Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

American Horror Story: Coven

Zoe is the Farmiga girl, right? I really hope it's not her because that is so predictable and she has been helpless. I'd like a twist. Maybe someone we haven't met yet or what about Lily Rabes character?! She can't be killed so her health is not an issue. Lol
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Zoe is the Farmiga girl, right? I really hope it's not her because that is so predictable and she has been helpless. I'd like a twist. Maybe someone we haven't met yet or what about Lily Rabes character?! She can't be killed so her health is not an issue. Lol
    I think Zoe is too predictable as well. However, because the new supreme is absorbing her power, it would seem it would almost have to be someone in the house or someone with whom she has come in contact, which makes me think it isn't Misty. Queenie and Nan seem like they would not be logical choices based on the criteria that keeps accumulating. So, it almost makes me think it has to be Zoe since offing Madison did not seem to change the situation.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Does the Supreme have to be a woman? I was thinking maybe it's the hot new neighbor guy? There must be a reason why the new neighbors were brought into the story.

Zoe just seems to obvious.
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 11-01-2013 at 04:51 AM.

vCash
    You know, it probably does not have to be a woman...all of the pictures of supremes on the wall are women. Interesting thought about the neighbor. There is an article where Patti Lupone describes her character as being like "Piper Laurie in Carrie." If the son is the new supreme, or a warlock at all, that statement would make a lot of sense. I wonder if we'll see a power of some sort manifest out of him in response to the zombie attack next week.

vCash
    Was up all night getting caught up on this new season. So far, so good. I am a late convert but really loving the show. I'm wondering if the new Supreme isn't her daughter. Is she too old? She resists using her powers so it's tough to say just what and how strong they are.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    You know, it probably does not have to be a woman...all of the pictures of supremes on the wall are women. Interesting thought about the neighbor. There is an article where Patti Lupone describes her character as being like "Piper Laurie in Carrie." If the son is the new supreme, or a warlock at all, that statement would make a lot of sense. I wonder if we'll see a power of some sort manifest out of him in response to the zombie attack next week.
    Which kind of leads me to believe it was Patti Lupone's character who threw the acid in Cordelia's face. Punishing Cordelia for running the school would seem logical for someone like Lupone's character.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    Which kind of leads me to believe it was Patti Lupone's character who threw the acid in Cordelia's face. Punishing Cordelia for running the school would seem logical for someone like Lupone's character.
    *facepalm* I'd completely forgotten about her, but that's a really good guess. I bet she wasn't happy at all that her son went over to the house again to give the cookies to Nan.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    I think we were told that males had been Supreme's before, it just isn't as common.

The neighbor guy is almost surely not a Supreme but it wouldn't surprise me if he turns out to be more than just the guy next door. However, if he is a warlock then why would his mom want to move to New Orleans in the first place? She seems like she would stay as far away from anything dealing with witches as possible.

One thing I found interesting about Patti Lupone's character was her lack of shock when the knife flew across the room and the curtains caught on fire. I know she came and later said she didn't know how Madison did it but to me she seemed awfully calm, as if she has seen such things before. Gives even more credit to those who think her son may be a warlock or maybe she is a self hating witch?

I don't think the Supreme has to be near the upcoming Supreme, by the way. I know she begins losing her powers but I didn't think it was a literal issue of her powers being syphoned while the upcoming Supreme was close. I think it is just something that slowly begins to happen as the new Supreme comes into power, even if that new Supreme is 1000 miles away. Just how I took it.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    So, I've been meaning to catch this (I watched the first season) and just got around to catching up. I'm loving it! Jessica Lange is incredible, and I"m really enjoying Angela Basset's performance as well. I admit, I did not want Madison to die. As horrible as she was - there was something very compelling about her. I find myself annoyed with Zoey because she's so dang stupid.

The scenes with Kyle and his mom were also completely horrifying.

For what it's worth, I think Nan is the supreme. Maybe she set the curtains on fire and let Madison think she did it. She's also the one who found Kathy Bates & noticed Madison was missing.

Also, after I got done watching this season, I decided to start watching Asylum. Which is a really terrible idea when home alone, but I just can't stop. I don't know if I'll be getting much sleep tonight.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Preview of the second half of "American Horror Story:Coven"'s Halloween episode "Burn Witch Burn":
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...ian-oerly.html

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    lol, the choice of music in the titular scene is fabulous

same scene - jessica lange reminds me of truman capote in murder by death, just fabulous
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Great episode. Is there a new episode next week? I didn't see any previews.
    -Brian

vCash
    Ms. Farmiga kicks ass w/ a chain-saw. Loved it!

Also love seeing how Halloween was celebrated in the Madame Lalaurie household in the the 19th Century. LOL

I was also glad to see Lily Rabe re-emerge in her Necromancer role after not being in the show last week.

For those who watched: I think there was a very big clue pointing to who is the new Supreme.

vCash
    Whee! Not at all surprising, but I'm happy.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicElle View Post
    Whee! Not at all surprising, but I'm happy.
    ^^

Ryan Murphy gives a few teasers on "AHS:Coven":
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...-and-more.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    I agree and I feel like it's getting better every season. Love the Coven, it's definitely my favourite so far.
    Mine too! I'm totally addicted to this now! I always make sure that my Wednesday evenings are free!

I'm not liking the turn it took with the husband - but we'll see where that goes. I would totally love it if they took 'Coven' into another season - and another - and another! They've got a winner with this one imo!

vCash
    There is no way Coven will go on for more than one season. They plan these ahead of time to be completed in one season. It would go against what the entire series has been about from the beginning AND it would no longer make it a mini-series but instead of regular TV show which would mess with all the awards nominations and such.
    -Brian

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I believe "AHS" is playing it smart with keeping each yearly installment as a mini-series instead of a continuing series. The show and actors have a better chance at winning awards in the mini-series catagory. Which they do win.

But I'll also agree, I'll probably be wanting more Coven after this season. When the first season ended, Murphy did say that he may "revisit" a few installments. This is a show that can go on for many years and maybe do a few "Part 2"s.
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 11-10-2013 at 05:13 PM.

vCash
    I remember when I heard they were going to use the anthology approach, I was kind of disappointed, but it's actually worked out well (even though I didn't love season 2). Very few shows stay strong for their entire run, so have each season stand alone is kind a genius idea. Apparently, Hostages is planning to do the same thing and I thought I heard that The Following would be done in a similar way.

I have to say that one of my favorite elements this season is the incorporation of the historical characters. I'm really curious to see what Murphy does with the Axeman in the coming weeks. I had actually never heard of the Axeman until reading an interview where Murphy said he was a real character as well. Pretty grisly stuff from what I read about the Axeman...I guess Danny Huston will kind of be the Ian McShane of this season

vCash
    The Hostages is going to do something new every year? Is it even going to get another year, I thought the ratings were horrible. I heard any interview with Dylan McDermott and he made it sound like this was a one time thing but didn't mention something new for next year. I just assumed it was only intended to run one season and that makes sense with the subject matter.
    -Brian

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast