Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Road To Sochi: Team USA Figure Skaters Look Ahead To Sochi

Lots of skaters give little soundbites, including Meryl and Charlie.
    With the exception of Meryl and Charlie that had to be the most delusional video I've ever seen. I'm from the US and I'm all for cheering on our team, but seriously?

Win a few medals? And who exactly are these other magical medalist?

Pairs. No.
    Jeremy Abbott wanting to bring home a medal. Cute.
    Strong chance with our ladies. Side eye.
    Ice dance...snowball's chance in hell we'd get on the podium twice, even if Maia and Alex skated the best skates of their lives and everyone else fell on their step sequences.

The only other figure skating medal we'll bring home is a team medal...and that's just the default for being one the few countries that has it's toes in all the disciplines.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    With the exception of Meryl and Charlie that had to be the most delusional video I've ever seen. I'm from the US and I'm all for cheering on our team, but seriously?

Pairs. No.
    Ice dance...snowball's chance in hell we'd get on the podium twice, even if Maia and Alex skated the best skates of their lives and everyone else fell on their step sequences.

The only other figure skating medal we'll bring home is a team medal...and that's just the default for being one the few countries that has it's toes in all the disciplines.
    I choose to look at as thinking positively.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    I don't know. Anything can happen. Jeremy Abbot could pull a Paul Wylie. The judges are willing to give him the scores if he puts the program together. And Ashley isn't that far off the top scores. None of this is out if the realm of possibility.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    DaiMeryl fan art!! I know Meryl's very buff, but I don't know if she could pull this off.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    The artist owes me a keyboard
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    DaiMeryl fan art!! I know Meryl's very buff, but I don't know if she could pull this off.
    I'm not sure if I want to make it my wallpaper or try to un-see it, and I think that may be the definition of true art.

Meryl always stands out in a crowd:

http://instagram.com/p/gt-adoh1jC/#

(Great edges, BTW.)
    Last edited by CassAgain; 11-15-2013 at 02:47 AM.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    oh my gosh, he is so freakin' cute! Those chubby little feet are adorable! I love baby pics. He always had that great smile, didn't he?
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    So adorable. He comes by those blonde curls a bit more naturally than I thought.

vCash
    He rocks the curls. Glad he never gels them back. Let that "magical wizard hair" fly
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    oh my gosh, he is so freakin' cute! Those chubby little feet are adorable! I love baby pics. He always had that great smile, didn't he?
    It looks like Charlie has pretty much always been a handsome devil. I've never seen a picture of him looking anything other than impossibly cute. No wonder he has such a hard time playing the menacing Sultan. I don't think Charlie has a menacing bone in his body. Maybe at the beginning of the program, he needs to get himself into the mindset of a really intense hockey rivalry.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash

Pairs. No.

Most fluff pieces I've seen - in all Olympics - say that any competitor is "going for the gold" regardless if their chances are infinitesimal. Remember in Ice Diaries - supposedly Sandy Rucker was an Olympic hopeful. Producers just try and make it dramatic.

vCash
    Just peaked at Tessa and Scott's SD protocol from TEB - Meryl and Charlie really need to get that midline to level 4 NOW. The twizzles were just an accident and probably won't happen again, but I'm really starting to worry about the midline. They always rocked it as the best of all, this season Tessa and Scott seem to have an advantage. The SD portion between the two teams is gonna be super close this season. However, the thought it might all be decided in the FD is quite comforting, knowing how magnificent Shez is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Just peaked at Tessa and Scott's SD protocol from TEB - Meryl and Charlie really need to get that midline to level 4 NOW. The twizzles were just an accident and probably won't happen again, but I'm really starting to worry about the midline. They always rocked it as the best of all, this season Tessa and Scott seem to have an advantage. The SD portion between the two teams is gonna be super close this season. However, the thought it might all be decided in the FD is quite comforting, knowing how magnificent Shez is
    I'm honestly not worried. Meryl and Charlie are capable of receiving 77 + on the SD. They got a 73.70 with 3 level 3s. and left GOE on the table.

For them, they're probably like "aw yeah! It's ON!" They don't seem the team to get nervous, but rather get to work

Can GPF come any sooner?

vCash
    I am guessing if both teams skate clean, V and M will be ahead in the SD. But my guess is D and W will take the FD. Hence they win. But if both skate clean, it will be very tight in the scores.

vCash
    But what about the conspiracy!!! Just joking, but not really. I thought V/M's SD was gorgeous (tbh, I think they have the better SD) but D/W have the better FD. D/W did leave points on the table and I do worry about the midline. Either way, it's an awesome battle for gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxRose81 View Post
    But what about the conspiracy!!! Just joking, but not really. I thought V/M's SD was gorgeous (tbh, I think they have the better SD) but D/W have the better FD. D/W did leave points on the table and I do worry about the midline. Either way, it's an awesome battle for gold.
    Well, MC need to work on that midline, obviously. I'm not sure whether it's a problem with the construction of the step sequence or with how they've executed it so far. If it's the latter, they just need to skate it more cleanly. If it's the former... well, that's up to Marina and their tech coaches to fix. But they absolutely can't afford to lose a level on this element, as it carries so many points. The twizzle mistake at NHK was IMO just a fluke. And I'm not too worried, considering VM only received level 3s for both Finnstep sequences at TEB. The PCS marks are virtually tied between both teams from NHK and TEB, so the judges seem to consider both programs about equal from the more "holistic" viewpoint. I actually thought VM looked a little tentative and "thinky" in their TEB short. I gather they've made some changes to the program, and so were probably just concentrating on getting from one element to the next. Interestingly, I thought MC's short looked a lot better at NHK than it had at SkAm, but they just didn't hit their levels.

The freedance at TEB should be interesting for sure. MC pulled a huge score at NHK, and that was with one level 3 step sequence. So I won't panic until the GPF. ; ) I think if MC hit their levels, they'll be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by E.A. Week View Post
    It looks like Charlie has pretty much always been a handsome devil. I've never seen a picture of him looking anything other than impossibly cute. No wonder he has such a hard time playing the menacing Sultan. I don't think Charlie has a menacing bone in his body. Maybe at the beginning of the program, he needs to get himself into the mindset of a really intense hockey rivalry.
    I mean the guys wants to be a puppy in the next life, not even a dog, so we can safely say he isn't naturally "menacing".

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    This is Dai's dream right now.

vCash
    I mean the guys wants to be a puppy in the next life, not even a dog, so we can safely say he isn't naturally "menacing".
    so true! Just imagined a "Sheherezade and her puppy" program

Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast