Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicElle View Post
    so does that mean Liza is going to be a cast member?
    that would make my life!

i am not crazy about the finale for two reasons. one, it was kind of normal. like a really amped up episode of charmed. i expected more. and two, so fiona who is a mediocre witch (couldnt make out misty's sounds in the graveyard, married to a freakin witch hunter), suddenly finds her inner supreme because myrtle says "yes, you can."

i would have loved it if myrtle had been the supreme.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I loved the Finale for the most part but I was really bummed about Misty's end - why her in her own hell and not the Axe-man? Unless he's just a representation in Fiona's hell. I don't like that Nan ended up with Papa Legbo either. :/ The rest I thought was fab though. My favorite line "KNOTTY PINE?!" Also "Crown me - or KISS MY A$$!"
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    that would make my life!

i am not crazy about the finale for two reasons. one, it was kind of normal. like a really amped up episode of charmed. i expected more. and two, so fiona who is a mediocre witch (couldnt make out misty's sounds in the graveyard, married to a freakin witch hunter), suddenly finds her inner supreme because myrtle says "yes, you can."

i would have loved it if myrtle had been the supreme.
    I think you meant her daughter, Cordelia. Delia was suppressed by her mother for years. I think that played a part in Cordelia not being able to tap into or fully realize her true powers until Fiona was nearer death with her cancer.

I wish they'd consider doing another 'Coven' season. So many places they could take this! They could somehow bring both Nan and Misty back and go on from there.

I think it would have ROCKED if Myrtle could have been Supreme too but alas! Oh yes - she too had one of my favorite lines - at her burning - "BALENCIAGA!"
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 02-03-2014 at 11:55 AM.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    I thought the finale of AHS:Coven was kind of weak. It's American Horror Story, not American Home For Lost Goths. So far I think I liked Haven best - less random than s1 and sharper writing than s3.

They had a fantastic cast in Lange, Bates, Basset and Conroy though.

And at BALENCIAAAAGAAAA!! and "What is this!? Knotty PINE!???"

vCash
    I loved Coven and felt it was a nice contrast to the intensity of Asylum. I think Coven was meant to be campy and definitely succeeded!
    What's Haven?

vCash
    Coven was by far my least favourite season. I mean the acting was amazballs except for Sidibe but I found it really hard to root for any character. I just found the evil and darkness and violence relentless. And any of the few good characters were wimpy, only mildly interesting or killed by the end. I love Sarah Paulson but I thought the ending of her arc was weak in the finale. Although it did make sense her being repressed by her mother, I would have like a little more forshadowing to make it more plausible. I also found Taissa's character and acting incredibly flat. I loved her in the first season. Meh. This was its most successful, buzzed about season critically but it just didn't grab me.

I was definitely more invested and moved in the other season's characters. I do hope Bassett is back. As well as Bates. I know it is Lange's last season and I am fine with that. Rabe and Paulson should come back as well. I have heard a rumor that next season is vampires. I kind of hope not because TV is littered with them these days

I found the finale rather fizzled out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    I have heard a rumor that next season is vampires. I kind of hope not because TV is littered with them these days
    I vaguely remember an article after season 1 in which Ryan Murphy said he was up to anything besides vampires. Of course, he could have changed his mind...we should find out soon.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I vaguely remember an article after season 1 in which Ryan Murphy said he was up to anything besides vampires. Of course, he could have changed his mind...we should find out soon.
    I hope so. But Ryan Murphy changes his mind all the time. Just ask any fans of any of his shows.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    'American Horror Story' Season 4 to Be Set at a Carnival: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

vCash
    Cool! They can make it be like the third season of HBO's "Carnivale."
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I haven't read his exact words but is it at all possible that it will be set during Carnivale!? As in Mardi Gras? I could see this being a big mix up if all he said was "carnival" in a spoken interview and people just assumed A carnival and not the event that goes on in Louisiana. The reason I ask is because I heard they are filming in New Orleans again but we haven't gotten confirmation that it is actually set in New Orleans. It just brought Mardi Gras to my mind. I think being set at A carnival would be amazing, though. All the freaks!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I think it means Carnies which I think would be way cool. I could see Ryan loving a show like Carnival. The man loves his freaks and underdogs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I haven't read his exact words but is it at all possible that it will be set during Carnivale!? As in Mardi Gras? I could see this being a big mix up if all he said was "carnival" in a spoken interview and people just assumed A carnival and not the event that goes on in Louisiana. The reason I ask is because I heard they are filming in New Orleans again but we haven't gotten confirmation that it is actually set in New Orleans. It just brought Mardi Gras to my mind. I think being set at A carnival would be amazing, though. All the freaks!
    I don't think it will have much to do with New Orleans again. They tend to do a 180 regarding themes/locations from season to season. Like Georgia (where I live) there is a lot of filming in Louisiana (I think it's b/c of the tax breaks the studios get though I could be wrong). Either way, I don't think the filming location has as much to do with the actual location the story takes place in.

I think a haunted carnival would be an excellent setting. There's something inherently creepy about carnivals, especially ones in the early 1900s with their freak shows and whatnot. I liked last season though I thought they could have ended it a little better. It did start of great and fizzle a bit toward the end...

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I believe I read in EW earlier in the year that it will take place in the 1950's and Lange will have a German accent.

As for carnivals, the funhouse was always creepy. There has to be a fortune teller. Kathy Bates would make a good bearded lady.

The last season of Heroes took place in a carnival. It will be like deja-vu for Zachary Quinto if he's in this installment.

James Cromwell or Joseph Fiennes would make a good ring master.

vCash
    Reminds me of the X-Files episode, "Humbug." So excited if it goes in that direction!

ETA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humbug_(The_X-Files)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456