Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CantALoop View Post
    Isn't this "Big Five" personality traits instead of Myers-Briggs? Either way, birds of a feather do flock together...and crazy seems to attract crazy
    Yes, it's the Big Five (OCEAN). I don't know if the error was Florida's or whoever came up with the title, but while there are some correlations between the two, they are not the same.

The "which state you belong in" test is apparently based on a few items from the big five inventory.

I looked over the JPSP article presenting the actual research. They had two samples in which participants did the big five, two that did a ten-item version with sometimes iffy reliability (this may be the same test used in the "which state" test?), and one that completed a different measure. It's really not my field of expertise so I can't comment on the research itself, but I was surprised that the authors did not discuss possible limitations of their work.

Anyway, I got New Mexico. I don't think I belong there.

vCash
    I got Oregon.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Utah - which is kind of funny, because when we went to Utah for Adult Nationals a few years ago, I remarked to my Mom that I could see myself living in Salt Lake City if I ever wanted to get out of Michigan.

vCash
    Montana - probably because of my quiet, independent streak. Haven't ever been there, but with Glacier National Park, I think I would be happy. However, I do like big cities so....

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Apparently I should have Georgia on my mind. I did take a vacation to Atlanta in the 90's once...
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    I also got Georgia. Peter, I guess we'd get along pretty well together over there!
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    I got Georgia as well.
    THREESOME!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Vermont

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12