Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    The Hostages is going to do something new every year? Is it even going to get another year, I thought the ratings were horrible. I heard any interview with Dylan McDermott and he made it sound like this was a one time thing but didn't mention something new for next year. I just assumed it was only intended to run one season and that makes sense with the subject matter.
    One day on a long drive, I was listening to the Editors' Hour on EW radio on Sirius and they were saying that The Following and Hostages planned to take the anthology approach. Of course, I think that is contingent on Hostages getting renewed. I must admit that I watched the first two episodes and then never bothered again. Great cast, but nothing made me want to watch more. However, with a different story, I'd probably watch it again.

I'm hoping that Murphy stays with the somewhat lighter tone next season as well. Asylum was just too continually bleak (besides The Name Game) for me.
    Last edited by Allen; 11-10-2013 at 09:12 PM.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post

I'm hoping that Murphy stays with the somewhat lighter tone next season as well. Asylum was just too continually bleak (besides The Name Game) for me.
    "The Name Game" video was my favorite scene from Asylum last year.

vCash
    According to E online,

Spoiler

Carol

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CDANN1013 View Post
    According to E online,

Spoiler

Carol
    ....I can't wait.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I don't remember if it was on this message board or another but I predicted Nicks would be on the show at some point. They obviously had to get her approval for all of the music so she had to know she was going to be mentioned in the show a bit and a guest appearance just seems to be the next natural step.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Count me in as one who hasn't been that impressed with Coven so far, although anything with Bates, Lange and Bassett in it means it's a must watch for me. Asylum was so much better because it wasn't so campy and the writing was sharper, more human and thus more relatable. Coven so far has been nothing but one schlocky horror movie trope after another and bears so little semblance to the real world that it's hard for it to be affecting.

Bates and Lange, however, have been superb (well, duh!); Bassett's character hasn't been fleshed out that deeply yet but she does well with what little she's given. Farmiga's character, Zoe, is just so stupid that she's gonna make for one supremely annoying Supreme!

vCash
    I was not blown away by the first episode, but every episode since has been fantastic. I'm really enjoying Coven. Very different from Asylum..which I think is a good change-up. Coven has certainly given me a few laugh out loud moments. This week was no different with,

“I just want to find a good husband and have three kids. I think I have a good shot. I work out and play fantasy football.”

and

"My mom met someone on eHarmony, and they just went on a cruise to Nova Scotia.”

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I feel sorry for Kyle. He can't catch a break. And now he's chained up like an animal by stupid airhead Zoe. She'll probably forget about him for a week or 2. She is not Supreme material.

Misty watering Myrtle.
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 11-14-2013 at 10:32 PM.

vCash
    LOL at the class of 1919 turning the tables on a serial killer.

Yay! Madison is back.

I don't know why, but I just love that Gabourey Sidibe is in this.

vCash
    I think Sidibe is useless and could have been cast with almost anyone else. I know this is probably not nice but when I see her I am seriously worried for her health. She is so large. That has little to do with her acting, of course, but it makes me uncomfortable to watch her because I think about her as a person who could be in real danger and not about the character she is trying to portray.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Another great episode!!! Loved the scene of Kyle noticing all the different tattoos originally gotten by his dead friends.

"American Horror Story:Coven" 10 teases/spoilers: http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,2030...758506,00.html

EW's recap of last nights episode "AHS:Coven -The Dead" (November 20/2013): http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/america...ead-threesome/

vCash
    Last night's episode was interesting...lots of necrophilia going on there.

Zoe is starting to realize she has power though I'm not 100% sure why she killed Spaulding. Maybe b/c she knew he'd try to protect Fiona?

The whole Madison/Kyle then Madison/Kyle/Zoe thing was pretty crazy...

Seems to be getting worse as Zoe grows stronger. Next week is going to be really interesting with them all going after Fiona. I can't wait to see how that turns out.

And how awesome is Angela Bassett? I absolutely love her in this role and she's playing the hell out of it!

So excited to see what's going to happen! 2 week wait though

vCash
    Zoe had to kill Spaulding. He is never ever going to be loyal to anyone but Fiona and will do absolutely anything to protect her. However, the way this show works, don't be surprised if she just wants him dead for now and plans on bringing him back after they take care of Fiona.
    -Brian

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Zoe had to kill Spaulding. He is never ever going to be loyal to anyone but Fiona and will do absolutely anything to protect her. However, the way this show works, don't be surprised if she just wants him dead for now and plans on bringing him back after they take care of Fiona.
    yeah they are seriously short on wait staff right about now
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    This season is so much enjoyable than the other two.

It's more cohesive, and while there are plenty of "oh sh-t" moments they seem to mostly make sense.

Bummed that next season will be Jessica Lange's last; she's made this entire series.

Loving Kathy Bates character, especially when she was in the drive-thru.

vCash
    Do you think Bates would be interested in taking over for Lange as the female lead???
    -Brian

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Do you think Bates would be interested in taking over for Lange as the female lead???
    According to this weeks EW magazine, Murphy's been trying to get Reese Witherspoon, Michelle Pfeiffer and Michael Chiklis to guest in future installments.

He also would like to get Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott to guest on Coven before it ends.

Bates and Bassett both said they love the show and would keep doing it if asked.

ETA: I get the feeling Lange would continue after next season if the price was right.
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 11-24-2013 at 05:41 AM.

vCash
    Lange is leaving!?! I missed that bit of news.

Looking forward to tonight / new episode.

vCash
    Roommate and I just finished the season finale of Asylum tonight. We loved the first season but we were absolutely hooked on Asylum and were totally in love with how much of a BAMF Lana Winters was by the end (and we both loved Sister Jude as well). The whole cast was just so spot-on the whole season, I was surprised only Cromwell got an Emmy for it (which he richly deserved, he was spectacularly loathsome). I was also shocked that it ended on such a (relatively) happy note - lots of shockingly sweet moments in the finale with Kit and Jude in particular. Lily Rabe did an extraordinary job as well.

Excited to start watching Coven soon. We're both salivating at the thought of Kathy Bates on this show with Jessica Lange. Plus, last I checked Dylan McDermott wasn't in Coven, which is fantastic.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Recap of "AHS:Coven" Aired December 11/2013 "The Head": http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...-the-head.html

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast