Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    It's All-Stars. Did it ever have credibility?

vCash
    The show can at least pretend!

vCash
    Some of the designers seem to need the "boost" they believe their careers receive by participating.

vCash
    Best runway so far. Some great clothes were made. My favorites were Irina, Jeffrey and Seth Aaron. I'd have auffed Victor. That lapel? Fringe? WTF?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    ita best so far. i'm ok with auffing michael. i think he's had more misses than hits and his jacket reminded me of something jermaine jackson would have worn back when he was singing with pia zadora.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Indeed.

He tended toward "costume" looks.
    However, I doubt that he really cared about the judges' opinion,

vCash
    I thought Irina was the clear winner. Her design was SO 1930's inspired. I liked Jeffrey's look, but it was more 1920's than 1930's. But I KNEW he would win, as the show had to justify him still being there.

vCash
    I'm not sure how Seth Aaron made bottom 3? Crack smoking judges. Jeffrey was not #1. Poor Irina has been robbed twice now.

But to seeing Holliday Grainger on my screen. Wish she was a guest judge instead of Bar.

vCash
    Am I the only one who thinks making clothes for a cartoon character is the moment that the PR franchise jumps the shark?

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Well, PR has designed for Miss Piggy....
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    yeah i still think miss piggy was an all time low. i remember the designers had to talk to the puppet or take critiques from the puppet. i get it was for a show but i would have rolled my eyes until i blinded myself.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    yeah i still think miss piggy was an all time low. i remember the designers had to talk to the puppet or take critiques from the puppet. i get it was for a show but i would have rolled my eyes until i blinded myself.
    Not saying that wasn't bad, but at least they do put actual physical clothing on the puppet. This challenge could end when they are done sketching.

vCash
    Ick. Thanks for the reminder to skip this week. Dammit! this show makes me angry.

vCash
    I am catching up and having finished repulsive Season 12, I've just watched the first episode of All Stars 3 and I was positively surprised with the level of craftsmanship. They are all good. In the end Ari was sent home for something which was an extremely successfully developed piece of clothing. It just lacked style. I felt that I disagreed a lot with the judges. The winning jacket looked like a clown's outfit. Esquivel's 'design' was just . I guess that's meant to happen though when the level is so high and there are no obvious terrible designers.

Jeffrey Sebelia makes me a little sad. When he did the All Stars Challenge, the clothes he made were terrible and whilst he was on top for the first challenge, I wasn't impressed with his look at all. It looked sloppy and trashy, IMO.

Most importantly, however, WHY IS DANIEL ESQUIVEL BACK?

He not only has no taste whatsoever, he's also the most annoying designer to be ever featured on Project Runway. I'd rather be stuck in a room with Ken and Helen than be anywhere near that pretentious, delusional buffoon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

Most importantly, however, WHY IS DANIEL ESQUIVEL BACK?

He not only has no taste whatsoever, he's also the most annoying designer to be ever featured on Project Runway. I'd rather be stuck in a room with Ken and Helen than be anywhere near that pretentious, delusional buffoon.
    I read your response as 'pretentious, delusional bottom. After I vomited, and then realized what you really wrote, I felt better.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    I disagree with your comments regarding Sebelia not being sent home in the first four episodes. Esquivel has zero taste and nothing interesting to say. Fleis has nothing interesting to say. Their clothes were neither great, nor tragic. They were just pointless. Which makes them worse than Sebelia's tragic garments. At least Sebelia was trying to do something different and interesting, even though it obviously failed. As far as episode four goes, I was expecting him to go but then Knight presented an unfinished garment which was mostly a lot of paper sheets glued together so... By episode five, he redeemed himself proving he still had it in him.

It's quite sad how weak this show is in comparison to Project Runway. Georgina Chapman is one judge who can be good, capable of giving specific feedback. I remember her giving great comments about things like fit, construction, finish, proportion and so on. She's been a bit of a non-presence this season though. Mizrahi is just mad and not in a good way. His idiosyncratic comments are neither funny, nor constructive. Roberts Rassi has zero constructive criticism to give (eg. it's nice, it's not nice, don't be safe) and I don't understand what her role on the show is (well I do, promoting Marie Claire). Alyssa Milano tries to be direct but she lacks personality and charisma and doesn't have anything interesting to say. What a mess.

In episode two, Sebelia's fall from grace was even more painful. It's not just that he created a cheap piece of crap, even more depressing was the fact that he felt really proud of it. Esquivel created something not only hideous but something hideous made from fabric, which looked like old cheap curtains. Well done. The judges' comment about his taste level was spot on. Sending him home was the right decision.

Again, I didn't understand the admiration of Slivyak's garment. I though it looked very cheap. Knight's dress was ok but I thought that it was Shabayeva that stole the show and was the clear winner. A bold design, beautifully executed.

Seeing almost naked models trying on the first versions of the dresses in episode three made me feel worse than Joseph Stalin for watching this show. Nobody this emaciated, with ribs clearly sticking out, should be allowed on the runway, so well done fashion industry for encouraging and enabling that.

Victor blew me away with his cocktail dress. Beautiful silhouette, interesting print. Shabayeva had something very sharp and polished as usual.

The judges got the bottom three spot on. Sebelia's grave deepened with that grandma dress. I love Korto deeply but her dress just looked cheap and lacked inspiration. Melissa Fleis seemed like a last minute addition after the producers could not obtain who they actually wanted. She has nothing interesting or original to say. Again, a right decision to send her packing.

In episode four, Christopher's dress just blew me away. It was so beautiful, the shapes were incredible. Slivnyak's dress was well constructed but too safe and too similar to what she's shown in the past. Viktor's was stunning. I would have given the win to Christopher as well.

Korto messed up the execution but there was a cool idea behind it and I loved the neck part. Knight's was a disaster but what he did manage to finish (the bodice made out of rope) was beautiful. Sebelia... He's really giving a washed up heroin addict vibe by this point. Very sad.

Episode five was a great runway. Sebelia redeemed himself to an extent with a well constructed coat, although it made me miss his previous crazy designs. Henderson's look was super sharp. I loved the silhouette although I agree it was overdesigned. Shabayeva's look was ok. It's incredible how fast she can work. Three well made pieces. Knight's taste level was again . That jacket was just hideous. Momolu and Slivnyak were the best pair, IMO and I was pissed off when it was revealed they were only safe. The Bonnie look was simple but polished. The Clyde look was just 10/10. It was Korto at her best. Great construction, interesting and different without being over-the-top. Palu and Luna were the worst team. Palu's dress was ok and I loved the belt and the detail in the back but I thought it was too simple. Luna made a clown suit (although admittedly, it was very well constructed).

To me, Momolou was a winner by a mile and Knight was the worst by far. Both the jacket and the trousers were ill-fitting and it looked like a cheap costume.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    ziggy i love that you know all their last names. i never even consider that they have them, like mouseketeers or strippers.

vCash
    Sorry to rant, but just watched the Bonnie/Clyde-inspiration again, and I'm so upset over the comments about Irina's jacket ("too exaggerated"). They shouldn't have judges who know nothing about the inspiration of the competition. Marlene Dietrich, Joan Crawford, Carole Lombard...google the images of these 1930s icons, and it was all about exaggeration. She did such an awesome job.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I am DVR'ing tonight's episode. I just can't turn off the train-wreck that is this live version of "The Sound of Music."
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    I am DVR'ing tonight's episode. I just can't turn off the train-wreck that is this live version of "The Sound of Music."
    do you hiss when the baroness enters a scene?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast