Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

vCash
    I also think the panel at SA might have been a tad lenient. Not to discount D/W's performance there, but I think this panel was more strict.

Loved it tonight. Charlie was noticeably ahead on that first twizzle, but they evened it out after. Good thoughts for the FD! And now...goodnight all

vCash
    I like the new ending.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Scores up. Midline, twizzles, and first sequence all level three.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Great score, considering the levels.

vCash
    Protocols

So that's what..2 points on TES they left on the table?
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    Oh boy, they'll be working their bums off now, not that they already don't! Still lovely and so fast and light. You know, I just can't quite enjoy the vocal on I could have danced, after the opening music it feels like a let down when the singing starts. I much prefer the Finnstep music. I don't know, maybe if it wasn't such a high, light soprano. It kind of works but I wish it felt grander. Hope you guys know what I mean.

vCash
    Even though they didn't get level 4 on both sequences, I liked the way the Finnstep section worked much better this time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    Oh boy, they'll be working their bums off now, not that they already don't! Still lovely and so fast and light. You know, I just can't quite enjoy the vocal on I could have danced, after the opening music it feels like a let down when the singing starts. I much prefer the Finnstep music. I don't know, maybe if it wasn't such a high, light soprano. It kind of works but I wish it felt grander. Hope you guys know what I mean.
    I can see Charlie being particularly irritated about his mistake on the twizzles.

I enjoyed their program. It's gelling very well and I like the new ending pose.
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Even though they didn't get level 4 on both sequences, I liked the way the Finnstep section worked much better this time.
    I think they should feel encouraged that they managed a decent Finnstep score under a strict caller.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I think they should feel encouraged that they managed a decent Finnstep score under a strict caller.
    Yup and now they have a score that is not from home soil to work with. The PCS did go up a bit which is a good sign that the judges love this program . Not concerned about the twizzles but more their midline. I don't think they have scored a level 4 on it yet.

vCash
    I'm glad its not perfect yet. Of course they don't want to peak too soon, we've got the GPF, Nationals, and Olympics to go! And yes, I hope they can get that midline to lv4. Callers always seem to be so strict with the step sequences.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Fun silly fact. Every since the SD was introduced, Meryl and Charlie always score lower in their second GP of the season. They continue this trend

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    What a lovely performance! They're as light as a feather and their footwork is so quick. When the audience claps for a step sequence, you know it's something special.

I agree, this version is super high and thin, it's almost shrill in places.

As D/W were skating to the boards, the ticker went down a point - I think that's the twizzle getting downgraded after a review, based on the specific ticker increases during the performance itself. I wonder what caused it to drop to a Level 3. Charlie was a little wonky on the 2nd twizzle, but it still looked like a continuous motion. But this will be great feedback and their PCS went up from SA!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    What a lovely performance! They're as light as a feather and their footwork is so quick. When the audience claps for a step sequence, you know it's something special.

I agree, this version is super high and thin, it's almost shrill in places.

As D/W were skating to the boards, the ticker went down a point - I think that's the twizzle getting downgraded after a review, based on the specific ticker increases during the performance itself. I wonder what caused it to drop to a Level 3. Charlie was a little wonky on the 2nd twizzle, but it still looked like a continuous motion. But this will be great feedback and their PCS went up from SA!
    Watching that ticker was so distracting. The broadcast people at Sochi better not get any ideas.

vCash
    I felt like i was watching the races for some reason. Instead of using a ticker..how about when a team finishes a certain required element, they state the level on the screen?

vCash
    Lol, I like the high pitched voice. It makes me feel like Meryl is singing it.

...but I also had a Chipmunks tape of popular songs when I was a child, so I'm probably not the best judge.
    Last edited by Jessiebanana; 11-09-2013 at 05:25 AM.

vCash

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Sidenote: did Sui/Han buy D/W's old Kalinka costumes? They're nearly identical. Best picture I can find for now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    Sidenote: did Sui/Han buy D/W's old Kalinka costumes? They're nearly identical. Best picture I can find for now.
    Don't they train with Marina? D/W's looked slightly different. I guess Sui/Han's could have been inspired by theirs.

vCash
    Looking forward to the Free Dance! I hope we can get some sort of practice report

Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast