Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

vCash
    https://twitter.com/Marisa_Tridel/st...37664234176512

What is Indigo Yonge and Eglinton, guys?

And if you notice Weaver improvement, why didnt you see for example how Hubble skating is better, then her?

just like D&W shields the other American teams (except the Shibs, but that's probably due to the Zoueva factor and the fact that Maia tripped P&B during their FD, causing them to fall and lose the bronze).
    Sorry, but i never read something like "CB were hightlites of competitions, where DW competed", "CB were better, then DW"/
    And i think its good and i respect USA FD fans for this.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post

And if you notice Weaver improvement, why didnt you see for example how Hubble skating is better, then her?
    Toronto
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    Indigo is a Canadian mega bookstore, like Barnes and Noble in the USA. Yonge and Eglinton are two major streets in Downtown Toronto. Maybe they will be signing their book (I doubt there is a new one)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Indigo is a Canadian mega bookstore, like Barnes and Noble in the USA. Yonge and Eglinton are two major streets in Downtown Toronto. Maybe they will be signing their book (I doubt there is a new one)?
    Thanks!

vCash
    I think anytime W/P's choreography is a latin or a sultry program, it highlights Andrew's skills and on-ice presence and they get really high marks. When it doesn't, they don't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    I think anytime W/P's choreography is a latin or a sultry program, it highlights Andrew's skills and on-ice presence and they get really high marks. When it doesn't, they don't.
    Disagree. They got high marks in SD too, which I like, but want to see more freedom in body moves during dancing parts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Thank you, really. But now you are one more person who says that Kaitlyn has improved against those who say that she is much worse even now.
    Who is saying that Kaitlyn has got worse?! But I am not sure there are many female ice dancers who are as good as Andrew.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bue View Post
    Who is saying that Kaitlyn has got worse?! But I am not sure there are many female ice dancers who are as good as Andrew.
    She talked about me. And don't get me wrong, I never said she didn't improve.
    It will be very interesting to see what happened in China. I think USA want to made there second.team.closer.to the leaders too, France want medal at OG so bad and Russia is under pressure for get medal at home OG.
    So who will win a battle?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bue View Post
    You misunderstood me. I meant that some people say that Kaitlyn is still much worse than Andrew and/or other top female ice dancers, not that she is worse now than she was before.

She talked about me. And don't get me wrong, I never said she didn't improve.
    I didn't talk just about you - there are other people who say the same (that Kaitlyn is not a very good skater compared to both Andrew and other female ice dancers).
    Last edited by lauravvv; 10-30-2013 at 10:06 PM.

vCash
    I think Kaitlyn has improved immensely over the past couple of years. She used to have rather stiff knees & her skating skills were on a much lower level to Andrew's (agree: he's got to be the best male ice dancer -- after Scott, that is). She now skates with way more speed, has soft knees, great edges and way more confidence. Kudos to their coaches!
    Pani, just because W/P are mentioned or are doing PR doesn't mean they are taking anything from Tessa & Scott. T/S are so busy that they're probably relieved for another team to do some of the PR. I love both teams - I say spread the love there's more than enough for more than 1 team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    pani, don't worry. Once T&S retire, W&P will be hated and all their flaws will be mentioned again and again and again. For now, T&S shields W&P from the wrath, just like D&W shields the other American teams (except the Shibs, but that's probably due to the Zoueva factor and the fact that Maia tripped P&B during their FD, causing them to fall and lose the bronze).

Once T&S and D&W are gone, there will be like 4 or 80 teams vying for medals. It'll be vicious in a way the past 4 years haven't been. It'll be like 1998-2002 all over again.
    Words of wisdom! The next batch of skaters will get all kinds of hate. One advantage of having the attention on W/P is that Scott and Tessa can quietly do what they need to without added scrutiny.

vCash
    There FD is posing with fake emotions, but who pay attention?
    I thought about what you said, so now I want to comment on this. I think what you call "fake" I call acting. In my opinion, real artists/performers must be able to show different emotions and characters in their programs/performances, not just their own personalities and emotions. Tessa and Scott show real emotions in their 'Seasons' FD because it's about their own lives, but I think they were also acting in 'Carmen', not just showing their own "real" emotions. So you can talk about overacting or exaggerating, but, in my opinion, it's strange to talk about "fake" in relation to performances that are not real life in any case. I didn't write this to defend Weaver/Poje, it's just my general opinion.

vCash

Sorry, but i never read something like "CB were hightlites of competitions, where DW competed", "CB were better, then DW"/
    And i think its good and i respect USA FD fans for this.
    I have never seen hubbell and donaghue before. I was very impressed with the skates.
    There is something about chock that I don't care for its likely just a dislike.
    USamedia is generally more nationalistic. Canadian media is all over the place. In fact Canadian media likes to bend over backwards over others rather than blowing their own horn. It's part of who the country and its people are.
    Last edited by Emdee; 10-31-2013 at 01:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne7 View Post
    I think Kaitlyn has improved immensely over the past couple of years. She used to have rather stiff knees & her skating skills were on a much lower level to Andrew's (agree: he's got to be the best male ice dancer -- after Scott, that is). She now skates with way more speed, has soft knees, great edges and way more confidence. Kudos to their coaches!
    Pani, just because W/P are mentioned or are doing PR doesn't mean they are taking anything from Tessa & Scott. T/S are so busy that they're probably relieved for another team to do some of the PR. I love both teams - I say spread the love there's more than enough for more than 1 team.
    I think after scott the top Canadian ice dancer is Poirier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    I thought about what you said, so now I want to comment on this. I think what you call "fake" I call acting. In my opinion, real artists/performers must be able to show different emotions and characters in their programs/performances, not just their own personalities and emotions. Tessa and Scott show real emotions in their 'Seasons' FD because it's about their own lives, but I think they were also acting in 'Carmen', not just showing their own "real" emotions. So you can talk about overacting or exaggerating, but, in my opinion, it's strange to talk about "fake" in relation to performances that are not real life in any case. I didn't write this to defend Weaver/Poje, it's just my general opinion.
    I think Pani means the emotion is forced and over the top and doesn't flow naturally.i actually felt that with je suis malade .

VM emotion is so believable that's why people always question whether they are a couple!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    I think after scott the top Canadian ice dancer is Poirier.
    I will take Poje over Poirier any day, but that's just me.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Poirier has the best back...

Of course poje is hot!

vCash
    I think there are better female ice dancers than there are men. Let's see. There is Tessa, who is the best dancer, male or female, out there. Then: Péchalat, Bobrova, Paul, and I'd add Hubbell as well. But in the men's side, there's Scott, who's so far above the rest of the guys. I'd add Alex Shibutani, who's a great skater and dancer, Poje, and more recently, Donohue, who's impressed me this year. Poirier is VERY musical, but he doesn't lead as well as the others, in my opinion. I find him overrated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I think there are better female ice dancers than there are men. Let's see. There is Tessa, who is the best dancer, male or female, out there. Then: Péchalat, Bobrova, Paul, and I'd add Hubbell as well.

Ilinykh is 1.
    Who Hubbell and Paul?

vCash
    And Bobrova and Iliynich much stronger skaters, then Anna and Keythynn, but there programs, not best shape didnt let to them show this. Maybe this season?
    Plus in my opinion Russia have good younger teams, who have much more potential, then WP.

Ilinykh is a next Grishuk

Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast