Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm wondering if Johnny is being groomed by NBC to eventually replace Scott. Scott may be thinking of retiring or at least not travelling overseas any longer.

vCash
    ^I certainly hope so! So excited for this new opportunity for Johnny. I miss his skating, but I'm so glad that he'll be a part of the NBC Olympic coverage. Now, how to boot Hamilton and Bezic out...

vCash
    Are they going to let him bling up his NBC jacket?
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Yes! I love his commentary!
    Honey badger don't care!
    LOL I'v always thought Randall from the Honey Badger videos sounded and reminded me of Johnny too.

vCash
    And please NBC get rid of Tom Hammond and replace him with Terry Gannon and you'll have a broadcasting team people will want to hear. As people are saying it's time for some new blood.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nickerspoodle View Post
    Wonder if he'll be paired with Tara Lipinsky....They did a great job previously.
    I live in fear of more Tara. I don't get the love

But I am working on my drinking game if she gets the job. (One sip for every giggle, one gulp for every "when I skated" and down the drink for every reference to her as "the youngest Olympic champion" Only problem is I may be drunk very early LOL!)

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    That article from Johnny was lovely - particularly the parts about his mom.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post

But I am working on my drinking game if she gets the job. (One sip for every giggle, one gulp for every "when I skated" and down the drink for every reference to her as "the youngest Olympic champion" Only problem is I may be drunk very early LOL!)
    OK, had to laugh here and it was too early for me to give you rep again. Hopefully Johnny can tone down Tara's "me, me, me" and Tara can keep Johnny out of la-la (or should I say "Gaga") land. Still think this will work out well just based on their energy together
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Johnny has shown in the past that he can tone it down such as at US Nationals 2012 during the Men's competition. As for Tara's "me me me" i'm not so sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post

Jesus, Joseph and Mary Lou Retton, we get it. You don't like Tara. You're a Kwan devotee and you can't stand the girl who beat her for the ultimate gold medal. Got it. Got it. Got it 5,000 posts ago. Now go buy a calendar that doesn't read 1998 anymore.

Back to Johnny, lovely article. It made me teary-eyed. Very well-written and brimming with class. He'll make a fine addition to NBC.
    Last edited by fenway2; 10-23-2013 at 09:19 PM.

vCash

From one of my previous posts in a recent Johnny thread:
    See ya in Sochi, Johnny (I hope in the broadcast booth or somewhere with a microphone)!!!

My wish come true. Johnny's commentary from 2011 U.S. Nationals was a keeper and worth hearing more than once. He received kudos from some of the skaters too for his wit and insights. Congrats, Johnny! Perhaps your stint in Sochi on NBC might turn out to be the most fun you ever had at an Olympics.

Na zdorovie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    Just had a chance to read this beautifully written and heartfelt piece. Thanks for the memories, indeed.
    Thank you, Johnny!
    He is a terrific writer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Thank you, Johnny!
    He is a terrific writer.
    He's terrific all the way around. I'm very happy for him.

vCash

Johnny Weir joining NBC as skating analyst

So happy Johnny will be joining the broadcast team, looking forward to watching him in Sochi, I wonder if NBC may consider sending him to Boston as well?

vCash
    Bringing in Johnny/ Tara/ Tanith is a great move by NBC. Young, eloquent, sharp people who are experts in the sport (and who are also glamorous and opinionated, which should entertain the public). Looking forward! I am sure we'll all disagree with them a thousand times, but it's part of the fun.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Well, blind Freddie could see this one coming. After all the hype, all the "I'm going to skate in Sochi!", of course he's retired. It was blindingly obvious from the moment his SP finished at CoR last year.

What happens about the money that was donated to him (after he begged shamelessly for it on Twitter) that was supposed to go to his training expenses? I think they should be entitled to a refund.

And it's funny that he mentions "champions know when to retire" well, you didn't, Johnny, because your time was four years ago, not now.

vCash
    ^^^
    Your bias is showing!

vCash
    Now that he's an NBC analyst, Johnny rates his own skating outfits. Hint: he loves them all...

http://www.today.com/style/i-looked-...yle-8C11448547

Talk about fluff.

vCash
    Haven't read the thread, just read the news, and my immediate thought was Johnny's selection was probably based on his potential to fill the void left by Mr. Button ~ cerebral, witty, sarcastic at times, funny, and knowledgeable. Congratulations, Johnny!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Well, blind Freddie could see this one coming. After all the hype, all the "I'm going to skate in Sochi!", of course he's retired. It was blindingly obvious from the moment his SP finished at CoR last year.

What happens about the money that was donated to him (after he begged shamelessly for it on Twitter) that was supposed to go to his training expenses? I think they should be entitled to a refund.

And it's funny that he mentions "champions know when to retire" well, you didn't, Johnny, because your time was four years ago, not now.
    For the record, Johnny said he would BE in Sochi...he didn't say he would compete there.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast