Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    Is anyone else torn between wanting the comfort of seeing Meryl and Charlie perfect their FD and SD choreography wise before the Olympics and wanting to see that little extra surprise, that little something something they've held back for the last performance? I know their energy will be up and the performance will be magnified, but still.

*I mean something little, like the bells and spiral changes in ND, not anything major to step sequences or lifts that would throw them off.
    A new end pose for the FD. Something that (should they win ) will be an iconic image.
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    I'm still torn on something else: whether or not their potential win at the GPF will be a good or a bad sign. Lol I know these days they don't really give us anything to worry about so we come up with silly stuff like this, but still. If they win the GPF, we will be wanting them to have another undefeated season, which would be great... but how possible? On the other hand a win in Fukuoka would strenghten their reputation as world #1, as well as their confidence. Would send them to Sochi as leaders. But then again, it makes me think about 2010.

I know, I know, I'm creating my own problems Still, I think whoever wins the GPF will affect the Olys, one way or another.

vCash
    Ugh, I feel the same way. As of right now, I think they're at a better place to win the GPF, especially combined with V/Ms bad GP luck. It seems almost inevitable they'll win, assuming that don't have a bad fall. I think V/M will really need the next couple months to improve their FD.

But I would hate for them to be punished for winning. I don't think they will, I think the judges are favoring their program this season *and* they haven't committed to Worlds yet, right? So that wouldn't be a perfect season, if they didn't go.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    ^ lol is the little face at the bottom Charlie?

vCash
    That fan art just made me realize how much of a hair couple they would be!

vCash
    Either Charlie or Gracie Gold.

(Just kidding, but the blond hair and big smile made me think of the "Does Gracie have too big a smile thread".)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    For a moment, it looked like it was Apolo Ohno.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    LOL at Charlie in the corner with both flags.

vCash
    Less than a week until GPF!

Here's to hopefully a 5th consecutive GPF title! They've got the programs, the drive, the scores, and history behind them
    Last edited by Kaffeine; 11-30-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: corrected dates for GPF
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post

Here's to hopefully a 5th consecutive GPF title! They've got the programs, the drive, the scores, and history behind them
    YES!!! I will be rooting so hard for them to have two amazing performances!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post

Don't forget the Japanese crowd. They're great to everyone, but they love M/C. It's better than a home crowd tbh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    Don't forget the Japanese crowd. They're great to everyone, but they love M/C. It's better than a home crowd tbh.
    That's true. I am excited to see what changes they have done, especially now that Alex Wong has been helping them.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I wonder what costumes we'll see. Charlie's FD costume is all set IMO.

Meryl's SLC FD costume is my favorite costume she's ever worn. The cut and design is perfect. I don't know if that design works in a stronger color, but that dress in teal would be spectacular.

vCash
    So excited! Gooooo Meryl and Charlie!

I love the pink dress for their short but I thought the lavender dress was absolutely exquisite and I'm really hoping it makes another appearance soon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    I wonder what costumes we'll see. Charlie's FD costume is all set IMO.

Meryl's SLC FD costume is my favorite costume she's ever worn. The cut and design is perfect. I don't know if that design works in a stronger color, but that dress in teal would be spectacular.
    I think the light color was a huge part. It kind of blended into to her skin giving her a delicate ethereal appearance.

I'm trying to go into this without too many expectations. I just hope they skate well and dazzle the audience. Whatever else happens, happens. I'm going to think about this positively, even if they lose the GPF it will be nice for T/S to win one before they retire.

vCash
    I am hoping their SD costumes stay untouched. For SD, I hope they nail that midline finally and get it the level 4 it deserves!

For FD definitely new costume for Meryl, like I said many times, one that matches Charlie's outfit a bit more. I also liked the SLC dress better, it was more delicate and delicate always looks good on Meryl. As far as the dance goes, maybe the transition before the last step sequence. And a new end pose. Other than that, everything is great.

vCash
    I feel like I harp on this, but would it honestly kill NBC to feature Meryl and Charlie in just one Olympic promo? During the Holiday skating show, NBC showed a promo featuring medal winners from Vancouver, except figure skating, they chose to show Gracie Gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    I feel like I harp on this, but would it honestly kill NBC to feature Meryl and Charlie in just one Olympic promo? During the Holiday skating show, NBC showed a promo featuring medal winners from Vancouver, except figure skating, they chose to show Gracie Gold.
    I'm annoyed by the lack of attention they give M/C too, but I think Pandora sponsors Gracie. That might be one reason why she got a spotlight in this particular show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I'm annoyed by the lack of attention they give M/C too, but I think Pandora sponsors Gracie. That might be one reason why she got a spotlight in this particular show.
    NBC videos

http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/201...ng-sportsdash/
    http://i.nbcolympics.com/video/asset...5c4d22dd4.html
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-ya...cid.yahoo.html
    http://i.nbcolympics.com/photos/gall...+charlie+white

All this silly ubber talk of D-W not have any NBC promotion, all in dream mind of D-W ubber. But you can dream wonderful dream

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast