vCash

Figures Tests and Pairs Tests

Hoping that some of the older/more experienced skaters here can answer a question for me. When figures were still part of testing, did pairs skaters have to take figure tests? I know that figures weren't part of the pairs tests, but I seem to recall that pairs skaters had to pass singles test levels to take certain levels of pairs tests, which would have meant they would have had to pass figures tests as well.

Any light that anyone can shed on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    This is hearsay so maybe not totally accurate, but an older coach told me that Pair tests did not require passing figures, but back then, it wasn't much concern because most Pair skaters were originally singles skaters who had to pass their figures.

vCash
    Thanks! I was hoping that someone or their coach had a long enough memory to remember how that worked.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I don't know about figure tests for pairs but they weren't part of pair competitions as far as I know.

vCash
    As someone who earned both thier Figure Test Gold medal and thier Pair test gold medal I can tell you that figures were not required for any level of pair test. I passed my Gold (Senior) Pair Test many years before my Gold (8th test) Figure Test.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmett View Post
    As someone who earned both thier Figure Test Gold medal and thier Pair test gold medal I can tell you that figures were not required for any level of pair test. I passed my Gold (Senior) Pair Test many years before my Gold (8th test) Figure Test.
    I guess that settles it Thank you for your expertise.

vCash
    Thanks, Emmett!