly as well). The second step sequence looked faster than at SC, I haven't noticed anything different in its composition, though.
    There was also the obligatory funny moment, when Papadakis&Cizeron almost crashed into them as they were catching speed in preparation for the first lift, Scott roared in his usual style to let out steam. But they didn't seem too bothered about it. P&C then went to them and apologized, which I thought was very nice.
    I left the best part at the end: I thought the program was fantastic, any doubts I might have had disappeared the second the began skating. It creates a magic atmosphere, and they are just floating across the ice (speed and all, whoever says they are slow/slower than they were is either blind or totally biased). I was getting really emotional (true, I.was also hit by the realization that I'm probably seeing them for the last time this weekend) and I can't wait to see it on Saturday, with an audience in the rink. I felt it really grabs you- in a subtle way, gradually, unexpectedly. You can feel and see in their eyes that they love skating this program.
    I can't wait to see the SD tomorrow as well. They did parts of it, and they changed the lift - now they use the second rotational lift from Funny Face, where Tessa is on his shoulder and stretches her leg.
    Oh, and twizzles were very good! They did both sets, FD and SD, no problems.
    I almost forgot the costumes, although these may not be the final ones: Scott in a white shirt, black pants, Tessa in a deep green dress, beautiful, but I felt the combination didn't really fit the program. But she really looks great in that colour!

vCash
    So nice to see @eelinpaas is there. She takes great photos of these two!

That green colour also looks beautiful on her.

Thanks for the report Ioana!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    For those impatiently wondering if I made it to today's practice, here's your answer. It was an excellent practice for Tessa and Scott, I think one of the best I've seen from them. Everything worked, no hesitations anywhere. Lifts were great, the first one is an absolute stunner, amazing how the stretch their legs simultaneously, so that the effect is wonderful. They modified the second rotational lift a little, no problems there anymore. The choreo lift looks simpler, but more effective, because they are able to hold the positions longer. The spin is very elegant and it really emphasizes their pointed toes (the focus is on T, but S moves so elegantly as well). The second step sequence looked faster than at SC, I haven't noticed anything different in its composition, though.
    There was also the obligatory funny moment, when Papadakis&Cizeron almost crashed into them as they were catching speed in preparation for the first lift, Scott roared in his usual style to let out steam. But they didn't seem too bothered about it. P&C then went to them and apologized, which I thought was very nice.
    I left the best part at the end: I thought the program was fantastic, any doubts I might have had disappeared the second the began skating. It creates a magic atmosphere, and they are just floating across the ice (speed and all, whoever says they are slow/slower than they were is either blind or totally biased). I was getting really emotional (true, I.was also hit by the realization that I'm probably seeing them for the last time this weekend) and I can't wait to see it on Saturday, with an audience in the rink. I felt it really grabs you- in a subtle way, gradually, unexpectedly. You can feel and see in their eyes that they love skating this program.
    I can't wait to see the SD tomorrow as well. They did parts of it, and they changed the lift - now they use the second rotational lift from Funny Face, where Tessa is on his shoulder and stretches her leg.
    Oh, and twizzles were very good! They did both sets, FD and SD, no problems.
    I almost forgot the costumes, although these may not be the final ones: Scott in a white shirt, black pants, Tessa in a deep green dress, beautiful, but I felt the combination didn't really fit the program. But she really looks great in that colour!
    How's the speed in the first FD lift? How did they modify the second rotational? Is her leg still on his shoulder because I though it looked always abit awkward. I m sad they are doing the second rotational from FF I was really hoping for something new. Did they even do the same entrance and exit? Did the twizzles change location? I hope someone posts a video of their practice soon! I can't wait to see! Also who was the person who said green was bad luck'?

vCash
    was the green dress for the FD or the SD? from the pic, with the way tessa's hair was, it seemed more like for the FD than the SD

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast