View Poll Results: Can she medal in Sochi ?

Voters
265. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

201 75.85%
  • No

32 12.08%
  • 4th place

32 12.08%
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KimGOAT View Post
    I think a Russian mens bronze is possible. Other than Chan everyone has been inconsistent so far this season. I wouldnt favor a Russian man for a medal now (whoever that man is) but could see a surprise medal potentially all the same.
    I think it is possible too, just not very likely. You'll have to have 4 out of 6 (Chan, Takahashi, Fernandez ( though he has not been stellar, there's time), Hanyu, Ten, Machida/or Oda) make major mistakes and Kovtun to go clean in both programs with multiple quads. I won't speculate about Plushenko's chances, he's such a wild card.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    anyone find Julia's momentum like Tara Lipinski's ?
    lost at Nationals to Sotnikova, like Tara to Michelle

vCash
    Lip1 (Tara) + Lip2 (Yulia) = LIP-LIP-HOORAY!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

YEAH!
    vCash
    Really good momentum. Out of 12 programs completed this season the only bad one was the Rostelecom LP. Her Euros score is only a point lower than the inflated Nationals score.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Really good momentum. Out of 12 programs completed this season the only bad one was the Rostelecom LP. Her Euros score is only a point lower than the inflated Nationals score.
    It could be argued the Nationals scoring was purposely biased to the federation pet Sotnikova, so they did not inflate Julia's score and scored her just like an international, but instead inflated Sotnikova's and scored her on the usual whole different National inflation scale. I guess they knew Sotnikova to skate her best competition ever and still lose to Julia who had a mistake in the short program would destroy her, so they did what was neccessary to make sure that didnt happen and they would have 2 strong contenders, not just 1.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Yeah, you're probably right. I'm betting TAT will make sure Adelina gets to do the Team SP too.

vCash
    Lipnitskaia just got the second highest total score in figure skating history, if I am not mistaken.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Lipnitskaia just got the second highest total score in figure skating history, if I am not mistaken.
    didnt Yuna Kim scored 200+ a couple of times already ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    didnt Yuna Kim scored 200+ a couple of times already ?
    Yes, last year at Worlds.

vCash
    Lipnitskaya got 68 in PCS in Budapest and only 60 in PCS in Fukuoka just a months ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by care bear View Post
    Lipnitskaya got 68 in PCS in Budapest and only 60 in PCS in Fukuoka just a months ago.

but,Mao was at home and received inflated pcs to win over an almost perfect Julia. She better skate clean at sochi or kiss the gold medal goodbye,because is looking more and more like is Julia's turn. Her euros performance was TERRIFIC.

vCash
    I do not think that Asada was overscored in PCS.

vCash
    I hope this win does not put too much pressure on young Julia, especially skating in front of her home fans. Most others from her age group will have no pressure at all. I just hope she can skate well in all phases at the Olympics.

vCash
    Lip Lip Hooray

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crs View Post
    but,Mao was at home and received inflated pcs to win over an almost perfect Julia. She better skate clean at sochi or kiss the gold medal goodbye,because is looking more and more like is Julia's turn. Her euros performance was TERRIFIC.
    Julia's PCS came no where near 68 before Euros regardless of how or where she was skating. If anything, the scores on the gp series and final are generally fairer and scores are usually lower in comparison to later iSU events, like Worlds and Euros. The panel also has judges from outside of Europe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Absolutely no

One skater already set a few record before (228, 218, 210) I forgot her name, my bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HVS View Post
    Absolutely no

One skater already set a few record before (228, 218, 210) I forgot her name, my bad
    So Julia has the record for a 15 year old.

Not too shabby.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Julia is 2nd on the all time personal best scores list right now http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/pbslto.htm so if there are other better scores, they all come from Yu Na, and Yu Na can't win all the medals in Sochi, so I guess that bodes well for Julia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by care bear View Post
    Here one probably has to consider that the Russian Fed's pull is somewhat stronger on European panels than it is on global ones...at least I'd like to think that "skating while Russian" will not have the same benefits on global stages. That said, congrats to Lipnitskaya for a deserved title.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure the panel for Europeans has been global, just not Euro countries, since around 2000?

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast