Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That's cool seeing Johnny in the audience at ABT, Jubak!

I thought Johnny and Terry were good as usual on this afternoon's GP broadcast. Several comments by Johnny I agree with and appreciate his perceptive points of view expressed with honesty and respectfulness. More later on my thoughts.

Ha ha, re Twitter punctuation policing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Johnny is a pleasure to listen to. I watch skaters I am not usually interested in just to hear his commentary. It's always interesting, informative and considerate.
    totally agree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    That's cool seeing Johnny in the audience at ABT, Jubak!

Johnny and his husband are good friends with Daniil Simkin who is a dancer with ABT, Victor tweeted that they had dinner with him after the performance.

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    Johnny really shines as a commentator! I often find myself in agreement with his views. Keep up the great work!

vCash
    Oh thanks for that tidbit, judiz. I used to enjoy seeing famous dancers, choreographers and other notable people in the audience at dance events, plays, and even the movies when I lived in New York.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Johnny and his husband are good friends with Daniil Simkin who is a dancer with ABT, Victor tweeted that they had dinner with him after the performance.
    Daniil is fabulous! An amazing dancer. I wonder if he's a figure skating fan- if so, I wonder if he lurks or posts here? Before he was a professional he posted on one of the ballet-dancer boards I frequent. People used to think he was lying when he'd mention the turns he was doing until he finally posted videos. No one was surprised, but everyone was thrilled when he made it big.

vCash
    I must say I think it's criminal that NBC doesn't show at least the top 3 Ice Dance performances, especially at events where Meryl and Charlie compete. Not even a mention or a highlight of M&C's absolute brilliance in an Olympic year!!!

vCash
    Johnny and Victor's friend posted this picture of them at dinner with Daniil: http://instagram.com/p/gevh1iqzur/

vCash
    I caught the very end of the ladies competition on tv today and was impressed! He commented on all aspects of the performance in a very even-keel manner. I can't wait to hear his comments/analysis in future comps.

vCash
    Is he paid by the word?
    Morry Stillwell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry Stillwell View Post
    Is he paid by the word?

Would rather listen to Johnny than have to put up with Scott's screaming every time a skater hangs on to a landing.

vCash
    I cracked up today when he said something would hold the skater in good stead. Studying the master, I see!

The attempts at banter between him and Terry can get awkward, but hopefully that will improve.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    I cracked up today when he said something would hold the skater in good stead. Studying the master, I see!

The attempts at banter between him and Terry can get awkward, but hopefully that will improve.
    For so long Terry commented on Johnny's skating and now I have to wonder if every time Terry says something, Johnny remembers when Terry was making similar comments about him.

on my couch awaitin' Figure Skating season
    vCash
    Judiz, god, me too. As much as I respect Scott the skater & human being, I cannot bear his commentary. Much prefer Johnny, and people have to remember that this season is his first full out commentary.

On ABT, Daniil is a wonderful dancer. He was really special in "The Tempest". I saw him also playing the young son last year in "Month in the Country" (or is it week?) too lazy to look it up. Anyway, he pretty much stole the show, which is tough against a ballet god like Robert Bolle.

"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Would rather listen to Johnny than have to put up with Scott's screaming every time a skater hangs on to a landing.
    While I agree with this sentiment, would still rather everybody just shut up and let me enjoy the skating...

And if Terry talks all through Josh's Schindler's List step sequence at CoR too I will NOT be happy.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry Stillwell View Post
    Is he paid by the word?
    I was wondering the same thing. Where is Skate Canada Johnny? Respectfully quiet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Where is Skate Canada Johnny? Respectfully quiet.
    Probably being yelled at by producers to talk more.

I'm just happy he is talking and not grunting.

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Probably being yelled at by producers to talk more.
    This is what I'm thinking too. It's like they are urging him to use his personality to sell the broadcast rather than allowing the skating to sell the broadcast. Terry talks way more than Johnny does and if anyone needs to be encouraged to be quieter, it is Gannon, even though I do like them both. The old adage "less is more" holds true in this scenario though.

I'm just happy he is talking and not grunting.
    So true! I cannot stand Hamilton's commentary. And at least Weir's speaking voice is quieter than Scott's.

vCash
    I almost squeed when I heard him say that. (I actually came to this thread this morning to see if anyone else would mention it.) All in all, really excellent work by JW.

vCash
    So far, I've been impressed. No commentary would be my preference, but if we must have PBP, let it be Johnny and Tara rather than Scott and Sandra.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast