Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

vCash
    That isn't one of the shades of orchid I prefer.
    It certainly won't be my color of 2014!

vCash
    I hated the white pants outfit. I'm not getting this season.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonita View Post
    I hated the white pants outfit. I'm not getting this season.
    i thought it made the girl in it look like she was built like a fire hydrant, that thing over the stomach that fanned out like a slinky.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Coming back to the previous week, I am convinced that the producers jumped at the opportunity to get rid of Shabayeva. She's a robot. No emotions, always turns out high quality work, not getting involved in any drama. And that doesn't make good TV. When she made a wedding dress that ripped, they could justifiably get rid of her and they did.

The fact Luna made an awful outfit again added insult to injury. He should have gone last week and this week he's proven he didn't deserve to be there. Meh. At least he's finally gone.

I thought that everybody other than Momolu missed the mark.

Momolu made a very chic, polished, well executed power suit with a feminine, soft twist. Obviously right up Garcia's street. She should have won her season, she should have won the All Star Challenge and I hope she can finally get her win now. Out of all the designers left in the competition, she's the one consistently turning out best quality work. Shabayeva could definitely give her a run for her money but thanks to the production team, that isn't going to happen now.

I thought Slivnyak was second best because her jacket was very interesting and it stood out. But I agree that it wasn't well suited to the model's body type.

Henderson's dress was ok. It was well executed and looked quite sharp but . Nothing new or exciting about it.

Luna and Palu were both awful and as far as I am concerned they could have both gone home.

Palu's coat-dress made his model look huge. It swamped her (SWAMPED, geddit?), it was too much. Bog spirit cosplay.

Luna did a motorcycle jacket and a 50s dress. For a new trend challenge. They didn't go together, the proportions were off. To me, it looked like the model threw on two random pieces from her closet.

vCash
    I thought Christopher's idea was interesting and he was the one designer who actually thought about something new and different that might trend for 2014. The execution was a little sloppy, and I agree editing was in order, but at least he did something different. I think the same about Elena.

Why do we care what the Panetone color is for 2014? And who the hell wants to wear that color on anything but your nails? That's a hard shade of pinky-purple mess to pull off effectively. I liked Christopher's little FU-clutch to that. He should be given bonus points for not using it.

I did think with the confines of the challenge, Kortu was the right winner. Though in my personal opinion there are reasons why you don't find white business suits for women. I don't know ANY woman who would buy one. White is not flattering on most skin tones and it's a horribly impractical color to wear. It shows every speck of dust and every crease is magnified.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    I expected to love Christopher's dress - I loved the color and thought the lace over the trench was a great idea. But man was it a mess in the end. Too puffy, misshapen, horrible hemline, weird proportions. But I thought it went great with radioactive orchid. As much as anything would, anyway.

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    alyssa milano has never looked so unfortunate. that view of the shorts in the back is just no. and they have shown it over and over, maybe they dont like her either.
    I think her outfit was designed by guest judge Christian Siriano.
    Crows and Eville SQUIRRELS love peanuts!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    but it wasnt even black
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    It looks like the stylists deliberately want to make Milano look even shorter.

vCash
    What was the trend Kortu was predicting?

Elena's jacket looked like it should be on a football field playing a tuba or something.

vCash
    In the "Home" section of my Sunday newspaper (last week), they had a list of "what's in and what's out" for decorating the home in 2014. That orchid color was "in" for furniture and accent color. Yikes! Why would anyone put that in their home??

I personally loved the lacy military dress and wish it had been fitted better. As a redhead, I love wearing green and don't know where the idea of "green doesn't sell" come from. They're right, though, you never see it on the cover of magazines. You couldn't pay me to wear a white suit.

vCash
    Oh god, I almost died waiting for the final result of the ninth episode...

I am so glad that Momolu has made it. I do agree that the dress she has made definitely was bottom two. One of her weakest and least inspiring creations this season. It would feel very frustrating if she went over that though, given she was arguably the strongest designer overall so far. Fortunately her one hour challenge look was fabulous.

Palu's dress had a great idea behind it but the execution wasn't so good.

Henderson and Slivnyak both did really well although I agree that his dress was a bit overdesigned and hers needed a white zipper.

UN hosting the finale? WTF!

vCash
    I'm sorry for Christopher.

I didn't care for Korto's dress at all.
    It wasn't worthy to send anyone to a place in the finale, IMO.

vCash
    I have to wonder if the QVC aspect is playing into who made the finals. Korto's clothes would fit very well with their normal line up.

Thrilled to see Christopher and his fringe finally go home, he should have gone weeks ago (yep, still bitter here about Irina being auffed). That said, The Beautiful Georgina Chapman saying "I don't know who you are as a designer" was baffling. She missed 5 or 6 freaking shows.

I hate Elena's outfits - they all look the same and would only look good on stick figures.

to Seth Aaron winning this challenge. About freaking time. Guess Milly didn't want Elena's elephant ears/dog pee in snow outfit on her website?

vCash
    I have to wonder if the QVC aspect is playing into who made the finals. Korto's clothes would fit very well with their normal line up.
    Very true!

Seth Aaron is one of the most gifted designers ever to appear on PR.
    I wonder why it took so long for him to come to the forefront on All-Stars?

vCash
    If I had the figure, I would wear Seth Aaron's dress in a second. However, I would not pay $400 for it. That does not fit into my "ready to wear" budget. I thought his dress fit the Milly line perfectly. I agreed that Christopher had to go, but I REALLY dislike Elena. Her dress was well-made, but unattractive; it did not fit the Milly style at all. Seth Aaron's hair bugs the heck out of me (superficial, I know), but he is so talented. I am hoping he wins it all, with Korto second, then Elena.

vCash
    Seth Aaron winning made no sense at all. His outfit has to be tailor-made to fit the person's body (and wouldn't look right unless tailor-made for a young, slim woman). Definitely not ready-to-wear/off-the-rack.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    most winning designs are for a select clientele though

who would you have made the winner?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    Seth Aaron winning made no sense at all. His outfit has to be tailor-made to fit the person's body (and wouldn't look right unless tailor-made for a young, slim woman). Definitely not ready-to-wear/off-the-rack.
    The design is surely going to get modified quite heavily before manufacturing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    who would you have made the winner?
    Nobody, and all 4 should have participated in the one-hour challenge.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast