Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

vCash
    ^^^
    Whatever the reason, he certainly didn't look well.

vCash
    I am really disappointed that Irina is gone. I think she was one of the better designers there and thought she would win. If Elena ends up winning this thing, I will be ill. The QVC lady has had a bit too much plastic surgery! Her face was so tight, it was uncomfortable to look at her. I really like Viktor, but the timing of his AIDS admission was really weird. They have ten hours to make a red carpet gown, and he decides right then that he has to get that off his chest? Weird. That said, what an incredible burden for him to carry around. I wish the best for him. I was not a fan of any of the gowns this week, but Korto's last minute one was my favorite. I would have liked a different color, though.

That was the first I have heard of Tim Gunn's new show; I am going to have to do some research on that to see what it's about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy25 View Post
    That was the first I have heard of Tim Gunn's new show; I am going to have to do some research on that to see what it's about.
    Here's the most information I found:
    http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/life...ways-tim-gunn/

He's not leaving PR, thankfully!

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy25 View Post
    I am really disappointed that Irina is gone. I think she was one of the better designers there and thought she would win. If Elena ends up winning this thing, I will be ill. The QVC lady has had a bit too much plastic surgery! Her face was so tight, it was uncomfortable to look at her. I really like Viktor, but the timing of his AIDS admission was really weird. They have ten hours to make a red carpet gown, and he decides right then that he has to get that off his chest? Weird. That said, what an incredible burden for him to carry around. I wish the best for him. ...
    Mondo came to mind during that.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    Mondo came to mind during that.
    Yup. I guess I'm a real cynic, but I was thinking "I need more airtime. Right. HIV status worked before, why not now?"
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Yup. I guess I'm a real cynic, but I was thinking "I need more airtime. Right. HIV status worked before, why not now?"
    I assumed that was engineered by producers to provide drama. There are likely medical disclosures required for participation so they have probably known since his original season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Here's the most information I found:
    http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/life...ways-tim-gunn/

He's not leaving PR, thankfully!
    Thanks! I had not seen that particular article. I am not thrilled about Mondo being on this; I am not a fan. He is sooo critical of other designers whenever he is a guest judge on PR. He just rubs me the wrong way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    I assumed that was engineered by producers to provide drama. There are likely medical disclosures required for participation so they have probably known since his original season.
    It was just such odd editing. It came out of nowhere, then went nowhere. If one of my best friends told me that, I would be devastated. I would not want to get back to the workroom and finish my gown, which is what Elena suggested just minutes after finding out the news.

vCash
    I don't understand this decision at all. Luna made a poorly constructed, ill-fitting gown in a hideous colour that had way too many ideas for one garment. It was a mess. He was the worst by far, IMO.

Shabayeva made a wedding dress that was too tight and ripped, yes. But it did look stunning and elegant (whilst Luna's to me had no redeeming features) and she's been a very consistent, solid designer always putting out high quality work.

As for Luna's confession, it seemed staged by the producers in a very heavy-handed manner.

P.S. What was Milano wearing?
    Last edited by Ziggy; 12-16-2013 at 09:29 AM.

vCash
    I agree with Ziggy's entire post.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    alyssa milano has never looked so unfortunate. that view of the shorts in the back is just no. and they have shown it over and over, maybe they dont like her either.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Can we send her home?
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    I liked Christopher's dress best.
    I'm glad he stood up for himself.

Why has Nina decided that she doesn't like him?
    Is it because she can't imagine clothes that aren't "severe", or is there something else?

For an arbiter of "style and taste" she seems to lack same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Is it because she can't imagine clothes that aren't "severe", or is there something else? For an arbiter of "style and taste" she seems to lack same.
    Maybe it was the green. All of a sudden, everyone hates green.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I thought this All Star Season was going to be set up for a Victor win since he's the most "wuz robbed" second place other than Mondo. And then he got the Mondo edit. And then he kind of imploded. Not that his outfit was bad.

Seth Allen hasn't really done anything great has he? Nothing I can recall.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I thought Christopher used that green in a way that wasn't dreary, unlike most attire using "military" colors.

vCash
    These designers learned nothing from their seasons if they didn't realize ninagarcia always gets her way. They should have all made little pantsuits for her.

vCash
    I really thought Christopher was going to go because all the judges seem to dislike his dress. I was wanting both of them to stay, To bad one had to go cause both of them have put out some great things a few times.
    I must say Elena seems to have learned a lot since her season. I hated her and her clothes her first time around.

vCash
    Victor was way past his expiration date, so I'm glad he and his fugly fan are off my screen.

I'm a huge green fan, but Christopher's trench made the blogger look huge. And if the challenge is to showcase orchid, don't just add a clutch in the color. Ninagarcia's death stare was pretty awesome.

Elena's jacket was wrong for her blogger's body type.

vCash
    This was an interesting challenge (and a great way to force color-phobic designers to actually use a color). Maybe it was my TV screen (or my computer screen) but their version of radiant orchid seemed a little pinker than pantone's (which seems more purple)

http://www.pantone.com/pages/index.aspx?pg=21130

Korto had this won hands down. The only drawback to her look was the focus-pulling footwear than her model supplied. I agree that Elena's jacket was wrong for her particular (tiny) model. It's busy, sculptured, voluminous. You need to be a very tall skinny model to pull that off without looking like its devouring you. Very cool though.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast