View Poll Results: Can she medal in Sochi ?

Voters
265. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

201 75.85%
  • No

32 12.08%
  • 4th place

32 12.08%
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    No. She is not going to be youngest individual gold medalist even If she wins. Tara Lipinski with 15 years, 257 days is youngest (10 June 1982 - 22 February 1998) Julia can't broke that record, she is going to be 3 days older than Tara But Julia is going to be youngest gold medalist of figure skating with 15 years, 248 days (5 June 1998 - 9 February 2014) If Russia wins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...skating_by_age
    Interesting. Tara's individual record seems secure unless some day an even younger lady wins the individual OGM. It's possible but very improbable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabooke View Post
    Only IF Mao and Yuna aren't clean. If Mao hits the 3A she'd have beaten Julia.
    True.

I don't see Julia beating Yu na, even if Yu na makes one minor mistake. I think people will be happy to hear that Julia is not going to win the gold. I see a lot of panic here about it happening. I love Julia but I will be happy with a bronze or silver for her, and see her develop over the next 4 years into a great artist. She is already a great competitor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JJS5056 View Post
    ***SPOILER***

I am not sure if I am allowed to post this, otherwise I will edit it immediately.

***SPOILER***

However, Julia's scores in the team SP indicate that she is not just a contender for bronze, but for gold.

It's quite a shame, actually, because clean skates could've led to a deserved bronze and start to a promising career, but a gold here will forever be tainted by allegations. She scored 72, to Kostner's 70 and was only 1 point behind in PCS (tied with Mao's and beat Wagner's); this SP has always been the weaker of her two programs and is nowhere near the quality of Ave Maria or Chopin, and even Crazy Diamond deserves better PCS. If this pulled all 8's, what will a clean Schindler's list?

Sad to see Kostner at true peak as an artist and competitor finally being in the wrong side of favoritism within the scoring.
    I can only echo all of this. I won't snark, what is the points?

I'm sad for these games, I'm sad for the "sport", I'm sad for Lipnitskaia....most of all, I'm sad for her closest rivals such as Kostner and Asada.

It was such a pleasure to witness one of the all time greatest ladies short program's, and then to see it place second? I don't have the energy to wuzrob anymore.

Well done Russia, well done Politiks....you win.

vCash
    Julia's wonderful don't get me wrong but Carolina had an amazing and beautiful SP, she was at her absolute best and that was one of the best SP ever by a woman. She deserved it. I just don't understand it....well I do but maybe I don't want to.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    I will let JJS5056, poths, and sequins speak for me. ITA! Money and power have bought the results here, not the actual skating. I like Yulia, but no way does she have anywhere near the power or presence of a clean Carolina and to be given PCS only 1 point behind Kostner today is an absolute abomination of all human reasoning. Her PCS should have been behind all of Kostner, Asada, Wagner, and Osmond. Such a shame!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    I'm sad for these games, I'm sad for the "sport", I'm sad for Lipnitskaia....most of all, I'm sad for her closest rivals such as Kostner and Asada.
    Don't be sad for Lipnitskaya.

vCash
    Very dramatic. This is not Kostner's best short program, let alone one of the best ever.Peoples should watch other Kostner programs.Only good things in that program skating skills of her and she skated clean. Even step sequence doesn't have usual Kostner musicality. I'm fan of Kostner too, please.
    Last edited by elif; 02-08-2014 at 11:18 PM.

vCash
    People are overdramatizing. A clean short by Yu Na will score atleast 78 points (and yes I know the rules have changed since Vancouver, GOE reduction, one less element, but GOE and PCS have become more inflated, I am basing that off her Zagreb score with a fall) and blow Julia away, and a clean long will score atleast 10 points higher. Kim has atleast a 2 large error cushion over Julia, and Mao skating even close to cleanly will come out ahead too. Even a clean Sotnikova would probably beat her. A clean Kostner probably wont, as she just doesnt have the technical ability.

vCash
    I had a gut feeling that w/ the Olympics in Russia, we would see inflated scores for Lipnitskaya. We will probably see the same for Sotnikova. I think she has incredible talent, but she lacks the power and presence of Carolina, Mao and Yu Na, possibly Gracie.

vCash
    What I find most exciting about Julia is how easy it is to restate her programs as if they were episodes of Friends:

The One Where She Draws Hearts on the Ice
    The One Where She Survives the Holocaust

vCash

vCash
    I'm hoping for Mao to stand on top of the podium, but I really like Julia. The negativity towards her on FSU is a bit extreme. I recognize that she shouldn't have the PCS scores of skaters like Mao and Yuna, but she is fun to watch. I lost track of how many times I have watched Julia's long program. If these three skate clean, would I score Julia the highest? No, but it's her LP that I will be watching over and over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerobicidal View Post
    What I find most exciting about Julia is how easy it is to restate her programs as if they were episodes of Friends:

The One Where She Draws Hearts on the Ice
    The One Where She Survives the Holocaust
    FTW!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by irinayunafanatc View Post
    People are overdramatizing. A clean short by Yu Na will score atleast 78 points (and yes I know the rules have changed since Vancouver, GOE reduction, one less element, but GOE and PCS have become more inflated, I am basing that off her Zagreb score with a fall) and blow Julia away, and a clean long will score atleast 10 points higher. Kim has atleast a 2 large error cushion over Julia
    I'm a big Yuna fan myself but I can not this positive

Yuna will go ahead if clean for sure but with just a small margin (2-3pts), I guess

LP is another story however, if she clean I can see that she blew away her compititor in dust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    True.

I don't see Julia beating Yu na, even if Yu na makes one minor mistake. I think people will be happy to hear that Julia is not going to win the gold. I see a lot of panic here about it happening. I love Julia but I will be happy with a bronze or silver for her, and see her develop over the next 4 years into a great artist. She is already a great competitor.
    ITA!

Although what scares me for her future is that jump technique and puberty. Depending on what puberty does to her body in the next four years, that technique could become a major issue. Maybe it is just me, but I'm a stickler for proper technique. Especially when it comes to the ladies, because good technique can make the puberty transition easier.

vCash
    What is it about her jumping technique that is bad (over than the flutz of course)? I honestly don't know.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    What is it about her jumping technique that is bad (over than the flutz of course)? I honestly don't know.
    The double axel is bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseAugust View Post
    I'm hoping for Mao to stand on top of the podium, but I really like Julia. The negativity towards her on FSU is a bit extreme. I recognize that she shouldn't have the PCS scores of skaters like Mao and Yuna, but she is fun to watch. I lost track of how many times I have watched Julia's long program. If these three skate clean, would I score Julia the highest? No, but it's her LP that I will be watching over and over.
    Well said. I don't understand the hatred toward her either. I love watching her programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    The double axel is bad.
    It is small. She doesn't get much height on it. That doesn't necessarily make it 'bad'. A 'bad' axel would not be landed at all.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Her entrance into the 2A needs work. As do her SS but she has plenty of time to perfect herself.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast