Thread: Thermomix

vCash

Thermomix

I'm looking at getting a theromix while I am in Australia over Christmas. They're pricey, and I won't have time for an in-person demo. Does anyone here have one? What do you think? I'm only looking at thermomix, none of the alternatives available. Any negatives (aside from the price)? What do you mostly use it for?

I'm looking at saving space in my small but very used kitchen. So I'd get rid of my blender, hand mixer, coffee grinder...keep my juicer (I think, does the thermomix juice?), dehydrator, ice cream maker, and pasta maker, all of which are kept in the basement anyway. Does the theromix make nut juices?

The site for thermomix Australia is blocked here (weird!) and my VPN is inconsistent at the moment...

vCash
    I've never heard of thermomix till today

Is youtube blocked where you are? I see quite a few videos there... Personally I'm a little wary of machines with too many functions...

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Is Termomix the same as Vitamix, just a different brand? I know a lot of people with Vitamixes and they all absolutely love them.h

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DAngel View Post
    I've never heard of thermomix till today

Is youtube blocked where you are? I see quite a few videos there... Personally I'm a little wary of machines with too many functions...
    Yes, YouTube is blocked, and my VPN is playing up, but I was more looking for personal experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Is Termomix the same as Vitamix, just a different brand? I know a lot of people with Vitamixes and they all absolutely love them.h
    No, it's not http://www.thermomix.com.au

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    wow it does everything, i'm obsessed with the demonstrations

edited to add: damn you OP
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Sorry

ETA: who am I kidding, no I'm not!

vCash
    I inherited it from my aunt but haven't tried it yet.

vCash
    It looks very cool! I'm surprised I've not seen one before, I own just about every kitchen gadget, or at least know about it. I think you should get one just so you can tell us all about it

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I watched the demonstration video on their website and that seemed really complicated. So many buttons and she had to do each step one at a time before moving on. I find it amazing that it can do so many different things but I wouldn't want to cook an entire meal with it if I had to wait for each step to finish independently of the other. I went on Amazon and looked at the price.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher