Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

vCash
    One of my favourite teams is Hubbbell/Donahue. I know they have been off with injury and surgery but it will be fun to see where they fit in the mix if they are ready for next season. I could really get behind them.
    pug lover

vCash
    Kristin Nardozzi and Nick Traxler have announced their retirement. I hadn't a clue.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Traxler's about to turn 33. He was coaching when he teamed up with Charlotte Maxwell in the mid '00's; very much like Morosov he skated to give his pupil a partner. I'm not surprised he's retiring.

Congratulations to Zuerlein and Maitrot!
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Here's the initial published list for USFS' 2014-15 International Selection Pool (ISP) - link is posted here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4230874

ICE DANCING (2014 Nationals placements added)

Alexandra Aldridge & Daniel Eaton S5
    Alissandra Aronow & Collin Brubaker S9
    Julia Biechler & Damian Dodge J7
    Anastasia Cannuscio & Colin McManus S7
    Madison Chock & Evan Bates S2
    Meryl Davis & Charlie White S1
    Sarah Feng & Anthony Ponomarenko N3
    Eliana Gropman & Ian Somerville N2
    Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker J1
    Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue S4
    Lynn Kriengkrairut & Logan Giulietti-Schmitt S6
    Chloe Lewis & Logan Bye J6
    Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter J2
    Holly Moore & Daniel Klaber J4
    Anastasia Olson & Ian Lorello S8
    Rachel Parsons & Michael Parsons J3
    Elliana Pogrebinsky & Ross Gudis J5
    Maia Shibutani & Alex Shibutani S3
    Danielle Thomas & Alexander Martin N4

(Note: 2014 U.S. Novice champs Gigi & Luca Becker are not included because she is 12 and still too young for the JGP next season.)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    There are definitely some teams that have split/retired on that list. Wonder why they haven't informed USFS yet?

vCash
    NYS Senate Session honoring Hawayek and Baker. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yI_o-R6hoA&

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    There are definitely some teams that have split/retired on that list. Wonder why they haven't informed USFS yet?
    Have the final envelope distributions from last year cleared yet?

vCash
    Lynn/Logan's retirement news thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...nce-retirement

Pogrebinsky/Gudis and Feng/Ponomarenko have been removed from the ISP and presumably have split.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Feng/Ponomarenko? Seriously? I was looking forward to seeing them develop further.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    I liked F/P. Actually really bummed.

Looking for my siggy!!!
    vCash
    Have these teams retired or split Reid & Erwin no Nats '14 , Lucas & Kazansky no Nats '14, Gaughn & Lithco no Nats '14 ???

vCash
    Anthony is skating with a new partner, and Sarah is focusing on freestyle...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by weirfan06 View Post
    Anthony is skating with a new partner, and Sarah is focusing on freestyle...
    Any idea who the new partner is?

vCash
    Not really. A girl out in Michigan. I think her name is Christina, but I don't know who she is or anything.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Any idea who the new partner is?
    Her name is Christina Carreira. Looks like she used to skate for Canada with Simon-Pierre Malette-Pacquette.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    New U.S. Dance news thread for the new season: U.S. Ice Dance 2014/15 - news & updates

Christina Carreira/Simon-Pierre Malette-Paquette placed 5th in Novice at 2013 Canadians - their bio from that event: http://eventcoverage.ice-dance.com/m...lette-paquette

ETA Junior/Novice/Intermediate teams from 2014 U.S. Nationals currently known to have split:

JUNIOR
    Elliana Pogrebinsky/Ross Gudis J5 - both reportedly have new partners, she has switched to Shpilband (see new thread)
    Rachel Brozina/Nicholas Taylor J8 - she is listed on IPS (*see note below)
    Tory Patsis/Joseph Johnson J10 - he has a new partner (see new thread)
    Olivia Di Iorio/Alex Benoit J11 - he has a new partner (see new thread)
    Kelsey Barnes/Douglas Stevenson J14 - she is listed on IPS

* Excerpt from Rachel Brozina's IPS profile: "I’m in the process of applying for my Estonian citizenship. ... My former partner stopped skating due to injury. We had a very good partnership and he has offered to be a reference."

NOVICE
    Sarah Feng/Anthony Ponomarenko N3 - he has a new partner, now coached by Shpilband (see new thread)
    Payten Howland/Jason Cohn N6 - she was listed on IPS earlier but no longer is
    Madison Fox/Val Katsman N8 - both are listed on IPS
    Karina Manta/Jonathan Thompson N10 - she has new partner (see new thread)
    Kirsten Sjogren/Justin Curran N12 - she is listed on IPS

INTERMEDIATE
    Hannah Cook/Jarred Druzynski Int6 - she's listed on IPS; he has a new partner (see new thread)
    Jordyn Levinsky-Carter/Logan Leonesio Int7 - he has a new partner (see new thread)

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by Penniless Rostrum View Post
    Have these teams retired or split Reid & Erwin no Nats '14 , Lucas & Kazansky no Nats '14, Gaughn & Lithco no Nats '14 ???
    Rebecca Lucas has a new partner from KAZ named Timerlan Yerzhanov and I believe they have registered to compete Junior in a club comp. in early June.

Gaughan/Lithco placed J5 at Midwestern Sectionals in November 2013 and are scheduled to compete Senior in a club comp. in later June (see new thread).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-19-2014 at 05:27 PM.

vCash
    Updating the splits from 2014 Nationals here rather than in the 2014/15 thread where known new partnerships are listed:

Karina Manta/Jonathan Thompson N10 - she has new partner (see new thread); he is listed on IPS
    Kaitlyn Moshang/Todd Gilman Int10 - he is newly listed on IPS

ETA the most recent video I found of Christina Carreira/Simon-Pierre Malette-Paquette (November 2012): http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26721576
    They did not compete last season, AFAIK. She is 16 now, I believe?
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-21-2014 at 03:44 PM.

vCash
    What about the other Cannuscio sister, Isabella..is she still skating with Mike Brammante? I thought there was potential there, liked their look.

vCash
    Posted earlier in the thread:
    Split after Nationals (11th place): Isabella Cannuscio/Michael Bramante (he is listed on IPS)
    Bramante is currently based at the Detroit SC, according to his IPS profile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

ETA the most recent video I found of Christina Carreira/Simon-Pierre Malette-Paquette (November 2012): http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26721576
    They did not compete last season, AFAIK. She is 16 now, I believe?

16??? How old is Anthony? I thought he was about 9-10?? Im hoping it was an old video I saw because that age difference is a bit extreme, no?

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast