Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    Why anyone would ever think Evan should lead a promotional video is beyond me. This isn't even about his skating, he has the camera persona of a rock. A rock dipped in cheese.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post
    Incredible art depicting Meryl and Charlie's Scheherazade beginning pose.

ETA: another really nice blog about the class meeting Meryl and Charlie at the Rockefeller Rink
    Beautiful artwork (SIGH, I wish I could draw!) and a wonderful blog entry! Thanks for sharing!

vCash
    Why anyone would ever think Evan should lead a promotional video is beyond me.
    Well, how many of the other athletes in this video did you know on sight? The narrative begins "There's a requirement for perfection if you want to win..." so it needed to be someone who had won an OGM and that lets out D-W. Also, he is tall and slim and probably looks better in those awful white pants than anyone else in this video.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    Oh man, I don't want to spoil that blog for anyone, but it's really heart-warming. Especially Meryl and Charlie's gesture near the end. Makes me so proud to be a fan of them. I wish we could bring these kids to all their competitions, with their "Go Meryl! Go Charlie!" chant and signs.

Kaffeine, that picture is beautiful. The facial expressions are perfect.
    I know, is there any way we could get these kids on a bus from NY to Boston in January? Puffs, Kellogs, Visa, Ralph Lauren, anyone want to sponsor this? I'll gladly chip in!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    I've said it over and over but being a fan of Meryl and Charlie is a wonderful thing in my life! They are not only fantastic skaters and performers, but they are simply two amazing young adults and role models. That blog was a great example!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Wonderful blog by the Classroom Champions teacher whose class got to meet M&C at Rockefeller Center:

http://www.classroomchampions.org/co...-Meryl-Charlie
    Awww, what a great moment for the kids and the teacher! And what a nice gesture from Meryl and Charlie at the end. Looks like we've got some new D/W fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    Well, how many of the other athletes in this video did you know on sight? The narrative begins "There's a requirement for perfection if you want to win..." so it needed to be someone who had won an OGM and that lets out D-W. Also, he is tall and slim and probably looks better in those awful white pants than anyone else in this video.
    I totally agree. Evan looks fantastic in the clothes. As much as he is (unfairly) derided, he will always be an Olympic gold medalist.

vCash
    Why anyone would ever think Evan should lead a promotional video is beyond me. This isn't even about his skating, he has the camera persona of a rock. A rock dipped in cheese.
    I actually thought he was perect for this spot. A rock is exactly what the US Olympic team wants to look like. We cannot be moved. We cannot be defeated. Good psychology, IMO. I'll ignore the cheese part as I'm sure he was scripted. I'm not a fan of his, but he is an OGM, a very tough competitor, has a great work ethic, and for those reasons is a great role model for other aspiring Olympians.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    I totally agree. Evan looks fantastic in the clothes. As much as he is (unfairly) derided, he will always be an Olympic gold medalist.
    Shani Davis is a pretty big deal and he's tall, slim, and multiple gold medal winner. He's also has a pretty solid chance of winning another OGM since he currently holds a few world records so...
    Last edited by Jessiebanana; 10-31-2013 at 06:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I actually thought he was perect for this spot. A rock is exactly what the US Olympic team wants to look like. We cannot be moved. We cannot be defeated. Good psychology, IMO. I'll ignore the cheese part as I'm sure he was scripted. I'm not a fan of his, but he is an OGM, a very tough competitor, has a great work ethic, and for those reasons is a great role model for other aspiring Olympians.
    I don't mean rock in the solid way. I mean his lack of expression.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash

vCash
    Awww that is too cute!

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash

vCash
    Shani Davis is a pretty big deal and he's tall, slim, and multiple gold medal winner. He's also has a pretty solid chance of winning another OGM since he currently holds a few world records so...
    His was the only non-skater name familiar to me, but I didn't know his face and still don't know what sport he does. You can insult Lysacek all you want, but he still has way more name and face recognition among the general public than anyone else in this video. (Maybe Shani Davis needs to take a turn on DWTS to up his profile.)

vCash
    Lysacek is dull. I thought DWTS would bring out personality a bit more, but wow was I wrong.
    I love his skating--and not to mention that his hometown of Naperville is less than 5 away minutes from me... but still I think he was more vibrant before 2009. For instance, his MJ program showed his personality off perfectly, and watching the 2008 4cc Gala, he seemed cool and a lot of fun, dancing with Miki and all...

Shani Davis is a bit more...um personable..? On a side note, Lysacek would make a fantastic Slender Man for Halloween.
    just saying

vCash
    I wonder what was inside those goodie bags...mwahehe

Edit: NVM I saw what they gave them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I saw this, I wonder who got to wear the hat first, Meryl or DJ...hmmm .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    Oh man, I don't want to spoil that blog for anyone, but it's really heart-warming. Especially Meryl and Charlie's gesture near the end. Makes me so proud to be a fan of them. I wish we could bring these kids to all their competitions, with their "Go Meryl! Go Charlie!" chant and signs.
    We know there will be a few more fans rooting for them.
    I loved the pictures the kids drew of Meryl and Charlie in the video at the end of the blog. What an amazing experience for them!

ETA: I love that new ending pose. I hope they keep it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    Lysacek is dull. I thought DWTS would bring out personality a bit more, but wow was I wrong.
    I love his skating--and not to mention that his hometown of Naperville is less than 5 away minutes from me... but still I think he was more vibrant before 2009. For instance, his MJ program showed his personality off perfectly, and watching the 2008 4cc Gala, he seemed cool and a lot of fun, dancing with Miki and all...

Shani Davis is a bit more...um personable..? On a side note, Lysacek would make a fantastic Slender Man for Halloween.
    just saying
    Sometimes I go back and watch Evan's performance at Marshall's Challenge thingy in 2006, the one in the yellow jersey, to remind myself what he used to be like. I'm not crazy about the persona he cultivated post-Torino. That said, he's tall and good-looking, and makes a good model for the team gear. He's just too full of himself lately for me to take seriously.

vCash
    Warning you guys now, you may not be able to handle the cuteness of this picture!
    https://twitter.com/Meryl_Davis/stat...951361/photo/1

Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast