Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Awesome, but Silver medals...M/C were gold all season lol

vCash
    Too bad aluminum foil doesn't come in gold.

vCash

vCash
    Nick Verreos on dance costumes at Skate America

http://nickverrreos.blogspot.com/201...-skate_21.html

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by E.A. Week View Post
    I'm not sure if an all-North American podium will be "allowed" at the Games.
    Definitely not. I think more "tweaking" can be done with the scores in dance, without public outrage, because most people can't see what is being scored. The mistakes and scoring in freeskating can be more easily spotted and compared, such as falls, underrotations, etc. I think there will still be a Russian team on the podium.

vCash
    Aren't they? DJ looks to be some kind of schnauzer mix, and I'm wildly biased toward schnauzers, since I'm kind of the co-parent of one. Love, love, love!
    Totally irrelevant to the conversation, but I'm a nut for dog breeds and DJ is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel/Bichon Frise mix. I think Meryl's family owns that large, black Portugese Water Dog whose name I don't know. DJ's just the cutest.

vCash
    Less than a week until NHK
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    Can't wait! Compared to NHK, CoC's dance lineup was simply weak.

Any costume ideas? I hope they totally keep the SA SD ones. They are already perfect and don't need any changes. If Meryl abandones the pink dress I will be utterly disappointed.

As for FD, hope their colors match this time I've been thinking about it and I think Meryl's dress should be a little more delicate, more like the one from SLC. Someone said that SA one looked like it was strangling her and I have to admit, after watching it several times, I agree. Also wanna see more sparkle in her hair! Something more visible, that current headband is losing the battle against her hair

Love both of Charlie's costumes, though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Can't wait! Compared to NHK, CoC's dance lineup was simply weak.

Any costume ideas? I hope they totally keep the SA SD ones. They are already perfect and don't need any changes. If Meryl abandones the pink dress I will be utterly disappointed.

As for FD, hope their colors match this time I've been thinking about it and I think Meryl's dress should be a little more delicate, more like the one from SLC. Someone said that SA one looked like it was strangling her and I have to admit, after watching it several times, I agree. Also wanna see more sparkle in her hair! Something more visible, that current headband is losing the battle against her hair

Love both of Charlie's costumes, though
    I'm going to guess that if she has yet another FD dress, maybe it'll be violet/purple shade? She seems to be heading that way : first with the ice blue, then the teal..

I hope the new SD end pose we saw at the Rockefeller rink is the same one we see at NHK. It was much more effective. I expect they spent more time working on getting those step sequences for both programs up to Level 4. I hope to see the upside-down lift more refined..it's getting there. Very excited
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    Do you think Meryl wearing the SLC SD dress means she might switch back to that dress for NHK?

I can't wait for Friday at 10:05!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Do you think Meryl wearing the SLC SD dress means she might switch back to that dress for NHK?

I can't wait for Friday at 10:05!!!
    Well Meryl wore the blue DF dress to mostly exhibition skates of their FD and it was never the official dress, so this might actually be a bad sign for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    Those are really good costumes! But yes, seriously ROTFL, in a good way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiloquy View Post
    Totally irrelevant to the conversation, but I'm a nut for dog breeds and DJ is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel/Bichon Frise mix. I think Meryl's family owns that large, black Portugese Water Dog whose name I don't know. DJ's just the cutest.
    LOL, something about DJ's looks just says "schnauzer" to me, but I'm biased, so I see schnauzers everywhere.

vCash
    LOL, something about DJ's looks just says "schnauzer" to me, but I'm biased, so I see schnauzers everywhere.
    Well, my guess was going to be Havanese.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    Well Meryl wore the blue DF dress to mostly exhibition skates of their FD and it was never the official dress, so this might actually be a bad sign for it.
    Yeah, you're probably right. I actually don't mind the pink dress, so I'm okay with it.

vCash
    The pink dress is a winner The more I watch their SD, the more I love it. Right now I'm the "wouldn't change a thing" stage.

When do practices at NHK start? Can we count on some photos/videos? I'd think they have a strong fanbase in Japan, so I sure hope so.

vCash
    I don't care honestly, as long as she looks pretty. I think the pink is a little girly for Meryl's personality, so my instincts say she'll change it. I also think she might want to save her favorite for the Olympics. I wouldn't even be surprised if she wore different costumes for the team event, something previously seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    The pink dress is a winner The more I watch their SD, the more I love it. Right now I'm the "wouldn't change a thing" stage.

When do practices at NHK start? Can we count on some photos/videos? I'd think they have a strong fanbase in Japan, so I sure hope so.
    I love the pink dress, too. I would have used a less shiny satin for the top, but other than that, it's beautiful. I wouldn't be surprised if Meryl goes through a few more costumes before the Olympics, though. I suspect she'll want costumes that will just "feel" right to her.

For the free, I'd love to see the style of the SLC costume, but in a more vibrant color, like the teal blue in the SkAm costume. But again, it wouldn't surprise me if Meryl goes with something completely different by the time of the Olympics. I do hope she stays in the blue/ turquoise family, though, because they're such great colors on her, and she's worn a lot of red/ purple/ burgundy over the years. I like the idea of a softer color for the short and something really intense for the free. I do love Charlie in the purple, though I think there needs to be more turquoise accents on his costume and more purple accents on Meryl's, just to tie them together visually. Turquoise and dark purple are a terrific color combination. Add some gold accents, and you have a look that really compliments Scheherazade--rich, luxurious, royal.

I'm dying for NHK photos/ videos/ practice reports, and it's only Tuesday! (LOL). I'm also tapping my fingers impatiently waiting for some MC cereal boxes.

vCash
    I don't care honestly, as long as she looks pretty. I think the pink is a little girly for Meryl's personality, so my instincts say she'll change it. I also think she might want to save her favorite for the Olympics. I wouldn't even be surprised if she wore different costumes for the team event, something previously seen.
    that would actually make a lot of sense! can't change the programs, change the costumes

vCash

Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast