Banned Member
    vCash

Has Sasha Cohen ever skated a clean "Romeo and Juliet" in amateur competition?

Has Sasha Cohen ever skated a clean "Romeo and Juliet" in amateur competition?

Cause I can't seem to find it anywhere on Youchube.

vCash
    I don't think so. Off the top of my head, her only clean free skate I can recall was the 2003 GP Final (which she won), but that was her Rach 2 program.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    I don't think so. Off the top of my head, her only clean free skate I can recall was the 2003 GP Final (which she won), but that was her Rach 2 program.
    Yeah, I thought so. Shame, because it was such a magnificent program. (*le sigh)

vCash
    At 2006 Nationals, wasn't it clean?

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    At 2006 Nationals, wasn't it clean?
    I just saw it. She stepped out on two jumps.

vCash
    because it was such a magnificent program.
    One thing about Sasha was that her falls seemed almost random. She wasn't one who those skaters who regularly messed up a given jump or even her hardest jump. She could regularly land all her different triples, just not all of them in one skate. Maybe you can collect as many versions of that program as you can find and edit them together to make a clean program.

Banned Member
    vCash
    One thing about Sasha was that her falls seemed almost random. She wasn't one who those skaters who regularly messed up a given jump or even her hardest jump. She could regularly land all her different triples, just not all of them in one skate. Maybe you can collect as many versions of that program as you can find and edit them together to make a clean program.
    Her facial expressions were so on it for these "Romeo and Juliet" programs.

Oh, I'm so video-illiterate...and lazy.

vCash
    Yeah, I always enjoyed Sasha's Rach. http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/S...yuhheRsLll.jpg . Rest of her ain't bad either, programs, that is.
    Last edited by Jot the Dot Dot; 11-19-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot View Post
    Yeah, I always enjoyed Sasha's Rach. http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/S...yuhheRsLll.jpg . Rest of her ain't bad either, programs, that is.
    Good Lord, I thought that was a still picture of her skating to Rach. lol ...Has she always had those boobies? I mean, I didn't see them during the 2006 Olympics. (Damn, I just depressed thinking about those Olympics)

vCash
    She didn't which was such a shame as it was a gorgeous program and easily one of her best works ever.

vCash
    I think she just wasn't that strong a jumper and her jump technique was not that good, so her ratio on each jumps was probably only 75% which made a clean long program with 7 or 8 jumps planned unlikely. I don't think she was a nervous skater, as there were skaters with way better jump technique than her who missed many more jumps per competition.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KimGOAT View Post
    I think she just wasn't that strong a jumper and her jump technique was not that good, so her ratio on each jumps was probably only 75% which made a clean long program with 7 or 8 jumps planned unlikely. I don't think she was a nervous skater, as there were skaters with way better jump technique than her who missed many more jumps per competition.
    I agree with that.

vCash
    I don't think she was a nervous skater
    I think she was, but in a unique way. As you said some of her jump technique was not the best, but she usually managed a clean first couple minutes (and usually clean short programs). In the free, it was like the longer she skated clean the more the pressure built, until she cracked. I think the jump she messed up most often was actually the 3 toe.

She did make early errors in her 2006 Olympic skate, but she was skating with an injured thigh, so that's a little different case.

vCash
    I don't think she was nervous either. I have always thought that she was too talented, and let her mind wander while she was skating.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    I know it's not the same, but she did quite a few clean programs of her exhibition version before she made it a competitive program (example: 2003 Worlds EX: http://youtu.be/XDuM0lxJw2o). Stunning!

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fsfan22 View Post
    I know it's not the same, but she did quite a few clean programs of her exhibition version before she made it a competitive program (example: 2003 Worlds EX: http://youtu.be/XDuM0lxJw2o). Stunning!
    Man, the last minute of that program is great. If only they could show her face in that ending pose...

vCash
    My favorite version of Sasha's R&J program is the one that she competed at the 2002 Sears Canadian Open. I really love the white dress that she wore with the criss-cross straps! I think it was perfect for that program and her hair was done up beautifully too!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJhRnoGZI9Q

Banned Member
    vCash
    OMG, I always envision Olivia Hussey skating when I watch one of these programs. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ComplimentsFrom View Post
    Good Lord, I thought that was a still picture of her skating to Rach. lol ...
    Well, as much as I love Sasha, I got to thinking of my favorite Stanford cutie, and I must say, I'm find Rach's Rach most impressive! http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/R...bz-AbsCvyl.jpg Why, she could be a right regular Rach-ette! http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2588/4...73b_z.jpg?zz=1
    Last edited by Jot the Dot Dot; 11-22-2013 at 05:05 AM.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    My favorite version of Sasha's R&J program is the one that she competed at the 2002 Sears Canadian Open. I really love the white dress that she wore with the criss-cross straps! I think it was perfect for that program and her hair was done up beautifully too!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJhRnoGZI9Q
    Her poise, her spiral, her layback, her Russian split that comes out of nowhere. No wonder I was an uber.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death