Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post
    Charlie is the one talking, but the only thing I can see is Meryl's bulging quads and super shiny hair. Her hair looks more glorious than normal.

vCash
    I hope someone is at NHK to record MC, but knowing Japan and their strict copyright laws, I doubt we'll get much footage of practices,etc.

I have to admit, European fs fans (and of course our own ) do a great job at capturing the little moments in almost every competition that really stand out, more than the actual competition to me. Like gala practices, skaters before warm-up, after kiss and cry. You get the point.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    On that note, I just uploaded more videos from Skate America: end of the SD, national anthem during awards ceremony, and victory lap. I keep finding new ones!

vCash
    I must be a lucky charm! lol

Jk, no but really litfreak and TBfan are what you call dedicated and awesome fans!

Charlie looked like he was about to cry at 0:21...HA!

vCash
    Thanks literaryfreak!

So excited to see them this weekend... [shallow]I hope Meryl's hair is styled better for the FD. I think it would look lovely if she did it in a braided chignon (similar to Ashley Wagner in the LP I bellieve?). The current style does nothing for her![/shallow]

Hoping to see more detail added to both dances, I'm looking forward to watching the performances grow throughout the season.

vCash
    The Shibs are already there so perhaps Davis and White have arrived too?
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    What I can't get over is that three weeks ago during SA I had school and couldn't see much and this time around I have school too and will probably see even less... The folks at my school responsible for schedules must really hate me (or are secretly Tessa and Scott fans )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    What I can't get over is that three weeks ago during SA I had school and couldn't see much and this time around I have school too and will probably see even less... The folks at my school responsible for schedules must really hate me (or are secretly Tessa and Scott fans )
    I was a grad student in 1992, and I had class the night when Kristi Yamaguchi skated her long program and won the gold medal. I went flying back to my apartment as soon as class was over (and of course it was the class with the most long-winded professor in the history of long-winded professors), but the final flight of ladies was almost halfway over. I was convinced God hated me. Kristi is one of my favorite skaters of all time. I taped the event, so I was able to rewatch it later, but I was always furious at that particular professor for holding the class 15-20 minutes late (and we had to be there at like 9 AM the next day--ugh!).

So I feel your pain.

Don't get me started on the night we lost power when the ladies were skating their long programs in Vancouver.

At least with NHK, you kind of know already what the results are going to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by E.A. Week View Post
    I was a grad student in 1992, and I had class the night when Kristi Yamaguchi skated her long program and won the gold medal.
    Now, see, if it were me, I'd have just skipped the class. (Hey, it's only one time....)

I remember the night Kristi won. I was in college and had dinner with some friends in another dorm. As I was leaving the dorm, I passed by the TV room and heard the newscaster (who I didn't realize right away was the sportscaster) tell people to go into another room and close the door. I was like, huh?, and paused for a minute to see what he was talking about. Then he announced that Kristi had won the OGM, and the rest of the medals (this was in the Boston area, so of course they were excited about Nancy). Ugh, I was so mad at myself for not running out the door while I had the chance, lol. I had hoped to watch unspoiled.

For Sochi, I know there's no way I can stay unspoiled in our Internet age, lol. I'm hoping that NBC will broadcast live online, like they did with the London Olys. At least I could watch the event unfold, albeit on a computer monitor.

vCash
    At least with NHK, you kind of know already what the results are going to be.
    haha true! I feel better now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    I'm sorry I am hoping you'll at least get to see GPF

Since we're talking memories, the last time I got "spoiled" was waking up to Kwan withdrawing from 2006 Olys before it was officially announced. It was the last time I allowed myself to get that emotional over a skater. Since then, I have my favorites but I don't reach for wine, potato chips, do prayers/prayer circles, throw hexes at the rivals eat those awful candies that Kwan liked, nor do I listen to particular songs, or hop backwards 10 times (KIDDING ) I just sit back and enjoy
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    I'm sorry I am hoping you'll at least get to see GPF

Since we're talking memories, the last time I got "spoiled" was waking up to Kwan withdrawing from 2006 Olys before it was officially announced. It was the last time I allowed myself to get that emotional over a skater. Since then, I have my favorites but I don't reach for wine, potato chips, do prayers/prayer circles, throw hexes at the rivals eat those awful candies that Kwan liked, nor do I listen to particular songs, or hop backwards 10 times (KIDDING ) I just sit back and enjoy
    ROTFL, the last skater I got that shamanistic over was Johnny Weir (and fat lot of good it did, too). I try not to get too emotional over skaters, but it's hard not to when they kind of grab your heart, and you SO want for them to win/ do well. That said, MC have spoiled me silly with their consistency. They've been either first or second in every competition going back to... wow, 2009? I think Worlds 2009 was the last competition where they finished anything other than first or second (correct?). Considering my past loves have included skaters like Scott Davis, Nicole Bobek, Johnny Weir, and more recently Adam Rippon, it's a breath of fresh air to fangirl a skater/ team that is not a complete and utter headcase. I think Paul Wylie was the only skater to pleasantly surprise me.

Michelle Kwan... the 1998 Olympics result are still a head-scratcher to me (but less of a head-scratcher than Michelle ditching her coach mere months before the 2002 Olympics). I mean, she has two Olympic medals, which is something a lot of skaters would kill for, but the fact that one of the greatest ladies skaters of all time doesn't have an OGM is equal parts baffling and heartbreaking. Even that doesn't compare, however, to Kurt Browning having NO Olympic medal of any color... that is well and truly a shame.

Debbie S., the reason I couldn't cut class to watch Kristi skate was that the class was in a weekend format. It met four times per semester, three hours on Friday night, and six hours (GAAAAK) on Saturday. It was too huge a chunk of the course to miss. To this day, the memory of Professor Windbag makes me grind my molars. I used to sleep through his classes... he once asked me a question while I was dozing; I opened my eyes halfway, answered his question lucidly and with an example (which infuriated him; I could just tell), and when he started droning on, I nodded off again.

Okay, when are we going to get some MC news/ photos/ videos, so I can stop reminiscing and get my brain back in the present-day?

vCash
    Michelle Kwan... the 1998 Olympics result are still a head-scratcher to me (but less of a head-scratcher than Michelle ditching her coach mere months before the 2002 Olympics). I mean, she has two Olympic medals, which is something a lot of skaters would kill for, but the fact that one of the greatest ladies skaters of all time doesn't have an OGM is equal parts baffling and heartbreaking. Even that doesn't compare, however, to Kurt Browning having NO Olympic medal of any color... that is well and truly a shame.
    For me I was more upset about the fact that Kwan withdrew than that she never got the Gold. The lost opportunity bothered me more than the end result.

vCash
    I'm excited about getting to see these two programs again. I love both their programs but I'm partial to their FD this season. I'm so glad they saved this program for the Olympic season.

This is a unique looking Kiss and Cry.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYbtIvcCAAAHsy6.jpg:large
    Last edited by mollymgr; 11-07-2013 at 09:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    This is a unique looking Kiss and Cry.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYbtIvcCAAAHsy6.jpg:large
    That is amazing!

Hoping for some practice reports and pictures soon.

vCash
    Skating events in Japan always have the craziest and best Kiss and Cries.

vCash
    I love the colors.

vCash
    I can't believe we didn't get any practice footage, not even photos? I want to know the costumes NOW!

vCash
    I love the colors.
    Meryl and Charlie will fit right in with their Free Dance costumes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    Meryl and Charlie will fit right in with their Free Dance costumes.
    It's true! It's going to look like a Christmas card photo. Marina and Oleg better coordinate.

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast