Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash

vCash
    I think Meryl's dress is stunning and she looks like she could be the ballerina that dances at the top of a jewelry box.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Here are my Friday dance practice photos.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    I love the back of the dress so much. The simplicity of the front doesn't quite do it for me, but Meryl looks divine no matter what!

vCash
    I wish I had Meryl's arms. She might be tiny but that girl is pure muscle.
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post
    I wish I had Meryl's arms. She might be tiny but that girl is pure muscle.
    Her arms/shoulders are so impressive.

vCash

vCash
    That's a really great vid-the audio and video are well synchronized, and it makes such a difference

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    My photos and thoughts on the SD
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post

If the judges think D-W aren't fast enough, where does that leave everybody else?
    Seriously!!

Thanks for all the links -- love the lift video and the article about their moms! They seem like such nice, low-key people.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    Thank you! The Russian version was such a poor quality I couldn' entirely enjoy it.

And wow, what a skate! I liked it soooo much better than in SLC. Perhaps it's also because of the camera work, it can definitely change the entire perception if done professionally.

Love how bright and happy and bubbly they were. That pink dress looks amazing in movement and Meryl looks beyond lovely in it.

Very happy about the level 4s on Finnstep. I don't see the midline level 3 as a problem, if anyone can pull off an amazing level 4 midline, it's Meryl and Charlie and I'm sure they will bounce back.

Also loved the commentary about their "power with grace". That's exactly what they are!

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    It was wonderful seeing it live! So fast and light, I couldn't even hear their blades, like Kozuka. No complaints from me.

vCash
    Question: if I wanted to meet Meryl and Charlie at Skate America (and other skaters for that matter) how would I go about doing it? I have never been to a skating event and would love to meet some of my favorites in person, but I definitely do not want to be a pain or go about it in an impolite way.

I was in love with the lavender dress from SLC, so I was not happy they changed it. However, the dress really does move well... when she does her twizzles the skirt really helps them look like their floating!

Best of luck to Meryl and Charlie, the Shibs, and all of the other competitors!

vCash
    What a lovely performance! Meryl and Charlie were so light across the ice, and they have such wonderful knee bend throughout the dance. I can't wait to see this SD develop, and I really hope it does. They are lovely to watch, but I feel like the SD could be more. The choreography specifically, could be more.

vCash
    And wow, what a skate! I liked it soooo much better than in SLC.
    The CD steps were markedly improved. I also liked it better than last time but two things still bug me -

1. I wish they would add some percussion or something to the music for the stationary steps (Steps 34-42 in the CD pattern). As it is, the music is tootling along just as it was, giving no indication why the dancers should suddenly stop and start dancing on their toepicks. They are doing steps with no notes and it just feels too random.

2. I still think the transition back to the final vocal cut needs work. They are quickstepping along, then start gliding with one leg bent, waiting for the music change. Once the vocal comes one, they go into what feels like an entirely different dance.

vCash
    Thanks for sharing that clip. What a wonderful way to start my Saturday! This dance just keeps growing on me, it is really lovely and I for one am going to not nitpick and just enjoy it!

vCash
    I agree! Of course there's always room for improvement but its a lovely, lyrical SD and it will only get better! I think its fantastic for the start of the season and I'm loving it!

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Beautiful.

vCash
    Looking at the scores I was a little concerned that Anna and Luca's TES score was so close to Meryl and Charlie's but then I realized it was because of that midline level 3. And then I realized they dropped a level (that's 1.50 of base value) and still outscored them in TES and I stopped worrying

I've been reading different threads now and people tend to think the Italians look strong enough to snatch the silver in Sochi. I'm not convinced about that, but I wouldn't mind them taking the bronze. And I would just LOVE to see them win the Europeans. P/B still have a warm spot in my heart, but I have a feeling they will be Delobel/Schoenfelder of this season, which is sad, but likely. If I were the Russians, I would start worrying about Anna and Luca, they seem to be peaking at just the right moment of their career.

Anyway, it is kinda cool to read the competition threads and see people naming Meryl and Charlie as the sole favourites for the gold. It took a hell lot of time, but finally people perceive them as world's #1, which is beyond awesome.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Jiazumi;4020066]I too like the new dress better, but I'm still waiting for her Black and White dress with a tiara!!

/QUOTE] This: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CCsQ9QEwAA
    or
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CC0Q9QEwAQ

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast