Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    vCash
    At the beginning of the dance when Meryl skates to Charlie and before she reclines into his arms, I would like there to be an infinitesimal "stop" where they look at each other and then a turn and fall back into his arms. I have always thought that Scheherazade wins because she uses her intellect to engage his which is why I think that this is a perfect dance for them. I would like to see some subtle hint of that challenge at the beginning.

vCash
    I pretty much agree with all the things in the last few posts.

It is such a great program and I think it's why I enjoy nitpicking. Well (not that they listen to us), with a few tweaks it has the potential to be so breathtaking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    At the beginning of the program, Meryl does her lovely arm movements and Charlie just basically skates away and stands there. I would like them to give him something more intricate to do. Maybe this could be the "menacing" look mentioned above.

Let's face it, we have to nitpick because this is already one great program!!!
    LOL, yeah, Charlie should be arms folded, stamping feet, glaring/ glowering, or looking generally unimpressed.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I do adore the first few seconds of the program, the way Charlie essentially throws her arm in a circle, looking at her intensely while Meryl looks up into the sky. It's so aesthetically beautiful, just brilliant.

Now for an end pose that is just as special.

vCash
    As for the SD, I adore the new end pose. But fix thy midline to a level 4. That is my mantra
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    If you watch the Shibs' NHK video, at the beginning you can hear Charlie laughing at Alex's balloons. His laugh is so endearing!

vCash
    I don't mind their ending pose. It's kind of a role reversal from their Samson & Delilah ending pose, which, for me, brings things full circle. What an awesome career they've had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post
    As for the SD, I adore the new end pose. But fix thy midline to a level 4. That is my mantra
    Same here. I hope MC and Marina take a good look at it before GPF. I'd hate to see them loose points on something they usually do so well.

vCash
    Whoa I just realized their next competition will be against Tessa and Scott! I got so comfortable with their easy GP wins that I totally forgot they will have to face some real competition soon

In that case, yes, better get that midline to level 4 asap!

vCash
    His laugh is so endearing!
    It really is. When they interviewed each other for one of the skating magazines, Meryl asked Charlie if he was aware that his laugh drew attention, Charlie said he was.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Part 2 of the Shibs' NHK vlog includes some awesome video-bombing by Meryl and a brief speech from Charlie.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Part 2 of the Shibs' NHK vlog includes some awesome video-bombing by Meryl and a brief speech from Charlie.
    Meryl is a ham! She was cracking me up. Anyone that says Meryl is not relatable needs to see this video.

Also, Meryl and Charlie gets some love from Jason Brown in a recent interview: http://skateguard1.blogspot.com/2013...son-brown.html

I look up to Meryl Davis and Charlie White. Not only have I grown up watching them skate, but I now have had the privilege of traveling with them, and competing on the same US team. Their skating quality is remarkable, making every single move look so effortless. They are both the nicest, most down to earth, welcoming people. They are true champions both on and off the ice, so extremely humble and respectful. I look up to them in so many ways and I feel so extremely honored to have met them and travel with them while they are still competing.
    Also included in Jason's roster of favorite skaters is Scott Hamilton and Michelle Kwan. What good company Meryl and Charlie are in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Meryl is a ham! She was cracking me up. Anyone that says Meryl is not relatable needs to see this video.

Also, Meryl and Charlie gets some love from Jason Brown in a recent interview: http://skateguard1.blogspot.com/2013...son-brown.html

Also included in Jason's roster of favorite skaters is Scott Hamilton and Michelle Kwan. What good company Meryl and Charlie are in.
    Just when I couldn't love Jason Brown any more...

vCash
    I was really shocked by comments of Maxim Stavisky during FD. I've never heard from him any good word about them, but this time he managed an honest and sincere "Bravo" after the ending pose. He said that their transitions were flawless, they never lost speed during step sequences, had great twizzles. Also, the music is very powerful and they were keeping up with it. He admired their shape this time of season and added that all athletes should go for this.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    I was really shocked by comments of Maxim Stavisky during FD. I've never heard from him any good word about them, but this time he managed an honest and sincere "Bravo" after the ending pose. He said that their transitions were flawless, they never lost speed during step sequences, had great twizzles. Also, the music is very powerful and they were keeping up with it. He admired their shape this time of season and added that all athletes should go for this.
    Now if Zhulin starts complimenting them, we know the world is ending LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Now if Zhulin starts complimenting them, we know the world is ending LOL.
    Or Christopher Dean.

Seriously, hasn't Evgeni Platov made some very complimentary remarks about DW? I think I read that over on the Golden Skate forums.

vCash
    Platov said they clearly should have won back in 2011.

Not surprising - G&P's strengths are similar to D&W's - speed, quick footwork, good twizzles (by Oksana). U&Z's strengths are - balletic excellence, lovely positions, very like V&M. Now Guess Which Guy Likes Which Team

vCash
    Or Christopher Dean.
    Has he criticized them in the past?

I had the most bizarre dream last night. It was the Olympics and Meryl and Charlie skated their FD better than they've ever skated a FD before, the crowd went wild and it was pretty obvious they were going to get the gold. But then their scores came up, and their TES was very low. The reason? The judging panel decided the move where Meryl rolls over Charlie's back at the beginning of the program was a lift, and judged it as such It was a level 1. I woke up before I could see the aftermath.

vCash
    Have not posted for months and try to stay away because I love both DW and VM---and I have to admit that when I heard about the program choice for DW's free I was a bit deflated. And then I saw them perform at NHK. WOW. When the audience started breaking into applause some time before the program was finished I was clapping right along with them. Kudo's to whoever selected the music and the choreography. Scheherazade was illustrated beautifully in their dance.

vCash
    Road To Sochi: Team USA Figure Skaters Look Ahead To Sochi

Lots of skaters give little soundbites, including Meryl and Charlie.

Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast