Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    What thread is this?
    "If you were a bookie, who would you make the favorite for Olympic gold in ice dance?" It started out as a discussion about the probable odds of which team would win, then went into a discussion of which team should win, and from there descended into an uber war. I've kept out of it.

My takeaway from reading the entire thread (besides being practically blinded by the flames) is that if MC are winning, the whole system of evaluating and scoring ice dancing needs to change, or the rules that already exist need to be applied better/ differently.

vCash
    I love how of course someone started a whole new thread about comparisons in Great Skate Debate. After D/W retire, I really do think I'm done with Ice Dance. A lot of the other disciplines have their ubers (the great Johnny vs. Evan wars) but nothing like Ice Dance. I don't post much anyway but I really am not going to post this Olympic season. I want to actually enjoy it without fretting over every little negative thing.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hitchem View Post
    Of all the criticisms of D/W, that is perhaps the most absurd. Meryl uses her strength so well to maintain her positions and remain balanced. And between Charlie and Scott, who's having more trouble getting through their lifts this year?
    Remember from Notre Dame the back arabesque position that Meryl held while balancing on Charlie's leg? You can't do that unless you have major ab strength, ahem, core strength.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by E.A. Week View Post
    "If you were a bookie, who would you make the favorite for Olympic gold in ice dance?" It started out as a discussion about the probable odds of which team would win, then went into a discussion of which team should win, and from there descended into an uber war. I've kept out of it.

My takeaway from reading the entire thread (besides being practically blinded by the flames) is that if MC are winning, the whole system of evaluating and scoring ice dancing needs to change, or the rules that already exist need to be applied better/ differently.
    so true. And I despise that stupid argument because its so pretentious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxRose81 View Post
    I love how of course someone started a whole new thread about comparisons in Great Skate Debate. After D/W retire, I really do think I'm done with Ice Dance. A lot of the other disciplines have their ubers (the great Johnny vs. Evan wars) but nothing like Ice Dance. I don't post much anyway but I really am not going to post this Olympic season. I want to actually enjoy it without fretting over every little negative thing.
    Just took a peak at that thread and seriously, if I see someone calling Tessa and Scott the true ice dancers and Meryl and Charlie the pairs skaters again, I'm literally gonna puke

vCash
    I've been tempted to read it once, but I don't go in places like that regularly. It's just not a healthy environment and reading what they wrote, let alone responding to it, gives those people legitimacy they don't deserve.

Meryl and Charlie's skating speaks for itself. The way they are received by audiences around the world, speaks for itself. They don't need us to defend them.
    Last edited by Jessiebanana; 11-21-2013 at 07:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    I've been tempted to read it once, but I don't go in places like that regularly. It's just not a healthy environment and reading what they wrote, let alone responding to it, gives those people legitimacy they don't deserve.

Meryl and Charlie's skating speaks for itself. The way they are received by audiences around the world, speaks for itself. They don't need us to defend them.

Well said! I've almost given up on reading other posts about ice dancing, even just general discussions, because it descends into uber wars most of the time. I do enjoy reading discussions of other teams, though, and also just general informative stuff about recent and upcoming competitions, as well as stuff like what the pattern dance for next year will be and other rule changes. I really should avoid those threads once the bickering starts.

vCash

Exactly. They are two-time and reigning world champions for a reason. The fact that they've only been beaten three times since Vancouver is a testament to their dedication, strength, perseverance, talent and mental fortitude.

vCash
    After D/W retire, I really do think I'm done with Ice Dance.
    I don't know. After D/W and V/M retire, is there anyone left good enough for anyone to get very uber over? Maybe things will return to more normal discussions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Gotta love how they're talking to each other in two threads at a time pretending one of them is Switzerland
    Like how one pretend one is a troll, but actually under disguise is a uber? Uber or ubber? This uber is from Switzerland? or USA?

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=#post3672940
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=#post3766021
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=#post3751277
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=#post3883648
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=#post3675965
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=#post3688509
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=#post3717047

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=#post3751154

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=#post3766021

D-W get free PR from iNap who pose as troll but is a uber. Uber or ubber? Troll or Throll? Good strategy from Team D-W just in time for Olympics
    Last edited by emka; 11-22-2013 at 04:22 PM.

vCash
    I don't think iNap is an uber of either team, but he's the kind of guy who likes to poke the ants' nests to see the ants scurry around. The easiest people to upset with a single comment are uberfans...we're easy targets. He thinks he's funny-and sometimes he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    I don't know. After D/W and V/M retire, is there anyone left good enough for anyone to get very uber over? Maybe things will return to more normal discussions.
    That's a real good question, lol. B/A, D/W and V/M were the reason why I started to watch Ice Dance more closely. When D/W and V/M retire, I bet we will go back to the ultra dramatic ice dance that I was decidedly not a fan of and I won't have to bother.

vCash
    Why is Russia ruining the Olympics for me? What just happened and can I hug Weaver and Poje?

vCash
    No kidding. Kaitlin looked utterly stricken when the scores came up - Krylova looked furious, I though. : for sure.

vCash
    Ice dance is a hot mess right now. Was weird enough at TEB, but what's happening at CoR is beyond any conspiracy theories. It was simply pathetic, cannot find a better word for it. Riddiculous is an understatement. If COP was supposed to rule out fixing results in ice dance, it hasn't. Let's just randomly give level 1s on Finnstep for everyone who isn't Russian. What a treat. Sorry to trash Meryl and Charlie's thread with this, but I simply cannot get over it.

I am still keeping my faith Meryl and Charlie are beyond all of this crap, but if the score inflating continues like this, their SD might actually be in danger (Shez is untouchable, no matter how strong the fixing).

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I'm just happy D/W aren't at CoR this year. I just never got comfortable with them competing at that event, freak things would happen.

I am curious, however, how D/W would have scored if they had been there. Would they too have received a Level 1 on the second Finnstep pattern? It's just highly bizarre to me, that a pattern can be called Level 4 with one set of callers, but then Level 1 with another set (as happened to W/P). This does make me worry a tad about scoring at future events. One drop in level is all it takes.

I guess as long as the harshness of the panel is consistent for all teams, it doesn't matter. But it still doesn't sit right with me.
    Last edited by literaryfreak; 11-22-2013 at 09:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    I'm just happy D/W aren't at CoR this year. I just never got comfortable with them competing at that event, freak things would happen.

I am curious, however, how D/W would have scored if they had been there. Would they too have received a Level 1 on the second Finnstep pattern? It's just highly bizarre to me, that a pattern can be called Level 4 with one set of callers, but then Level 1 with another set (as happened to W/P). This does make me worry a tad about scoring at future events. One drop in level is all it takes.

I guess as long as the harshness of the panel is consistent for all teams, it doesn't matter. But it still doesn't sit right with me.
    Well I wouldn't exactly call it consistent, since B/S got a level 3 for both sequences. Someone even said they missed an important hold and weren't docked levels or GOE...I haven't seen their skate personally.

vCash
    Well I wouldn't exactly call it consistent, since B/S got a level 3 for both sequences. Someone even said they missed an important hold and weren't docked levels or GOE...I haven't seen their skate personally.
    If a non-Russian team wins the bronze in Sochi, I will be amazed. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them won silver. :0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by E.A. Week View Post
    If a non-Russian team wins the bronze in Sochi, I will be amazed. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them won silver. :0
    Tanith and Judy Blumberg win bronze for PR effort. DJ puppy pick up pewter medal

vCash
    I found it a bit that the two NA teams received the same levels on the Finnstep (3,1) at CoR. W/P looked crushed and C/B looked confused.

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast