Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Re-posting this news video segment (~ 5 mins long):
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/o...m/-/index.html piece on the 5 ice dance teams in Detroit!
    Interview clips of Davis/White, Chock/Bates, Shibutanis, Hubbell/Donohue, and Lynn & Logan.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-27-2013 at 10:51 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Lynn and Logan are the longest of shots, but I would be over the moon if they snuck in. And already devastated for the two teams that will be left out.

vCash
    Shibs created a video imitating the styles of dance shown on the Charlie Brown Christmas special
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Shibs created a video imitating the styles of dance shown on the Charlie Brown Christmas special
    The video is actually their entry into the #ChristmasDanceWars Instagram battles started during Thanksgiving by Derek Hough and Mark Ballas. The Shibs were actually invited or "challenged" to enter by Kristi Yamaguchi. Kristi's DWTS partner was Mark Ballas and the Shibs work with Corky Ballas.

vCash
    Apparently the Shibs are ditching that dreadful "Ben" section of their free dance and using "Man in the Mirror" instead. They had their teleconference today.

vCash
    Ben wasn't bad--it was just WAYYYYY too long and dragged the whole program down.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Awesome - I didn't expect it to actually happen!!!

vCash
    Excellent news! Can't wait to see what that change does to the overall program. I've been hoping they'd do something about that section.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Apparently the Shibs are ditching that dreadful "Ben" section of their free dance and using "Man in the Mirror" instead. They had their teleconference today.
    Yes!! The orchestral Ben part never worked for me, from the start.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    From Lynn Rutherford's tweets about the press conference:

More on Shibs' FD: They've made a few tweaks in the lifts, and changed the spin & choreo lift. Maia: "It really feels like it's ours."

https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/s...07312679501824
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Oh good, maybe I'll be able to actually make it through the entire program.

vCash

vCash
    Getting so excited for the competition to begin. Here's a link to ice-dance.com's US Nationals preview:
    http://ice-dance.com/main/2013-2014-...d-world-berths

Blergh
    vCash
    The "Ben" piece was very beautiful, but it did not go with the other two pieces at all. I was hoping they'd add more dance pieces in the beginning and the end as well to make the dance really pop (I always thought there was a better piece to open with than "Gotta Be Starting Something"), but changing the slow section to "Man in the Mirror" is a better choice as I can see the crowd getting into that a lot more.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Looking forward to the Shibs' reworked FD!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    The "Ben" piece was very beautiful, but it did not go with the other two pieces at all. I was hoping they'd add more dance pieces in the beginning and the end as well to make the dance really pop (I always thought there was a better piece to open with than "Gotta Be Starting Something"), but changing the slow section to "Man in the Mirror" is a better choice as I can see the crowd getting into that a lot more.
    When asked about how they choose music, the Shibs said in the conference call that lyrics are very important to them in terms of their music choice. Specifically, selecting "The Best is Yet To Come" was intentional as they found the lyrics meaningful to them as they train the program throughout the year. They also pointed out that the lyrics to the song chosen for the Finn Step section also specifically call out the moves in the dance.

"Gotta Be Startin' Somethin'" is actually a very logical and one might argue authentic choice for "starting" their Free dance. Michael Jackson himself often chose to start concerts and even some albums with this song. Given how the Shibs worked with Michael Jackson's choreographers from "This Is It" choosing this song to start the program actually makes sense, and seems specifically thought out as well.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Elicia Reynolds & Stephen Reynolds: The Battle to Boston http://www.ice-dance.com/main/news/g...ttle-to-boston

What a remarkable story. A Puffs moment for sure!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    That's exciting! Although I love the song Ben, MITM is a better choice for a dance, IMO.

vCash
    NBC preview on the Ice Dance competition: http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/201...ite-shibutani/

As usual, there are errors (Chock and Bates did medal on the GP for example), but hey, they are mentioning the ice dancers!!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast