Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Well, Simon is. Nicky, though? He knows his stuff. Sure, ice dance is not exactly a forte of his even though he was an ice dancer LOL, but he isn't clueless. I think the SD is the best we have seen this season.

ETA: I keep forgetting the other one, is it Chris? He's not bad either. I admit that I like Nicky's commentary.
    Simon Reed is indeed the one who seems clueless sometimes (mostly because he doesn't really get the judging system). but he's also the unabashed V/M fan among them. Chris Howarth (former British singles champion) and Nicky Slater usually have valid opinions, and well-argumented, even if you agree with them or not. My only reproach towards them is that they seem to go with the current flow and be easily impressed by frantic skating over elegant, finished moves, by skaters who play to the crowd/project outwards over those who really apply their skating skills to dance. And this goes for the other disciplines as well.

vCash
    Nicky was an ice dancer. Chris was a skater. Simon, I believe, doesn't have any skating background.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I can never tell Nicky, Chris, and Simon's voices apart...
    Me either. They all always sound alike to me.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    You misunderstood me. I meant that some people say that Kaitlyn is still much worse than Andrew and/or other top female ice dancers, not that she is worse now than she was before.
    Oh I see what you meant now. I apologize!

Quote Originally Posted by snowball88 View Post
    Anyhow, I'm going to TEB this year for the first time and was wondering if any of you guys have ever been able to meet Tessa and Scott there, and if you have, where? I know it's a long shot of me ever meeting them, but that is a dream of mine that I'm hoping could some day come true
    It is easy to meet skaters at TEB, if you hang out by the skaters' entrance/exit (around the side of the building) you are sure to meet them coming out after the comp! You also don't get huge crowds of people wanting to talk to the skaters so that also makes it easier.

Well, Simon is. Nicky, though? He knows his stuff. Sure, ice dance is not exactly a forte of his even though he was an ice dancer LOL, but he isn't clueless. I think the SD is the best we have seen this season.
    ETA: I keep forgetting the other one, is it Chris? He's not bad either. I admit that I like Nicky's commentary.
    I don't know. I enjoy them but this is the man who thought Domnina/Shabalin's FD was a "champions' performance" during the GP season, at which time Maxim could barely stand, let alone skate at a championship level (Slight exaggeration but we all remember the state he was in with his injury at the time). Nicky can be a slave to his emotions. Nicky didn't do any commentary last year as far as I recall, Simon 'presented' and Chris would commentate, but now Chris has moved to the 'presenting' slot and Nicky has joined him in commentary. It takes awhile to figure out who is who!

ETA: I think it might have been Chris who had the somewhat dubious views on D/S. Lol it really is impossible to tell them apart.
    Last edited by Bue; 10-31-2013 at 09:16 PM.

vCash
    the business of Tessa and Scott http://pjkwong.com/?p=1448

vCash
    Lol I always get excited when I see marikat posted because I know it means news. Thanks.

I always cringe a bit when people like celebrities plug their endorsers.
    Last edited by Shayii; 10-31-2013 at 09:48 PM.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    They need to plug them......

vCash
    No, I know. I just found myself fast forwarding through most of it. IDK I get easily embarrassed for people lol.

vCash
    Blah, I don't like blatant product pushing. . . but I mean they're so beautiful doing it I can kind get past it a little

vCash
    These are amateur athletes on an Olympic year. I don't mind.

vCash
    I just saw that little W promo on you tube. it's cute.
    I liked Tessa's sparkly bathing suit top.
    Last edited by liv; 11-01-2013 at 01:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Simon Reed is indeed the one who seems clueless sometimes (mostly because he doesn't really get the judging system). but he's also the unabashed V/M fan among them. Chris Howarth (former British singles champion) and Nicky Slater usually have valid opinions, and well-argumented, even if you agree with them or not. My only reproach towards them is that they seem to go with the current flow and be easily impressed by frantic skating over elegant, finished moves, by skaters who play to the crowd/project outwards over those who really apply their skating skills to dance. And this goes for the other disciplines as well.
    I'm not sure which one it was who said about the SD "I'm not really feeling it", but they were both sort of ho-hum. Sort of odd, so you're probably right in that they're on the DW bandwagon. In contrast Tracy Wilson was really enthusiastic and spoke positively about it.

vCash
    They're not on anyone's bandwagon. Nicky even said that it was perhaps that he needed to see it again to decide. He loved the free dance. And, hey, if they don't like the SD, that doesn't suddenly make it bad. For me, it is the best program in dance, free or short, this season.

vCash
    They're not on anyone's bandwagon. Nicky even said that it was perhaps that he needed to see it again to decide. He loved the free dance. And, hey, if they don't like the SD, that doesn't suddenly make it bad. For me, it is the best program in dance, free or short, this season.
    As much as I love the Eurosports guys, they are sometimes way off the mark & as someone said, don't completely understand Cop. Nicky is the only one with ice dance expertise & has said several times that V/M is his favorite dance team. The others are sometimes hit & miss. To say w/p & v/m were on par in the SD shows they weren't able to "see" all the incredible difficulty in V/M's program.

vCash
    Tessa and Scott talking to PJ about Oil of Olay products: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EUQdw9jOlE
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    CoC update (OT, I know, but we do like to keep up with how the judging is going!)
    B/S: tes 31.15 + pcs 34.55
    P/B: tes 28.77 + pcs 34.83

Protocols
    1fs - both level 3, kpYNY
    2fs - bs 2 kpNYN, pb 1 kpNNN (neg GOE)
    STw - both level 4
    NtMiSt- both level 3
    SlLi- both level 4

Only C/B got a L4 on finnstep (1st with all key pts)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    CoC update (OT, I know, but we do like to keep up with how the judging is going!)
    B/S: tes 31.15 + pcs 34.55
    P/B: tes 28.77 + pcs 34.83

Protocols
    1fs - both level 3, kpYNY
    2fs - bs 2 kpNYN, pb 1 kpNNN (neg GOE)
    STw - both level 4
    NtMiSt- both level 3
    SlLi- both level 4

Only C/B got a L4 on finnstep (1st with all key pts)
    Thank you! It is okay. I love P-B and B-S as well

Ouch. That is low for P-B

What was the score for C-B? Actually, could you link to the protocols?

vCash
    Thank you! It is okay. I love P-B and B-S as well

Ouch. That is low for P-B

What was the score for C-B? Actually, could you link to the protocols?
    Here ya go! Should've added it anyway, haha. http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpchn2013/index.htm

C/B: tes 26.36 + pcs 30.41
    Finnstep 2 was only level 1 with no key pts.

vCash
    IMHO, it wasnt good skates from both teams today. PB look heavy, SS look slow and i dont like how they did music cut for this SS. And Natalie had mistake on lift dismaunt.
    BS lookes faster, but SD look like a work in progress.
    So tommorow will be another day.
    PCS is the same with WP. And sorry guys, but i am happy to see this after all this media wars againg WP in press with some coaches help.
    I think today score was correct.
    As for SD. We didnt know IJ SD yet, but in my opinion^
    1. VM
    2. CL
    3. WP
    From top teams.
    And i hope CB will not be faborits for silver at Nationals and it will be big fight between them, HD and Shibs.
    And Shpilband is in troubls now. How he will explane to French FS federation president, that Anna got 69 and Pechalat - 62. I wany yo see this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    Here ya go! Should've added it anyway, haha. http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpchn2013/index.htm

C/B: tes 26.36 + pcs 30.41
    Finnstep 2 was only level 1 with no key pts.
    Ouch did P/B get a levle 1 on their Finnstep? Imo even if P/B scores are so lowo V/M really need to be absolutely perfect for TEB no mistakes like at SC because P/B are at home at TEB and the french fed will obviously inflate their scores. And honestly scoring for Home GPs are always very generous (SA was EXTREMELY generous to D/W) same with SC. For the judge to give V/M +3 GOE for a botched lift is very genrous (perhaps that one judge thought Marina gave V/M D/w's terrible lift from their SD at SLC thats why they overscored it )
    Last edited by parapluies; 11-01-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast