Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Thank you for bringing this over! and Ia Tessa is perfect I always found Scott feminine and gentle especially how he holds Tessa. It is sweet and romantic.
    How is being sweet, romantic or gentle equate to being feminine in a man? Lol. Not all men are brutish (even if they might look it).

Love the Elena and Nikita quotes. Wouldn't that be something if Tessa and Scott end up coaching and IK are their students. (Based on their closeness in age I doubt that would ever happen).
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Hi everyone! I'm Kristiina, and I've been a long time reader of these V&M threads and been loving the conversations that you guys have here! So in honor of this Olympic season I'd thought I'd join in, although I don't know if I'll ever have anything sensible to say, but we'll see.. At least so far I'm loving T&S's new programmes and their new outfits :)

Anyhow, I'm going to TEB this year for the first time and was wondering if any of you guys have ever been able to meet Tessa and Scott there, and if you have, where? I know it's a long shot of me ever meeting them, but that is a dream of mine that I'm hoping could some day come true :)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snowball88 View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm Kristiina, and I've been a long time reader of these V&M threads and been loving the conversations that you guys have here! So in honor of this Olympic season I'd thought I'd join in, although I don't know if I'll ever have anything sensible to say, but we'll see.. At least so far I'm loving T&S's new programmes and their new outfits

Anyhow, I'm going to TEB this year for the first time and was wondering if any of you guys have ever been able to meet Tessa and Scott there, and if you have, where? I know it's a long shot of me ever meeting them, but that is a dream of mine that I'm hoping could some day come true
    You are welcom!
    I think usually fans met skaters between gala practice and gala near Bercy.
    But i am not sure. Some fans went to official hotel after competitions and could met skaters there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snowball88 View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm Kristiina, and I've been a long time reader of these V&M threads and been loving the conversations that you guys have here! So in honor of this Olympic season I'd thought I'd join in, although I don't know if I'll ever have anything sensible to say, but we'll see.. At least so far I'm loving T&S's new programmes and their new outfits

Anyhow, I'm going to TEB this year for the first time and was wondering if any of you guys have ever been able to meet Tessa and Scott there, and if you have, where? I know it's a long shot of me ever meeting them, but that is a dream of mine that I'm hoping could some day come true
    Hi Kristiina (one i?)! Lucky lucky you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post

And when the interviewer asked about working with Scott & Tessa as coach or choreographer after they retire: "Of course, all my limbs would say yes! That would be very cool, I think."
    Thank you for this morqet! I've definitely thought about this. I love I/K. If Tessa and Scott decide to retire (yes, I am still holding out hope!), I really would love for them to work with I/K. I don't know that they would want to be full time coaches to a top team right out of the gate, but I/K are so talented and could benefit a lot from even a few sessions with them! As a matter of fact, they should consult with all of the Russian teams. Zhulin needs to call them in for M/K too.

And welcome Kristina! I really hope you get to meet them! Good luck!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    Thank you for this morqet! I've definitely thought about this. I love I/K. If Tessa and Scott decide to retire (yes, I am still holding out hope!), I really would love for them to work with I/K. I don't know that they would want to be full time coaches to a top team right out of the gate, but I/K are so talented and could benefit a lot from even a few sessions with them! As a matter of fact, they should consult with all of the Russian teams. Zhulin needs to call them in for M/K too.

And welcome Kristina! I really hope you get to meet them! Good luck!
    Praying that Tessa and Scott can save them from Morozov (even if i don't think Tessa will go into choreography - Scott will though I see him becoming a choreographer like Chris Dean )

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    Speaking of Ilinykh/Katsalapov, I've been meaning to link these interviews over here for a while because they say lots of nice things about Tessa & Scott:
    Thank you so much! Nikita's mancrush on Scott is just adorable... there was another interview where Nikita says Scott is the man, the pillar, the rock, and one where he says Scott guards Tessa like an antique vase... it just goes on and on. I am collecting them and they will be on iggie's site eventually.

Could you please also translate the part where Elena talked about what it was like to train in Canton? thanks.

vCash
    I think Scott was clear with he could be coaching, but choreo isnt his strong point.
    And i dont know what to say about Scott feminine. For me he had stroner man chemistry then others.
    I think will be good if Tessa and Scott will be coaching Delmaestro Lam. This boy have so much passion and energy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    How is being sweet, romantic or gentle equate to being feminine in a man? Lol. Not all men are brutish (even if they might look it).

Love the Elena and Nikita quotes. Wouldn't that be something if Tessa and Scott end up coaching and IK are their students. (Based on their closeness in age I doubt that would ever happen).
    Sorry! I meant feminine in a good way!

YEAH!
    vCash
    I don't think feminine is the right word but Scott is very gentle with his partner and is also elegant himself... sort of like Patrice Lauzon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I don't think feminine is the right word but Scott is very gentle with his partner and is also elegant himself... sort of like Patrice Lauzon.
    Perhaps it isn't the right word... but since we're on the topic of Scott Check what Skate Canada posted on twitter! https://twitter.com/SkateCanada/stat...88780999376896 Happy Halloween everyone! Is he supposed to be dressed as Eyore?

YEAH!
    vCash
    OMG, how cute! Yeah I think that's Eeyore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtpdx View Post
    Here is the British Eurosport version of the SD if you wish to also include.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT-gCXDqQmo
    The commentators don't seem very enthusiastic about V/M's SD, saying WP's is on par and DW's is better. I'm quite surprised because I thought it was the best SD to date. Anyone want to comment?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    The commentators don't seem very enthusiastic about V/M's SD, saying WP's is on par and DW's is better. I'm quite surprised because I thought it was the best SD to date. Anyone want to comment?
    Since Finlandia i have impression all there artisic work hard to see at the arena. That faciall expressions look better on big screen.
    And this SD so difficult, that VM didnt have space to gain big speed. They go with the music yes, but we know judges and audience love speed and power.But from marks i see, that judges appriciate all this hard transitions and without mistkes they will be close to the fight for first place.
    And after all they had mistakes. Scott said about mistakes in Finnstepp. So maybe when they skate it better, British Eurosport commentators will like it more.
    And you know, they often change there minds during season

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    The British Eurosport guys are, in general, both fairly clueless and wishy-washy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    The British Eurosport guys are, in general, both fairly clueless and wishy-washy.
    Well, Simon is. Nicky, though? He knows his stuff. Sure, ice dance is not exactly a forte of his even though he was an ice dancer LOL, but he isn't clueless. I think the SD is the best we have seen this season.

ETA: I keep forgetting the other one, is it Chris? He's not bad either. I admit that I like Nicky's commentary.

vCash
    I want to add. I like Latin CDs in Nice, but before WCh - didnt.
    And the way TS skated Latin SD at WCh show how great SD could be. The only problem was Latin FD was better, because didnt had pattern dance.
    So i have hope VM will skate this SD this way when they need to do and we could enjoy this dance without any questions.

vCash
    Exactly. When the short program is skated like this, it is pretty great.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I can never tell Nicky, Chris, and Simon's voices apart...

vCash
    Simon is the one who says that Tessa looks like Katy Perry, Nicky is the one who said she was the best Carmen he's ever seen, Chris (is it Chris? Was with Nicky at Worlds or one of the big competitions Simon missed last year.

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast