Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I wonder why USFS hasn't been sending anywhere near as many men as they have been ladies to international events.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I wonder why USFS hasn't been sending anywhere near as many men as they have been ladies to international events.
    Fewer elite men total?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    It's possible that USFS has been willing but either due to injuries, schedule conflicts or other reasons, the men they've contacted aren't interested. I do think it's odd that Carriere hasn't been given a second Senior B. And Keegan Messing is missing in intl action...not sure what's going on with him. Some, like Mroz, maybe be on a trajectory that USFS doesn't think merits sending out this fall.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I only noted those two Senior B's after Nationals because pinky166 wrote that 4C's was the only international between US Nats and the Olympics. Since USFS said that no US Olympic athletes would be going to 4C's, she'd have to go to one of the other two if she's not scheduled for one before US Nats, and she makes the Olympic team.

I don't think this is likely, but it is possible.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    The 3 Senior men in the ISP who competed in a major summer club comp. but were not assigned to a Senior B this fall are:

Tim Dolensky 190.88 (126.35 FS) Skate Detroit (DNQ for 2013 Nationals)
    Keegan Messing 189.77 (127.02 FS) Glacier Falls (16th at 2013 Nationals)
    Brandon Mroz 181.97 (118.95 FS) Glacier Falls (9th at 2013 Nationals; did not skate well in placing 4th at Gardena Spring Trophy in April 2013)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    There were already three international events where the US has sent skaters but no men. Those three were shafted.

vCash
    What happens if a spot opens at Russian GP and the Russian Fed wants to invite Hicks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    What happens if a spot opens at Russian GP and the Russian Fed wants to invite Hicks?
    See my post upthread. Leonova is out of NHK and it coincides with the time frame for Ice Challenge (not sure if this spot will be left open or has been used, but Hicks was a candidate for replacement). IMO, it's ridiculous the USFSA is sending Hicks to Ice Challenge. They should have kept her in reserve for the GP series and sent one of the Midwestern gals to Ice Challenge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Wouldn't she just withdraw from Ice Challenge?

vCash
    Yeah I just assume she'd withdraw from Ice Challenge.

vCash
    Since NHK is only 11 days away, they are not obligated to fill this slot. I think no one will be assigned to replace Leonova.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    The GP Announcement doesn't say that they are not obligated to fill the spot. It doesn't address the period of 8-13 days before the Team Leaders Meeting, the period we're in now.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12