Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I think I'll fill her in on the Time War myself, bolstered with the tidbits mentioned/hinted at in Rose and Dalek. Just the thought of someone seeing Ten's regeneration at the end of The End of Time without getting to know him properly first... No. Does Not Work. And I'm not going to turn off the dvd just before Wilf starts knocking, either.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I'd actually forgotten the Time War was even mentioned in "Rose." (I haven't watched the Nine episodes as much as the Ten and Eleven ones.) Maybe I'll rewatch that one too before the 25th.

BTW, let us know if you successfully "convert" your friend -- I've been trying to work on a friend of mine (isn't that one of the definitions of a cult? Recruiting? ), but haven't been successful yet.

vCash
    It's mentioned when Nine is conversing with the Nestene Consciousness, though I can't remember exactly what he says.

I think she'll be converted; she's as geeky as I am (if not geekier), and we tend to like the same films, books, and comics. I find that, with Doctor Who, the trick is to get people to watch three episodes. If they're not hooked after that then they probably won't be hooked at all.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Just spotted on Amazon that they already have a release date for the DVD -- Dec 10. That's pretty fast! I guess they figure the longer they wait, the more likely that people will go the pirate route.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Just spotted on Amazon that they already have a release date for the DVD -- Dec 10. That's pretty fast! I guess they figure the longer they wait, the more likely that people will go the pirate route.
    In time for the Whovian on your Christmas list!

I'll be very interested to see what happens regarding the ratings and the pirate site downloading. I fully own to downloading Who in the past, but since they started showing them on the same day I stopped. Especially when we were also getting the full version instead of one cut down to fit the time slot, which was the more important reason that I was downloading.

vCash
    Check out today's Google Doodle!

(And be prepared to waste a lot of time!)

vCash
    D'oh! The US wuzrobbed of the Whoodle!
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    ^ Aw, that's a drag!

Here's what you're missing (not as fun without the interactive component, but gives you the gist).

vCash
    Actually, this might work (direct link to the Doodle ... maybe ...)

vCash
    I couldn't figure out what to do. I moved him a few inches, but that was it.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Man. The Doctor would have blown through all 13 of his lives in record time if I were always in control.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I couldn't figure out what to do. I moved him a few inches, but that was it.
    Yeah, I couldn't figure it out either ... til I watched the Youtube vid.

I'm still not going to be beating any record times, though!

vCash
    I'm terrible at this kind of stuff - which shows my non-video playing age - but it was kind of cool to get killed by Daleks and Cybermen.

So excited for tonight - Adventure in Time and Space and for tomorrow. I'd already bought tix for the Monday show at the theater when they announced that they were doing a simulcast in my area. It is, of course, sold out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    ... Adventure in Time and Space
    I really hope that one will be available online, since I don't get Space any more.

vCash
    Just ran across this extremely timely mashup: The Doctor Games.

vCash
    And another mini-episode is out: The Last Day. This one is available free from iTunes in North America, but our British cousins have to pay for it (I'm guessing because it's airing on BBC over here?)

vCash
    Had the best luck with Peter Davidson ( although Tom baker wasn't bad) got the GOOGLE in about 18 minutes... pretty shameful time, actually...that last one was very Indiana Jones and I had to go back to the 2nd switch, which took extra time..
    You just move by the squares and avoid the daleks, cybermen and traps.Yyou must hit the switches to move the rocks up and down or open gates n stuff. very 80's, reminded me of a combination of King's Quest and Qbert, without all the waiting for screens to load. Fun stuff..thanks for the direct link!

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    My daughter is a huge whovian.. I was a little kid hiding behind the couch from the daleks growing up in England in the late 60's and 70's..so I get a kick out of her being such a fan.. I'm doing a mad catch up ready for tomorrow.. just caught up on the last season.. now watching all the Dr. Who events on Space.. and have taped it all for her.. she is going to the movies on Monday up at her school where she lives - I'll make sure to get her the DVD for Xmas.. when we were in England this past summer she was gaga over David Tennent and his plays in Stratford (they have lots of memorabilia) and then was thrilled when she met one of the Directors who was friends with him..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    An adventure in space and time.. i LOVED this movie about how Dr. Who originated.. anybody else watching live today? I'm on chat with my family and friends in England who are watching it along with us in Canada..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast