Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    They should have all gone home!

ESPECIALLY Alyssa Mylano. Come back, Angela Lindvahl, all is forgiven!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The design is surely going to get modified quite heavily before manufacturing.
    Here it is -
    http://www.millyny.com/project-runwa...ore=default%2F

Original design -
    http://bloggingprojectrunway.blogspo...-at-milly.html

Not too different. They were able to put a zipper in the front like Seth Aaron originally wanted, albeit black, not silver.

vCash
    They did a good job of following Seth Aaron's design.
    I wonder how it will sell?

vCash
    I thought the pop of colour really made that dress. It looks so sad now.

vCash
    At least, they didn't remove the "pop of color", entirely.

vCash
    They should have all gone home!

ESPECIALLY Alyssa Mylano. Come back, Angela Lindvahl, all is forgiven!
    but she was so smooth working in that Who's the Boss reference

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    but she was so smooth working in that Who's the Boss reference
    I noticed that too. A Judith Light reference on PR.

vCash
    I actually think Alyssa is likeable. Just not in this role.

The most unfortunate thing is her (or the show's) stylist keeps putting her in outfits that make her look even more petite than she is. On a fashion show of all places.

I mean she's no Heidi Klum, but I totally had a crush on her growing up and she's still pretty.

vCash
    UN hosting the finale? WTF!
    I thought I brought this months up ago when the show started.

I guess it was supposed to be a secret...but Alyssa spilled the beans when we chatted.

Anyway, it's apparently a collection inspired by your country of origin, which made me think that Irina made the finale ... but I guess they have Elena and her cookie-cutter "Star Trek" dresses.

Hope Korto wins...she's always a bridesmaid.

vCash
    That theme for the finale is just perfect for Momolu! I hope she wins too.

Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    The most unfortunate thing is her (or the show's) stylist keeps putting her in outfits that make her look even more petite than she is. On a fashion show of all places.
    I really don't get it. Every week, when she walks out onto the runway, I laugh. I mean her styling is so bad, it looks like it's done on purpose.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 01-07-2014 at 12:17 PM.

vCash
    What the heck? Aside from Korto, Elena, and Irina, wasn't everyone else born in the US? And unless Seth-Aaron is a second-generation American (and can draw from parents' country of origin), he can just do whatever the hell he wants. Weird, and not great planning - what would they have done if there had been no reasonable way of avoiding an all-US finale?

And, come to think of it, what if your aesthetic as a designer doesn't really reference your "origins?" You have to completely rethink who you are as a designer for the "six days to make six looks" (or whatever ridiculous timeframe they're given) final mini-collection?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasmar View Post
    What the heck? Aside from Korto, Elena, and Irina, wasn't everyone else born in the US? And unless Seth-Aaron is a second-generation American (and can draw from parents' country of origin), he can just do whatever the hell he wants. Weird, and not great planning - what would they have done if there had been no reasonable way of avoiding an all-US finale?

And, come to think of it, what if your aesthetic as a designer doesn't really reference your "origins?" You have to completely rethink who you are as a designer for the "six days to make six looks" (or whatever ridiculous timeframe they're given) final mini-collection?
    You are right. As much as I love Momolu, this theme is basically hand-picked for her as her designs are influenced by her ethnic origins. Which isn't fair to the other contestants. Slivnyak isn't American but her design aesthetic is futuristic.

vCash
    I just want to reiterate that's how the theme was explained to me by Alyssa, so there might be some other components.

I'm assuming they had to book the U.N. well in advance, am I'm sure it wasn't "rigged" for non-natives. I guess we'll see how it plays out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    I just want to reiterate that's how the theme was explained to me by Alyssa, so there might be some other components.

I'm assuming they had to book the U.N. well in advance, am I'm sure it wasn't "rigged" for non-natives. I guess we'll see how it plays out.
    Well, I guess what she told me was somewhat accurate.

From an article posted yesterday the U.N. site:

"The United Nations is in fashion this winter. Fashionistas descended on the world body’s iconic New York Headquarters recently for the filming of the season finale of 'Project Runway All Stars,' – which airs tonight on Lifetime – where three finalists showcase original clothing lines inspired by their family heritages."

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.as...=#.Us7RT-KubjA
    Last edited by all_empty; 01-09-2014 at 04:53 PM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    there is absolutely no way seth aaron can win this, regardless of what he makes.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I didn't like it at all, and I usually love everything he does. Also hate the Ukranian one.

So Korto for the win?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    lol, what do i know?

i think his was better than the other two. bless georgina for pointing out that a lot of korto's was a mess.

more importantly - somewhere snooki is trying to get alyssa's outfit, someone in the wardrobe dept really hates her
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Most of the decisions made no sense, so there's no surprise of the final decision.

vCash
    I wish they'd have had more than 4 days to make a 6 piece collection. Korto had three really great looks and three that were absolute afterthoughts it seemed and I agreed that she should rethink her tailored looks. She doesn't do anything to transform them from their Liberian roots and make them look contemporary. Her three great looks were perfect for the QVC customer though, so I was kind of expecting it to go her way and was very surprised when it didn't.

Seth Aaron is the only one who put forward 6 distinct looks that showcased variety but also had a laser beam POV which is the mark of a mature designer. My guess is that the line the he designs for QVC will look nothing like what he designed on the show. He's gonna have to simplify quite a bit I think or maybe focus on accessories.

Elena's collection was super cool and modern but a tough sell on QVC. Not a practical piece in the entire collection from either a manufacturing standpoint or a wear-ability one, with the exception of the scarf dress which was super cute. Glad Victor told her to get a grip and we were spared a full melt down.

vCash
    I agree, none of them should have won. What a mess, who do they think would wear thoses clothes? The only clothes wearable for K's

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast