Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    I am so glad we got to see two amazing programs. Meryl and Charlie were able to skate in front of their home crowd. Of course, they'll develop through the season which is part of the fun. And this season is so special and so exciting.

vCash
    For those who haven't seen it yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0yp...d9QAAXQowpJcrQ

vCash
    I am loving all the new choreographic touches. No one can say this program is "empty."
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Congrats to Meryl and Charlie for not only their win at SA (which was expected, natch), but for their 12+ score .

For me what blows my mind is that their speed is beyond incredible, yet they make it flow without any semblance of seeming frantic whatsoever.

vCash
    Indeed! This is certainly a complex dance, and I hope they only continue to add details, and to add to the characters they're portraying.

You know, it's crazy to compare them to Vancouver D/W. The difference is striking.

vCash
    No doubt they will win gold.

vCash
    Someone uploaded a version with no commentary. Better quality too. Love all the changes in direction and dance holds.
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post
    Someone uploaded a version with no commentary. Better quality too. Love all the changes in direction and dance holds.
    Great!! I love Tanith, but she did yammer on during the performance.

vCash
    Ooh Thank you, that is very nice quality and I'm a sucker for commentary-less videos. I'm amazed at how unfazed they were by the bloodcurdling scream let out at the swoop lift. It made me jump for sure.

vCash
    Just got back from the free dance, and all I can say is WOW. This program just reinforced why Meryl and Charlie are the world champions, and it is 100 percent an Olympic program. They were head and shoulders above the rest and it was fantastic!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    Ooh Thank you, that is very nice quality and I'm a sucker for commentary-less videos. I'm amazed at how unfazed they were by the bloodcurdling scream let out at the swoop lift. It made me jump for sure.
    The screamer had me ROTFL. She sounded like a gigantic spider had just dropped down in front of her face.

That performance was amazing. So improved from SLC, and it's been what, a month? It looks like most of their focus has been on the technical aspects of both programs. I would love to see a bit more choreographic detail in the short, but other than that, no complaints whatsoever!

vCash
    So what do they need to do to get level 4 on the step sequences? To me they look amazing. What are they (and me) missing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    So what do they need to do to get level 4 on the step sequences? To me they look amazing. What are they (and me) missing?
    I think there was a misstep on Meryl's part on the last sequence. At least it looked like that.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I think there was a misstep on Meryl's part on the last sequence. At least it looked like that.
    I caught that as well. She avoided turning it into a stumble, but it did detract from the completeness of that particular sequence.

As wonderful as their score was here, I'm glad to see that there's definitely room to move up WRT to levels, so that they can build on it going into Sochi.

vCash
    Nice article from Detroit News. I love Meryl in the picture here.

http://www.detroitnews.com/section/sports07

Direct link in case the front page of the Sports section changes:
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...oe-Louis-Arena

vCash
    Well it seems Derek Hough is very pleased with Meryl and Charlie, on his facebook page he said they were "Amazing" and linked to a youtube vid of their sd.

And if you read the post on his fb page (sorry I cant link it properly) the comments from his fans are all very nice. I'm so glad Meryl and Charlie have expanded their cheering section this year, even if its only just because Derek's name is attached to them, it's still makes me happy.

And their FD tonight, just wow...I don't know how it could possibly get any better. And yet I know they will keep working to improve it. Incredible. The sky is the limit for them this year.

Edit: Forgot to add, Meryl in the teal blue is STUNNING. I hope she keeps this dress throughout the season!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle24 View Post

And their FD tonight, just wow...I don't know how it could possibly get any better. And yet I know they will keep working to improve it. Incredible. The sky is the limit for them this year.

Edit: Forgot to add, Meryl in the teal blue is STUNNING. I hope she keeps this dress throughout the season!
    I love Charlie's outfit. I was concerned he went nuts with the bedazzler but I think it's perfect. That color on Meryl is perfection but I want to tweak that skirt.

I love how the FD isn't perfect...yet . I saw a few missteps here and there but it didn't detract from the program nor the performance. The upside down lift still needs some refinement but it was so much more smoother this time. I love the moments where they are looking at each other, the changes in mood after the twizzles where they're dancing. It's like they're addressing every issue head-on: want more dance holds? Got it. More connecting steps? Done. Greater detail towards character development? No problem.

That last lift is to die for. Marina said she wanted it to be an exclamation point and there it is.

Onwards to NHK

Afterlife
    vCash
    I think Meryl needs to change her hair style a bit. Not wearing it down, clearly. But she needs to do something. Parts of it look like a bump-it gone wrong sometimes. It just isn't very flattering. I like the rest though.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash
    I loved the FD even more this time, but I wish they would look at each other more frequently. I know last season they worked on their connection -- time to show it off, guys.

And I agree about the hair... I think she should try a braid of some kind!
    Last edited by brina; 10-20-2013 at 01:29 PM.

vCash
    Another article :)

I also agree about changing her hair.Though I like the bun, it looks too messy at the end of the FD.

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast