Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 999
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,571
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I also got a nice pic of weaver and poje . They were hauling huge bags of luggage but graciously stopped for the pic.
    what a great skate canada with the cherry on the top at the airport.

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,056
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Remember our next thread should be
    Tessa and Scott our living legends.
    I second this thread title. You are so lucky you got to meet them. Anyways I was watching Berton/Hotarek gala performance and the lyrics to the song they skate to reminded me of V/M especially the lyric: All'alba vincerò which translates to "At dawn I will win" It got me all hyped up for the season i hope V/M get their levels and good scores at TEB and I hope the judges wont screw them over
    Last edited by parapluies; 10-28-2013 at 12:05 AM.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,820
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2416
    Quote Originally Posted by Bue View Post
    Love this thread title. It combines two of my passions - V/M and Bryan Adams
    I obviously didn't quite get the connection of Straight From the Heart and Bryan Adams but instead was thinking of "You Give Love a Bad Name" with
    "Shot through the heart
    And you're to blame
    Darlin'
    You give love a bad name"

    Too much hockey music in my head.

    Anyway, I love the connection to the actual song this is referencing.
    Crazy about sports!

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Age
    47
    Posts
    8,165
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Thanks pani. And it was because he was talking so much that made me curious what he was saying. I recorded the nbc broadcast (so I can fast forward to Tessa and Scott. Lol just kidding…I think) missjd so can't wait to see it!
    shayii, I admit I wasn't really into the ladies competition (though I ended up really enjoying a couple of the performances) but watched to make sure I didn't miss V&M.

    I can't say anything more about the FD performance than what so many others have already said. I also think that Tessa and Scott have spoiled me. It stands out so much more watching even the other disciplines how few skaters actually have the talent and skill to really bring to life their programs and to maintain that connection with the audience and their partners (in pairs of dance) while executing the most difficult of elements. Tessa and Scott are truly special.

    I loved that we were able to just enjoy the skating itself from the legends in the making but at the same time it would have been nice to hear Tracy's commentary. I was pleasantly surprised that NBC showed that interview clip in addition to the program. Loved seeing the short clip of the SD. That dress is gorgeous in motion. I'm still on cloud nine from hearing Terry Gannon say outloud that V&M were becoming legends. Worth waiting for.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    437
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Remember our next thread should be
    Tessa and Scott our living legends.
    I love it! What if we wrote it "Tessa&Scott: Living legends" ? No space between the names because they skate as a single unit and not as two separate people.

    Also, so glad you got to meet them! Perfect ending to an amazing weekend!

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    813
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I've not been much of an ice dancing fan but enjoy watchiing them tell a story on the ice, so graceful.

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    101
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamSkates View Post
    I've not been much of an ice dancing fan but enjoy watchiing them tell a story on the ice, so graceful.
    Welcome Dreamskates!!

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    595
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I must admit I had Bryan Adams in mind when I suggested this title. I just don't remember hearing the song you quoted, sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I obviously didn't quite get the connection of Straight From the Heart and Bryan Adams but instead was thinking of "You Give Love a Bad Name" with
    "Shot through the heart
    And you're to blame
    Darlin'
    You give love a bad name"
    I must admit I had Bryan Adams in mind when I suggested this title. I'm really not sure I've heard your song, sorry.

    Too much hockey music in my head.

    Anyway, I love the connection to the actual song this is referencing.

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,150
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    okay, dont know if anyone knows this but bryan adams is canadian too

    well a few verses and the chorus to his song Straight from the Heart:
    I could start dreamin' but it never ends
    As long as you're gone we may as well pretend
    I've been dreamin'
    Straight from the heart

    You say it's easy but who's to say
    That we'd be able to keep it this way
    But it's easier
    Straight from the heart

    Give it to me straight from the heart
    Tell me we can make another start
    You know I'll never go
    As long as I know
    It's comin' straight from the heart

    Read more at http://www.lyrics.com/straight-from-...afGI4Oemd4o.99

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    2,396
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3278
    Someone may have already mentioned this, but Tracy Wilson made the comment that she believes Virtue/Moir are a team who will be appreciated more after they are retired than during their actual careers. She felt this was true because of the many memorable programs they have created. I think she's right.

