Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    If you can't be bothered to read people's posts, why should people be bothered to read yours?
    I think we all made a mistake in reading the first post & then responding to it. Don't feed the trolls .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    I doubt a medal, but if this season's competitions are anything to go by Verner could have a very decent end of the career with the worlds .

BTW, who are the men who retire after Sochi? Pluschenko, Verner... Joubert? Takahashi?
    Probably Chan (99% sure).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    I think we all made a mistake in reading the first post & then responding to it. Don't feed the trolls .
    Including me recently with Amodio.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Did you not bother to read any posts in this thread before writing the above?
    Ooooh, I lurves me some snarky Sylvia!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Ooooh, I lurves me some snarky Sylvia!
    That must be a first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Including me recently with Amodio.
    haha, yes! You didn't respond by saying "I won't read any articles because I just KNOW he's never leaving Morozov for good," though. Now you know how to troll better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    And you should stop embarrassing yourself by posting asinine comments like this one.
    This hasn't been designated as a thread for ubers or a cheer thread, so I don't have an issue with Jiazumi expressing her opinion. I love Thomas and would love nothing more than to see him have a great season. But, he has had some bad skates over the years that problem were very embarrassing to him, given how talented he is.

vCash
    And even when he landed his jumps at Cup of Nice, he fell on the step sequence. It's very frustrating to see him so easily lose his focus given how skilled he is.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Somehow I don't see Brian doing pairs, even if he tried. It's not that he's incapable of learning the elements, but when you're a singles skater for so long, depending only on yourself and suffering only from your mistakes, it's hard to suddenly become a part of a team. That, and Brian's strong personality.
    Add in he's not willing to move and Mama (Jou)Bear.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Maybe Joubert could skate pairs with Maman? I don't know, he just doesn't seem physically large enough for pairs. Maybe dance?

Although I've liked very little of his skating, I hope Joubert has a good ending to his eligible career.

Now, Tomas, he'd really be a good ice dancer, I think.

vCash
    I'm not going to get into definitions of trolling, but I don't think anyone's first amendment rights are relevant to a non-American, privately owned forum.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    Maybe Joubert could skate pairs with Maman? I don't know, he just doesn't seem physically large enough for pairs. Maybe dance?
    He's bigger than Szolkowy And much as I like Joubert, he certainly does not have the right skill set for ice dance.

Verner will be going back to school, so other than maybe some galas here and there, I think he has other career goals post-Sochi.

vCash
    I'm so excited to see him finding his form. Such perfect timing. Wish him to have a big moment come Sochi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Verner will be going back to school, so other than maybe some galas here and there, I think he has other career goals post-Sochi.
    He should totally give Fumie some advice on life after competing

Sorry, I just had to get it out of my system

Go Tomas!!!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post

He's bigger than Szolkowy And much as I like Joubert, he certainly does not have the right skill set for ice dance.
    Honestly, if Joubert had started in pairs like 8 years ago when he first said this, he might've been pretty good at it. Well, I'd still want him to be the 2007 singles champion, but it would've been interesting if he'd done some light pairs training while doing singles. Hell, even Jessica Dube did both at the same time. That could've been an easier way for him transition after Vancouver (he wuzrobbed of a medal in Nice though).

I wish Tomas the best, but I'll just die if he finishes FORTH again, so I'm not going to get my hopes up too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Yes, what I most remember of seeing Verner live, especially at practices and exhibitions, is his amazing charisma, and great skating skills. He truly has the talent to light up the rink and to charm the audience, and those edges and jumps, when done well, are a thing of beauty. Good luck Tomas!
    I've seen him a few times live. He's a charmer, and even more so off the ice. From what I heard, he won over a lot of female Chinese fans in the few times to CoC. He should do shows after retirement.

vCash
    Sorry wrong thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun Y View Post
    I've seen him a few times live. He's a charmer, and even more so off the ice. From what I heard, he won over a lot of female Chinese fans in the few times to CoC.
    Anyone know if he's still with Nathalie Pechalet off ice ? Nathalie/Fabian's last competition is definately olympics .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123