View Poll Results: Do You Believe In Past Lives / Reincarnation?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • No...We Get One Life and One Life Only

45 58.44%
  • Yes, For Sure!!

14 18.18%
  • I'm With PeterG (100% Undecided)

18 23.38%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    For my dog, its food, sleep, walking, and any little animals that may be in the vicinity...
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Religions that believe in reincarnation believe all these things are part of the cycle.

Since the idea of a life force is not something proveable, there is no reason to not include them.
    Yes, and I don't see that life force is contingent upon higher thinking skills. (If religious people thought that, then there would be no controversy over abortion and euthanasia.) So I have no line to draw - ants could have a life force similar to humans.
    Figure skating is hard.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    This thread reminded me of the JD Salinger short story on the subject: Teddy.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    There are animals like other primates and dolphins who seem to have a high level of intelligence, but I don't really think there's much indication that dogs, while quite intelligent among living beings, spend time thinking about whether they have souls and developing theories about reincarnation or the after life.
    Interestingly, animals have mastered living in the moment, while we humans have not. They live naturally in a state that humans strive to emulate through endless hours of meditation. And, living in the moment is a state that is considered to be spiritual at a high level.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Interestingly, animals have mastered living in the moment, while we humans have not. They live naturally in a state that humans strive to emulate through endless hours of meditation. And, living in the moment is a state that is considered to be spiritual at a high level.
    I don't think they've mastered it, its all they know, although animals, mammals at least do have memory and aren't completely confined to the present moment.

Humans are blessed with incredible brains that allow us, in our imaginations, to explore the past and the future and entirely made up worlds. As I see it, living in the moment for a human is living with that amazing brain that allows us to remember and project and imagine.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    I was told I was a witch in my past life...and got burned at the stake...2x And no, it was not by some evil ex!!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Very few witches were actually burned at the stake. Of course, some were, so if you did indeed have a past life then it is possible but that tells me that someone had not done their research before going to work as a con-artist.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    I was told I was a witch in my past life...and got burned at the stake...2x And no, it was not by some evil ex!!
    How unfortunate.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I find it kind of funny that I obviously didn't learn the first time, LOL! And to further amuse myself with that I like to think that since I am a big fan of nature and natural remedies now, then maybe I was up to that sort of thing back then and maybe that's what got me "into trouble"... Yes, some people do like to scam but I find my "story" to be entertaining at least

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Yes, some people do like to scam but I find my "story" to be entertaining at least
    After a few beers, maybe,
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Did witches (as we see them now, anyway) ever really exist? Or were they simply women who didn't live by the expectations others tried to force upon them? (And maybe some of them were women who practised alternative medicines...which somehow threatened others to the point that they wanted to murder these women.)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I believe we live once and after that is the afterlife for eternity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Did witches (as we see them now, anyway) ever really exist? Or were they simply women who didn't live by the expectations others tried to force upon them? (And maybe some of them were women who practised alternative medicines...which somehow threatened others to the point that they wanted to murder these women.)
    There were actually people who practiced witchcraft,however,for the most part,most of the people who were killed for witchcraft were largely just people accused by some nut case or jealous person,someone who practices alternative medicine or just something with a keen sense of intuition or just out spoken.I probably would've been amongst them if I lived then lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrushka View Post
    I believe we live once and after that is the afterlife for eternity.
    What do you believe afterlife is?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567