    That's more or less what pani said a while ago, when she suggested (paraphrasing, perhaps inaccurately) that you ultimately remember skaters because of the programs they create, not because of the marks they get.
    Last edited by geoskate; 10-28-2013 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Grammar

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,150
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    just been picturing how they will go about their careers post retirement. of course, i'm sad we could no longer see competitive programs at regular times of the year once they retire, and we'd be lucky if we get to see videos of their professional shows. on the other hand, im thinking if they will go on a coach/choreographer route, and if they do, which discipline will they do so. i dont see them coaching immediately, maybe coordinate with a coach for the technical levels then choreograph the programs. i wonder if they do choreograph for an ice dance team, how that work will play out with/against the ones that marina will be putting out there. to me, it will be a very interesting picture. i would certainly want them to carve their own careers as choreographers and be away from marina's shadow for once.

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    595
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Brit HD version of FD by uzd fs. Sorry don't know how to bring link forward into this thread.

  13. #33

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,901
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    Someone may have already mentioned this, but Tracy Wilson made the comment that she believes Virtue/Moir are a team who will be appreciated more after than they are retired than during their actual careers. She felt this was true because of the many memorable programs they have created. I think she's right.

    That's more or less what pani said a while ago, when she suggested (paraphrasing, perhaps inaccurately) that you ultimately remember skaters because of the programs they create, not because of the marks they get.
    I want them to be appreciated in the present too though. Also I take a bit of what I've said about Marina back as it's obvious she cares for them a lot. In the knc after the SD scores came up and Tessa fell back on the chair (in disappointment?), Marina looked very worried.

    These dances just keep growing and growing can't wait till teb! And I believe Ioana might be going so excited about your reports!

    Emdee I'm so happy for you!
    Zilam not sure where I read it but Tessa and Scott mentioned doing plenty of shows after Sochi.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    101
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    Brit HD version of FD by uzd fs. Sorry don't know how to bring link forward into this thread.
    Here you go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S4DPSAMTbI

  15. #35

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,820
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2416
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I must admit I had Bryan Adams in mind when I suggested this title. I just don't remember hearing the song you quoted, sorry
    Oops, let me try that again.

    When I first saw the title, I thought it was a reference to the song You Give Love a Bad Name which is sung by Bon Jovi and the lyrics I included. For some reason I didn't make the connection that the song the title was referencing was the Bryan Adams song Straight From the Heart. My bad, sorry guys.
    Crazy about sports!

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    595
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks Happy

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,150
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I want them to be appreciated in the present too though. Also I take a bit of what I've said about Marina back as it's obvious she cares for them a lot. In the knc after the SD scores came up and Tessa fell back on the chair (in disappointment?), Marina looked very worried.

    These dances just keep growing and growing can't wait till teb! And I believe Ioana might be going so excited about your reports!

    Emdee I'm so happy for you!
    Zilam not sure where I read it but Tessa and Scott mentioned doing plenty of shows after Sochi.
    being a top team that they are, it's only natural that they will be doing a lot of pro shows. it's all a matter of those shows being broadcasted, or being able to access videos of those shows as canada tends to have limited broadcasting or a lot of those broadcasts/videos tend to be geoblocked outside of canada/north america. hence, for the rest of the world, we'd be lucky if we get videos of their pro shows at all. i remember being very sad when a/p announced they were retiring since i knew i would no longer be able to see them skate on a regular basis

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Very surprisingly the Skating Lesson had lots of nice things to say about Tessa and Scott with Jenny saying that she prefers them to Davis and White

  19. #39

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,901
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I wonder if there was a banquet. I always look forward to seeing what they wear to those.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

  20. #40

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,731
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I wonder if there was a banquet. I always look forward to seeing what they wear to those.
    Not sure. Maybe on Saturday after Mens free? Because look, like a lot off skaters were seen in airport after Gala on Sunday.
    Great group finale

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tNU-SsIF6k

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •